3D printed road vehicles

grahame

A couple of 3D printed Sherpas arrived from Redandy today. Here's a quick snap. I need to check them over (one has a broken off mirror) and compare with pics of real Sherpa vans to ascertain if any work is required before painting:

DSC_0698red.jpg.8f2226627c9b337872de579bba46c96a.jpg

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

On 25/05/2021 at 20:52, acg5324 said:

The first of the Bedford TK models are now available at Osborn’s.

SWB Tipper

6x4 Cement mixer

Tractor unit with low loader.

Other TK types, box van and an interesting looking road sweeper, becoming available - photos on their website. I did trying to order (last weekend) using money in my PayPal account but it didn't seem to work. I'll have to try again but will wait until others are listed and hopefully the order glitch is fixed.

1060220779_what-s-next-3-43500-p.jpg.5bcfa618e6fa86e6dbffc829de91cc98.jpg1174538050_what-s-next-4-43500-p.jpg.fd9af5a89d249d8ac311ffcc2613ba10.jpgarch-laser-a3d111-n-gauge-bedford-tk-steel-tipper-unpainted--52403-1-p.jpg.e58ae701e9daf88a1286cdec24e0a272.jpgarch-laser-a3d110-n-gauge-bedford-tk-cement-mixer-unpainted--52377-p.jpg.d467e9405bb7c76d169e4c738108bd12.jpg

Edited by grahame
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1

Hey thats more like it , somebody's been looking at the suggestions that have been made over the last few months.

At leastthey are from a UK supplier, they look very good from the photo's that you posted Grahame. 

Things are starting to look up a long last As Bernard TPM said it only needs a cab to change the vehicle's looks and you have 

another variation.

Regards Ray.

• Like 1

Thanks - got there in the end! These have been in the works for a fair while so it is a relief to get them released at long last. There are a couple more that will be added in the next few days - Marina Coupe and van versions as well as Allegro and Mk2 Granada. Another month or so of crossing off the last cars on the list and then I will apply the handbrake on the range hopefully after enough gaps have been filled.

• Like 3

Here's the full 1960s Commer line up, a few have modifications to make and a few did not print well.

82-290521154229-110236848.jpeg

82-290521154229-1102361315.jpeg

82-290521154227-11022520.jpeg

82-290521154227-1102251951.jpeg

The fire engine, horsebox and sheeted load need work and the fire engine had print issues.

Edited by Tricky-CRS
picture error
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1

They are looking really good Richard. I like the concept of building a family around the same base design. The fire engine is looking very much like the one which served my home village in the late 1960s through to the late 1970s.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Hi Richard,

they look realy good the extra work that you put in makes them stand out .As Mike commented you have something by

doing a whole run of different types of vehicles.I think the fire engine and horsebox are different to any models on the market that I have seen.I think  you will find a market for them. Wasnt the Commer the fore runner of the Dodge ? as it has similar lines.

just a thought. It could be your next run. Regards Ray.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Trewisin said:

Hi Richard,

they look realy good the extra work that you put in makes them stand out .As Mike commented you have something by

doing a whole run of different types of vehicles.I think the fire engine and horsebox are different to any models on the market that I have seen.I think  you will find a market for them. Wasnt the Commer the fore runner of the Dodge ? as it has similar lines.

just a thought. It could be your next run. Regards Ray.

The Dodge looks very similar but somehow like the ugly duckling to me, I have so many I would like to do. I agree its nice to do families of vehicles, at the moment I am limiting myself to max 7-8 versions but will revisit them all later as I find more pictures and cash allows. Here's an sneak peek of the next model 1950 Commer Express Delivery Van. Its had some work since these were done yesterday evening waiting for next variant before test printing.

untitled.185.jpg

IMG_20210606_095732MP.jpg

Edited by Tricky-CRS
missed question
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BernardTPM said:

And that one closely related to the Hillman Minx of the period. Could easily be made into a Hillman Minx estate (1948 to '56) by adding windows in the van section.

Interesting I wonder what is on the printer as I type......

This is the first pass so not thought about seating in the back and left it as the same chassis as the van. Now I will add a bench seat in back by the window pillar.

screenShot_Commer-VanWindow-Body-V1.png

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Trewisin said:

You have been busy Richard,they look supurb.I wonder whats next ?

Regards Ray.

I will have another model to show this week and possible a new project preview next weekend. I have a few more planned then get the current lot finished and the range up and running.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

A package arrived this morning from Osborns Models with my order for some 3D printed vehicles. The TK cab on its own was supplied as a favour as I don't think they will be producing/selling it separately, although it does simply lift off the other trucks. My plan is to make a furniture box body for the tipper variant (as pictured earlier in this thread):

DSC01877red.jpg.180aac5ff0fc4caacf3b30b36c6c049e.jpg

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 09/06/2021 at 13:15, grahame said:

My plan is to make a furniture box body for the tipper variant (as pictured earlier in this thread):

I have some spare Oxford models pantechnican bodies, as I just wanted the early Bedford cabs for the Radio Times vehicles I made a while back. I can pop one in the post if it is of use.

starting_from_vehicles.jpg.c579b21d59afe699651734d36cfdf417.jpg

44508018782_55f06857d0_o.jpg.8a731869f1214d9a75dedfec65872e07.jpg

Edited by Ian Morgan
re-loaded images
  • Like 5

Thanks for the very kind offer, but I'll pass. I'm not sure whether they'd fit width and wheelbase wise. My plan is to replicate the removals box body as here, which I'm actually quite looking forward to making out of plasticard:

TK.jpg.c5498d972d5c1f0a7c7bd7d60ef0140d.jpg

• Like 1

I'm impressed by the modular design nature of the Osborn TK trucks. The cabs, chassis and bodies just unplug - they're not glued either. That's a boon for vehicle bashers in making it easy to build your own bodies, adapt the chassis and so on, and also for painting. The two chassis I've got are a little different with details and wheelbase;

DSC01879red.jpg.3f5d312ec25ffbc288bea42dfc378346.jpg 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, grahame said:

I'm impressed by the modular design nature of the Osborn TK trucks. The cabs, chassis and bodies just unplug - they're not glued either. That's a boon for vehicle bashers in making it easy to build your own bodies, adapt the chassis and so on, and also for painting. The two chassis I've got are a little different with details and wheelbase;

That’ll make painting the chassis easier too.

• Like 1

Hi.

I thought it would be worth adding a couple from me which I knocked together a while ago, basically to try out my new printer at the time.

image.png.cde72cdc57a040556de93aec2ee0f730.png

image.png.65c295cd48d19ababc99cf70a8e246e5.png

To be honest, the weathering probably could be a bit better.

Missy.

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1