Boxer Bay Railway - 16' x 9' Roundy

boxerbayrailway

A few updates.  First a quick little video of a newly finished up ex LMS 1F 0-6-0T  now BBR #8  "Hilda".  Purchased second hand,  refurbished with new gears,  and re-lettered etc...

And a neat detail I just had to have, the classic finger signpost.  The squire's Bentley is parked, he must be behind the camera ;)

spacer.png

Edited by boxerbayrailway
  • Like 11

10 hours ago, boxerbayrailway said:

A few updates.  First a quick little video of a newly finished up ex LMS 1F 0-6-0T  now BBR #8  "Hilda".  Purchased second hand,  refurbished with new gears,  and re-lettered etc...

And a neat detail I just had to have, the classic finger signpost.  The squire's Bentley is parked, he must be behind the camera ;)

spacer.png

So nice to see a 1F, one of my favorites.  I have a second (or maybe third) hand Slaters kit to do one of these days.

Very nicely produced video, the sound effects are quite effective.

Cheers

John

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GRASinBothell said:

Was the signpost a kit?

Gordon

Hi Gordon,

Yes,  a very nice metal kit by Duncan Models.    Usual disclaimer,  no connections, just happy customer.  

The hobby wouldn't be the same without all the producers of parts,  accessories etc...

http://www.duncanmodels.co.uk/    

Felix

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Great video Felix! Something I wish I had more time for!

Hope that you're well 

Shaun

Thanks Shaun.   I do enjoy photography, & filming the railway,  especially as it's getting more complete with scenery & details.  Finding time is difficult.  I am well & very busy with the new job,  but getting a lot of little things done & enjoying the 4 day break.

I made up this film for the GOG virtual show.  Probably won't have time to make another for awhile,  but maybe a few shorts.

Hope all is well with you,

Felix

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 4

Since Gordon has mentioned seagulls,  guess I should share my latest building for the Boxer Bay village,

and the most important,  being the local pub :drinks:.    "The Cheeky Seagull

I must finish the pavement,  pink indeed !  The patrons will be seeing an elephant next !

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/12/2021 at 08:23, Sasquatch said:

Just what we need ... more snow! I heard promise of a white Christmas too.

Have a great holiday mate.

Regards Shaun.

Yeah,  guess we'll have to wait & see.  Although I doubt it'll make it to the coast,  but who knows,  back in 2017 it was like this !

You have a great one too Shaun,  Merry Christmas.    Cheers,  Felix

DSCF9088.JPG.16267fe7ac4f49033332e27d86672990.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The wind is frosty,  the temperature is below 2 degrees,  it's dark & the rain is close to turning to snow.

But in my miniature world,  where it's always Summer,  Peter & Fenella have stopped off to have a picnic.

Another fine set of metal figures from S&D models.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by boxerbayrailway
  • Like 10

New year,  new project.  My attention has been mostly on Windrush Junction,  and the surrounding area.  For 2022,  my main area of activity will be developing the other side of the railway, Boxer Bay,  and it's dock.  I am most looking forward to it,  being interested in maritime activity as well as railways.  Here are a few photos showing how things stand now,  with bare track & a start on the dock wall.  Incidentally the isolated & elevated track will be for the moving dock crane,  based on the S&D crane at Highbridge.   Felix

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 9
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

I do hope that guy in the third picture fairs better walking on that plank than the guy in the second picture did walking his :D

Happy new year to you Felix and good luck with the new project, I'm looking forward to watching developments.

Regards Shaun. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Work has left little time for the railway,  but today was a good day and I decided to be lazy.  So I just put the hi-fi record player on & played trains :senile:  No news,  No phones,  No Computers,  just music,  tea,  & steam ;)  Here's BBR #8  "Hilda"  rolling through the countryside in simpler times with the "aff'noon" goods.  

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 14

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, Northroader said:

Your scenic work is going very well.

Thank You.   Outside of a small 3x6'  TT layout built when I was a teenager,  this is the first layout

I've gotten to the scenic / detailing phase,  so it's all a learning curve for what works, or not.  All great fun.

I'm enjoying the "Beyond Dover"  thread.  Been tempted a few times to build a small French O layout,  but

time (& budget , ability)  are limited right now.   Had a crazy idea of making my buildings removable on the BBR

and replaced with continental versions,  along with stock,  & presto,  it's a French secondary line in 1910 !  Maybe someday.

Felix

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/03/2022 at 14:24, mopar said:

I might have missed it but is your station building a kit or scratchbuilt?

Thanks for the kind compliment.   The station building is a kit available from Skytrex models.  It was formally made by NMB models in Somerset.  I can recommend it,  nice castings & great fun to build.

Thanks,

Felix

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Been awhile since I posted any updates.  Not too much has developed.  Busy work schedule getting in the way.  A few little projects like lineside fencing, & details have been added.  Including a new establishment in the High street of Boxer Bay. A few random photographs.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2