Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Did you say 0 gauge Pannier? Very interested to see that. I've always said I'd never try 0 gauge, but that Pannier looks nice and then I started looking at the GWR parkside kits.. It's a slippery slope.

Indeed I did Scott.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/116976-penybont-sidings-from-page-39/page-52&do=findComment&comment=2964358

Some Question please;

Has anybody any idea when;

The Milk Tanks stopped?

When The Fish Vans, (the Blue and White ones in the pics on the previous page) stopped?

When the Tarpaulin Clay's, or Clay Hoods stopped?

I'm looking at running a mid to late 80's / early 90's so any info would be most helpful.

In his book Rail freight since 1968 Wagonload Paul Shannon gives the date of the last use of Blue Spot Insulfish vans in fish traffic as the early 1980s on Scotland's Far North line.

Clay hoods were, and CDAs are, only intended for use between clay loading sites in Devon and Cornwall and Fowey docks and would therefore not work east of Exeter. 

Great layout.

Rob

In his book Rail freight since 1968 Wagonload Paul Shannon gives the date of the last use of Blue Spot Insulfish vans in fish traffic as the early 1980s on Scotland's Far North line.

Clay hoods were, and CDAs are, only intended for use between clay loading sites in Devon and Cornwall and Fowey docks and would therefore not work east of Exeter. 

Great layout.

Rob

Hi Rob, Thanks for the info, and for looking in. I will have to use Rule 1 for the Clayliners to Stoke, diverted due to excessive Engineering Works on Phil Bullocks Abbotsbury Jct. and probably the same Rule 1 for some occasional Fish Traffic down from Aberdeen to London I guess.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

A couple of small jobs this morning between trips to the Post Office and Sainsbury's.

I've fitted the Dave Franks / Lanarkshire Models Buffers to the Yard http://www.lanarkshiremodels.com/. replacing the Peco ones. PLUS  some work on Penybont Sidings, (pics of that later).

They may still need re paintings once dry to tone them down a bit.

post-9335-0-84340800-1513607334_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-64186300-1513607388_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-86116300-1513607439_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 17

The buffer stops look very good think I shall treat myself to a few after christmas.

I had 6, and I've used 2 in Kings Moreton Goods Yard, 1 on the Loco Stabling Road by the Station and the last 3 here in the South Yard, they were destined for Much Dithering, but now that Dr B has lifted that they had to be used here.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I had 6, and I've used 2 in Kings Moreton Goods Yard, 1 on the Loco Stabling Road by the Station and the last 3 here in the South Yard, they were destined for Much Dithering, but now that Dr B has lifted that they had to be used here.

Andrew dear chap,

You cannot go around accusing the good Dr B (savior of our railways) for lifting Much Dithering, :no2: next you will be saying it was him who pushed you off your milk crate. :umbrage:

Andrew dear chap,

You cannot go around accusing the good Dr B (savior of our railways) for lifting Much Dithering, :no2: next you will be saying it was him who pushed you off your milk crate. :umbrage:

You mean it WASN'T HIM what did it Clive! 

INTRODUCTION

When building a new Layout, planning is the key, well NOT IN MY CASE. :O 

As you will see below, I started off with Kingsford, North Yard, and Depot, that lasted a short while, then I moved things forward to Kingsley Dale, another change of Plan saw me go to a Roundy Roundy and Kingley Road, now finally from Page 25 /June 2017, I've settled on Kings Moreton, a WR Roundy with a BLT to Much Dithering and some nice Oxfordshire Countryside.

A new name and a new beginning from Page 25, June 2017, now BR/WR.

Kings Moreton, (change for Much Dithering). from page 25, I've changed to a more prototypical rendition of the basic plan, but it will no longer incorporate the Depot, as I wanted more room for Scenic's, i.e Fields, Trees and a Lane etc.

Backscene Painting Demo Post #1308 - 80's Railfreight Videos page 48, 49, 55 - Western Hydraulic Video P# 56 

attachicon.gifmsg-16721-0-43597500-1496694099_thumb.jpg

attachicon.gifShed Plan.png

Kingsley Dale  Kingsley Road, change for Much Dithering,  starts from page 9 and now as a roundy roundy, so if you want to read about the Yard  and Depot then read from page 1.

Kingsford,  North Yard, and Depot is an imaginary Yard, in an imaginary Location, so no RIGHTS or WRONGS on here.

It will be run as BR Steam and Green Diesels or BR Blue, depending on the mood of the Day.

The Track has been laid over the last few days, and push tested today to ensure it works, and satisfies my desire for loads of shunting and a busy Depot for loads of running.

Here are the first pics from today.

Firstly a pic of the previous Brit Vic Layout with the Depot section removed to save me having to cut another hole for the Turntable and Pit.

attachicon.gifFirst Track pics 001 (1).JPG

And with the Depot in it's new home at the end of Kingsford, North Yard

attachicon.gifFirst Track pics 001 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifFirst Track pics 001 (3).JPG

attachicon.gifFirst Track pics 001 (4).JPG

attachicon.gifFirst Track pics 001 (5).JPG

Some info for you.

attachicon.gifFirst Track pics 001 (3) - Copy.JPG

How do you put those captions onto your pics? Look great.

How do you put those captions onto your pics? Look great.

Thanks sn. If you mean between pic's, well put the cursor where you want the picture to go, then go to Add to Post, and it should do it, something like this.

First fitting.

post-9335-0-31786800-1513693915_thumb.jpg

Finished

post-9335-0-05432000-1513693973_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I've started a Topic in the Wheeltappers section for people to discuss their OTHER Hobbies away from Railways, be it Photography, Cycling, Fishing, Skydiving etc. Whatever it is, I'm sure others on R M Web would be interested in Past and Current OTHER HOBBIES of others on here.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/129337-and-my-other-hobby-is/&do=findComment&comment=2971082

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.

Thank you for all your help in the early days when I was setting up Little Muddle on this website.

Please keep on entertaining us with your modelling skills and for keeping us guessing as to what your are going to build next or indeed change/alter/amend/rebuild/rethink/modernise/revamp/ditch on your current layout/s

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.

Thank you for all your help in the early days when I was setting up Little Muddle on this website.

Please keep on entertaining us with your modelling skills and for keeping us guessing as to what your are going to build next or indeed change/alter/amend/rebuild/rethink/modernise/revamp/ditch on your current layout/s

Thanks very much Kevin, and the same to you and all your Family, and also reciprocating for the help and advice you have given regarding Trees etc.

All is quiet on KM at the moment, I have some plans for 2018, but nothing finalised as yet, I need some Mulled Wine and a good think over the next few days.

• Like 3

All is quiet on KM at the moment, I have some plans for 2018, but nothing finalised as yet, I need some Mulled Wine and a good think over the next few days.

That sounds interesting Andy - I just hope this does not mean the Beeching axe is about to swing and Dr O Gauge is heading towards KM.

That sounds interesting Andy - I just hope this does not mean the Beeching axe is about to swing and Dr O Gauge is heading towards KM.

Don't worry Andy, NO Beeching axe on KM yet, still a lot of pleasure in running it, although I do need to rationalise a little Stock wise in the New Year.

• Like 1

Andy,

It took me a long time to get round to looking at Kings Moreton, now it is one of my "must visit" threads.

Thank you for the inspiration I get from your work.

David

Thanks Dave, great to have you on board for the ride, I hope it continues to help and inspire others as well.

Cheers,

BTW Your Blue Period pics do help.

• Like 2

Don't worry Andy, NO Beeching axe on KM yet, still a lot of pleasure in running it, although I do need to rationalise a little Stock wise in the New Year.

I suggest getting rid of those ugly lawn mowers and stick with the far more attractive Duchesses, Princesses, Jubilees etc.

Hi Rob, Thanks for the info, and for looking in. I will have to use Rule 1 for the Clayliners to Stoke, diverted due to excessive Engineering Works on Phil Bullocks Abbotsbury Jct. and probably the same Rule 1 for some occasional Fish Traffic down from Aberdeen to London I guess.

No need for Rule 1; the Clay-liner used various routes, one being via the Berks and Hants, then Didcot and Oxford, thence to Bletchley, where an electric replaced the diesel. Cynics might suggest this was to increase the amount of ton-miles conveyed by electric-hauled trains. I'd be interested to hear other justifications.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Despite the t'other Andy's suggestion regarding stock may I make a suggestion. Green diesels only. Model that lovely period of time when the WR had said (sadly) good bye to its steam engines but before the wholesale application of corporate blue.

Or better still lift the track and replace with a guided busway.

• Like 1