MRJ 253 Post-Publication Thread

Zero Gravitas

That's good to know and thanks for the positive feedback. Plans are afoot for a new step-by-step weathering book in colour to be published at some stage in the not too distant, in case you're interested. I've been nagged by two publishers now and as it's been quite a long period since I wrote the first one, I think I'll have to bite the bullet and start work on it soon.

In answer to your question, I don't bother masking the wheel treads because I find it's unnecessary. I clean the treads with cellulose thinners on a cotton bud after I've finished any spraying - it comes off pretty quickly, no matter which type paint I've applied. 

I'm offline for a couple of weeks from tomorrow night so won't be able to respond further until after that time.

Cheers for now,

Martyn

Why is the change 'welcome'?

This just goes to show that the authors and readers form a fairly broad church (not wishing this to be seen in an ecclesiastical sense you understand!). They'll be publishing articles about OO layouts next.

They have, fairly often, including a whole series of articles by Frank Dyer and the Borchesters were definitely 4ft 1 1/2 ins. gauge.  

I don't normally buy MRJ for reasons that my avatar should suggest (quite apart from my general ham fistedness) but this edition looks worth getting. 

I'd like to ask about the "J65 Postscript" article, it is about LNER J65 engine, there are previous articles on it?

Thanks,

Carlos 

The only other piece on that particular loco' was in MRJ no. 245: see the online MRJ index for details http://www.modelrailwayjournal.com/index.php?s=barry+norman&t=All&o=issue&g=0&page=9 

That's really only about construction with a little prototype detail. There was a more detailed overview of the type and its derivatives by Iain Rice, way back in issues 35 and 36. I can't vouch for the accuracy of the articles because the GER isn't my specific area of interest but since the index threw up the references...

Adam

Archived