Dapol's new Class 68 locomotives

Nobby (John)

Bit disappointed got my sound 68 and found while it makes all the noises it doesn't move! Just sits on the track and buzzes no movement or buzzing on DC either. Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

Mark

Hi mark have known the motors to become unseated contact who you got it from they will sort it keep us posted mate .i have 4 and all work very good .

Andi

• 2 weeks later...

Bit disappointed got my sound 68 and found while it makes all the noises it doesn't move! Just sits on the track and buzzes no movement or buzzing on DC either. Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

Mark

One of mine had the exact same issue and can't remember the exact solution top of my head but I (think) it was a CV reset that fixed it (But NOT the resetting of the decoder itself) and / or reset of the DCC Controller to factory settings and all then seemed to work fine afterwards. Apologies can not be of more help was a few months back and did not write the solution down at the time.

One of mine had the exact same issue and can't remember the exact solution top of my head but I (think) it was a CV reset that fixed it (But NOT the resetting of the decoder itself) and / or reset of the DCC Controller to factory settings and all then seemed to work fine afterwards. Apologies can not be of more help was a few months back and did not write the solution down at the time.

Thanks have sent it back for refund. No reply from the email to Dapol service agent but to be fair didn't follow it up with phonecall etc so may not have been received.

Mark

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hope everyone's having a good Christmas.

My Father purchased 68010 from Hattons back in October as a Christmas present and got round to trying it today. Has anybody had any trouble with theirs pulsing when moving? Mine seems to be particularly

bad. I'm convinced it has been run in but he seems to think not. I will try running in for an hour or so each direction to see if it helps but I'm a bit concerned.   

Cheers Trailrage

• RMweb Premium

Just out of interest do people run the Dapol Network Rail Yellow JNAs and IOAs with Chiltern liveried 68s? 

I know that this formation is prototypical but I am just curious as to how many people model it as I may decide to do the same. 

Thank you in advance. 

Greater Anglia Mk3s

Railtours 

Autoballasters 

Just go and flickr and search any of the Chiltern fleet for more.

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Premium

It's your train set, run what makes you happy. As in the real world I try to mix things up, if a loco is not working its not making money

Thanks for the reply and very true. If I'm honest I prefer seeing them work with other stock as opposed to the Chiltern stock. The silver and grey is a nice contrast to the Network Rail Yellow.

Greater Anglia Mk3s

Railtours 

Autoballasters 

Just go and flickr and search any of the Chiltern fleet for more.

Thanks for posting Mick, I haven't seen these formations before. I may run Chiltern 68s with other coaching stock as these photos show that it is prototypical. The silver and grey provides a nice combination with the Anglia MK3s. It's good to see that their is a variety of stock that the Chiltern 68s work with that can be modelled. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to replace a buffer or put one on with these 68's?

I have one buffer that isn't sprung anymore and took it off to have a look and the parts look ok (buffer, sleeve & spring) but I'll be damned if I can get it back on and sprung again.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Cheers

Steve

• RMweb Premium

Does anyone know how to replace a buffer or put one on with these 68's?

I have one buffer that isn't sprung anymore and took it off to have a look and the parts look ok (buffer, sleeve & spring) but I'll be damned if I can get it back on and sprung again.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Cheers

Steve

I have had them come off before. I found that if you turn the buffer on it's side, push it in on that angle and then turn it to the appropriate position it will stay fixed in that position.