3D printed road vehicles

grahame

Richard,

This might help for your Ford Transit Mk2: https://www.transitcenter.uk/transit-mk2-data-specification.php

and there's a lot of very good reference photos on the internet - just google 'Mk2 Ford Transit van'.

I'm not sure if they are the same model/wheelbase and I flipped the photo so they face the same direction,

but here's a comparison:

947474434_FTVflip.jpg.90b06cd5032bbecd8a1a98b6ad76c62b.jpg 

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, acg5324 said:

Avenger in N too I hope?

Yes! Everything will be avilable in both scales unless it is already modelled and readily available in that scale (I hope that makes sense, if it is a duplication of a rare toy, I will release it but with the Oxford Mk1 granada etc, they will only be released in the scale where there is no competitor).

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Definitely moving in the right direction. One difficult feature is the shape of the front windscreen which comes out forwards quite a lot, giving a fair bit of wrap-round at the edges. See this picture. These are quite good, though the sun visor does get in the way of the top of the screen. They also show the last plastic grille that replaced the early Mk.2 front around 1983/4.

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, BernardTPM said:

Definitely moving in the right direction. One difficult feature is the shape of the front windscreen which comes out forwards quite a lot, giving a fair bit of wrap-round at the edges. See this picture. These are quite good, though the sun visor does get in the way of the top of the screen. They also show the last plastic grille that replaced the early Mk.2 front around 1983/4.

Thank you trying to describe this all now, along with a few other things not done before.

• Agree 1

Now it has been asked else where about material metal is my preference and they are shells not solid lumps. For example the vans are 3 parts - chassis, steering wheel and body, I am trying to get them as thin and light as possible, I do not think 3D printing is viable production method failed prints limited number per print run and time printing per run. Cast resin I have had bad experience with in the past if anyone can recommend a very good resin caster I will consider it.

Does anyone know who did the latest NGS road vehicle casting in resin and how consistent it was? Did any one get any bad castings?

Hi Richard , Thats better i see that Oxfords do not have wing mirrors on their transits. Would it not be easier if you omitted them and perhaps add extra fret of etches . So that  the indiviual has a choice to put them on or not (just a thought).

I believe Paul Gandy has had somthing to to with the milirary vehicles for the NGS.

If its metal you might be looking at then the models that I have had from Arrowhead are very clean and very good .

Regards Ray.

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Just spotted Redandy767 has some new motors for sale. allegro and mk1 Granada.

I have a Granada on order….none in silver for the Sweeny and wrong type too. I’ll post pictures when it arrives.

Here is the Allegro……looks pretty good apart from the rear screen is flat and not rounded like the prototype.

8B972509-154F-4301-A416-F07BBA1E7842.jpeg

8C2B5591-076E-4FDA-9BA3-904FEC88A892.jpeg

AC627BBE-97C7-4B74-8AA9-26468C9EC418.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Hi Andy, where did you get that Transit from in your last accompanied post ?. As Richard seems to be having problems with wing

mirrors on his Transit when printing. If its a redandy767  he might be able to solve the thickness problem Richard is having.

Thanks for the pics very interesting.

Regards Ray.

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Trewisin said:

Hi Andy, where did you get that Transit from in your last accompanied post ?. As Richard seems to be having problems with wing

mirrors on his Transit when printing. If its a redandy767  he might be able to solve the thickness problem Richard is having.

Thanks for the pics very interesting.

Regards Ray.

Yes it was from Redandy767 he has the Transit and Sherpa vans available.

• Agree 1

So at long last, the first batch of prints have arrived. These are the 4mm trial prints of the Hillman Hunter Saloon and estate, Granada Mk2, Ital Van, Austin 1800 and Wolseley Six. Overall, I am pretty pleased with them, theres some small tweaks needed to the make the chassis on the 1800 fit without me having to manually file it down for every single model but overall great progress. Please excuse the cruel close ups.

DSC_1343.JPG

DSC_1344.JPG

DSC_1345.JPG

DSC_1346.JPG

DSC_1347.JPG

DSC_1348.JPG

DSC_1349.JPG

Edited by m0rris
  • Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

16 hours ago, m0rris said:

So at long last, the first batch of prints have arrived. These are the 4mm trial prints of the Hillman Hunter Saloon and estate, Granada Mk2, Ital Van, Austin 1800 and Wolseley Six. Overall, I am pretty pleased with them, theres some small tweaks needed to the make the chassis on the 1800 fit without me having to manually file it down for every single model but overall great progress. Please excuse the cruel close ups.

DSC_1343.JPG

DSC_1344.JPG

DSC_1345.JPG

DSC_1346.JPG

DSC_1347.JPG

DSC_1348.JPG

DSC_1349.JPG

Someone has done a cut and shut job on that 1800, the front is a mk1 and the back is a mk2.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, markw said:

Someone has done a cut and shut job on that 1800, the front is a mk1 and the back is a mk2.

Thanks for that - i was wary of the trap, checked once, checked twice got distracted and it now looks like a suspicious 70s accident repair. I will amend accordingly.

• Round of applause 2