Dapol's new Class 68 locomotives

Nobby (John)

Is the omission of the detail pack a one-off or can anyone else confirm that there is no separate detail pack for the other end?

Cheers,

Mick

There is a plough but with a hole for the NEW pocket Mick You don't get two solid ploughs (which is what I want) Hornby's 60s came with sapre ones originally but have gone to one of each now too. Penny pinching ...?!

87029 is a modelshop and to my embarrassment can't remember what the shop is called! But he is based in Carlisle -is it city models?

So he does know how it all works

thanks

Mark

C&M Models, not far from the station.

My local model shop during my time at university.

Guest Midland Mole

Slightly :offtopic:

Just had my first experience of a real 68. I went to Kidderminster station this morning with the hope of seeing one and was not disappointed. 68008 "Avenger" on the rear of the 9:10 Chiltern to London. She looked fantastic and sounded amazing! Seeing a real one up close makes me appreciate even more just how much Dapol have captured the look and presence of these locos. Even though I am a steam nut, I have to admit to being a fan of the 68s. ;)

Alex

Edited by Midland Mole
  • Like 2

My SpotRail one arrived today and the squint nameplate was the first thing I noticed and the first thing my girlfriend noticed.  Its subtle but very noticeable due to the blue spots providing a datum point .  Disappointing as otherwise its a fantastic model.  

Returning it to Hattons and their usual excellent customer services have emailed me a printed label to return it.  

post-9046-0-23720600-1487415624_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Got mine today...

For some reason, the other 5 functions of the 6 function DCC decoder won't work.

And also when the train stops it won't restart until I give it a lot of pushing... As it's under warranty I haven't unscrewed anything but I can't see any obvious loose wires... Any ideas?

Has yours been supplied DCC fitted from Dapol? Thought these were a few weeks off yet?

Not a high enough start voltage?

Got mine today...

For some reason, the other 5 functions of the 6 function DCC decoder won't work.

And also when the train stops it won't restart until I give it a lot of pushing... As it's under warranty I haven't unscrewed anything but I can't see any obvious loose wires... Any ideas?

Just a thought but the body needed to come off to fit your 6 function decoder AND reset the switches on circuit board!?!

Got mine today...

Para 4 of the owners guide says that SW3 needs to be in P1. the only way to get to that switch I with the body off

Edited by Tigger

I ordered a 68005 from Hattons yesterday, was just two left at the time. Loco arrived today, lovely looking loco spoilt by the glue around the nameplate. Undecided on whether to send it back as if I do doubt will get another. Would have been better if Dapol had just supplied etched plates like Bachmann do for the customer to stick on... the plates are at least straight!

Back to basics, did it run reliably on DC ahead of decoder fitting? The failure to start may be nothing more than unreliable power pick up, many models need an hours running to get tyres and wiper tracks all nicely polished for the rock solid power collection that good DCC performance depends on.

Has yours been supplied DCC fitted from Dapol? Thought these were a few weeks off yet?

Not a high enough start voltage?

Was DCC Ready.

I tried increasing it on your suggestion - it worked for a bit then started not working again.

Para 4 of the owners guide says that SW3 needs to be in P1. the only way to get to that switch I with the body off

Didn't read that bit. It worked apart from the halos so not too sure.

Back to the shop for a return....

• RMweb Gold

Was DCC Ready.

I tried increasing it on your suggestion - it worked for a bit then started not working again.

Didn't read that bit. It worked apart from the halos so not too sure.

Back to the shop for a return....

But DCC ready is not DCC fitted. Are you sure it is not just a DC model?

Roy

Picked mine up today from the PO. Quite nervous on opening them (DRS example especially). Seems I've been luckier than some others in that both my examples - DRS and Chiltern - are both perfect. No crooked nameplates, glue dribbles or paint marks. Very pleased with them both but such a shame that some others have received poor QC models. Very tempted to get a second Chiltern example (to name Oxford Flyer) but worried I may not be as lucky with the next model.

• Like 3

Evening All,

I collected my 4 (2 DRS 1 Chiltern and 1 Scotrail) from Trident trains at Dagfields Centre today, I must be lucky as there was no glue marks around the nameplates or and damages to any of the 68's. All run very well and I am so happy with them.

Bring on the 88's next.

Mathew

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Unboxed my DRS 68002 today - received from Rails of Sheffield. All looks OK nameplate and yellow wearing panel wise. Test ran eventually*with basic 21 pin chip and all is OK. Awaiting a Youchoos Zimo sound chip later this coming week.

Superb model - livery application issues aside.

* ran fine on dc but refused to move under dcc. Tried several chips to no avail before discovering a disconnected wire at the controller (doh).

Cheers

Darius

Edited by Darius43

I ordered a 68005 from Hattons yesterday, was just two left at the time. Loco arrived today, lovely looking loco spoilt by the glue around the nameplate. Undecided on whether to send it back as if I do doubt will get another. Would have been better if Dapol had just supplied etched plates like Bachmann do for the customer to stick on... the plates are at least straight!

One wonders what Dapol (and others excluding Bachmann who as many know sell theirs cut price at big shows) do with their returns. I guess legally they cant send them back out to retailer network if repairable as 'new' items again?

One wonders what Dapol (and others excluding Bachmann who as many know sell theirs cut price at big shows) do with their returns. I guess legally they cant send them back out to retailer network if repairable as 'new' items again?

God knows what they will come out with, I'm only interested in how cheap I can get silver bullets from them for if I'm totally honest, maybe some megafrets aswell.

Ben