Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

As I've just said on PS; I put the Shed Heater on about 9am and by 11 I had to turn it off, I've been in there all afternoon and no extra heating, and it must be well insulated as there is still Snow on the roof from last night at 1600 hrs.

Lubley Jublee :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum: 

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4

As I've just said on PS; I put the Shed Heater on about 9am and by 11 I had to turn it off, I've been in there all afternoon and no extra heating, and it must be well insulated as there is still Snow on the roof from last night at 1600 hrs.

Lubley Jublee :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum: 

What size (kW) is your heater Andy?

Morning Andy hope the weather is ok.

The layout is commong on a treat buddy,

I have been busy of late but I will be on here more often. Keep up the good work buddy.

Mark

Hi Mark, just a few minutes of Snow again this morning, but now Raining. Still much more to do on the Layout, but it's getting there slowly and now with PShttp://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/116976-penybont-sidings-from-page-39/page-51&do=findComment&comment=2963250  I have some light relief.

Some Question please;

Has anybody any idea when;

The Milk Tanks stopped?

When The Fish Vans, (the Blue and White ones in the pics on the previous page) stopped?

When the Tarpaulin Clay's, or Clay Hoods stopped?

I'm looking at running a mid to late 80's / early 90's so any info would be most helpful.

Some Question please;

The Milk Tanks stopped?

When The Fish Vans, (the Blue and White ones in the pics on the previous page) stopped?

I'm looking at running a mid to late 80's / early 90's so any info would be most helpful.

Hi Andy

The information I have on milk tanks is that 1981 was the last year of operational use

Hi Andy

The information I have on milk tanks is that 1981 was the last year of operational use

Thanks Duncan, so I can use the Blue Western and Warships for my early Blue / 81 period, brilliant, thanks.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Some Question please;

The Milk Tanks stopped?

Andy,

The clay hoods ran until February 1988, after which they were replaced with the CDA hoppers. These were used on the local workings in Devon & Cornwall. The other 4 wheelers (with the flat covers) used on the workings to Stoke and Scotland were phased out in 1982 and replaced by the PBA type, some lovely models of which you already own. Can’t help with the fish vans, sorry.

Edited by Western Aviator

Andy,

The clay hoods ran until February 1988, after which they were replaced with the CDA hoppers. These were used on the local workings in Devon & Cornwall. The other 4 wheelers (with the flat covers) used on the workings to Stoke and Scotland were phased out in 1982 and replaced by the PBA type, some lovely models of which you already own. Can’t help with the fish vans, sorry.

Thanks for the info, I have the Hoods for the Tarpaulin Clays, so I can run up to 88 by re fitting them, I also have the CDA's and as you say the wonderful PBA Tigers.

• Like 1

Now with all the weathering jobs now out of the way, which I have very much enjoyed, next week I plan to do a little on PS, and then change the Buffer Stops in the Yard, (see post #2796), and make a start on some more scenic's along the front of the Layout to hide the Point Motors. 

I want to make a start on the Main Station area soon, so need to FINALLY sort that out in my mind.

Tomorrow I also have an O Gauge Pannier to try out on PS if I can.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1