Boxer Bay Railway - 16' x 9' Roundy

boxerbayrailway

• 1 month later...

There's been a little progress with some details.  I realized I needed to add a catch point to protect the goods yard,  along with a ground signal.  I've also cobbled together an end loading platform,  in typical Col. Stephens fashion,  salvaging some railings from a Peco HO turntable kit that was being tossed in the bin at one of our local swap meets.  The area around Windrush Junction is now starting to take shape,  more developments coming soon.

IMG_4482.JPG

IMG_4508.JPG

windrush+delivery.jpg

• Like 15

• 2 weeks later...

It's Christmas eve,  and snow is beginning to fall.  Under the watchful eye of Colonel Stephens himself, BBR # 3 "Josie"  shunts the last few wagons into the goods sidings before retiring off to the shed at Windrush Junction.  I wonder if that's Ivo's Bentley ?  ;)

From all the staff of the Boxer Bay Railway,  wishing everyone following this story of my fictional model railway a Merry Christmas. May you spend quality time with the family,  eat lots of good food,  and maybe get a chance to run the occasional train :) Cheers !   Felix

501013067_Christmas2.jpg.e229105debd9b7a920f267ad7126fd9a.jpg

Edited by boxerbayrailway
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 4 months later...

It's been awhile since I've posted anything on here.  Scenic progress has been happening at Windrush Junction ,  so it's starting to resemble something like a station ;)    The brewery is also developing,  with much work still to do.   Also had a bit of time to do a short film,  featuring the lovely Dapol 48xx which I couldn't resist.   Hope everyone is well and keeping the trains rolling in these strange times.  Felix

spacer.png

• Like 11

• 11 months later...
  • boxerbayrailway changed the title to Boxer Bay Railway - 16' x 9' Roundy

Slowly working away at a few layout projects.  Latest rolling stock addition is an S&D Peat Wagon.  Built from the Furness Railway resin kit,  overall very happy with it.  You can never have too many wagons :D

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 14

Posted (edited)

After researching some kits on the market for Goods sheds,  which were either too expensive or not what I was looking for.  I decided to just make it from scratch.  I jumped in and started from a scale plan from the excellent Great Western Branch Line Termini  by Paul Karau.  It's basic dimensions are based on the shed at Ashburton, but it will not be an exact replica.  Foam core & Slaters stone sheets are the basic materials,  which work great and cost very little.  Who says O gauge is expensive ?  Here is the basic shape & how it will look at Windrush Junction.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 13

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/07/2021 at 04:25, boxerbayrailway said:

Slowly working away at a few layout projects.  Latest rolling stock addition is an S&D Peat Wagon.  Built from the Furness Railway resin kit,  overall very happy with it.  You can never have too many wagons :D

spacer.png

spacer.png

That kit turned out real nice. The same company was commissioned to do NSWGR wagons. World events conspired to delay the project, but it looks like I'll have the first ones by the end of the month.