3D printed road vehicles

grahame

16 hours ago, m0rris said:

Thanks for that - i was wary of the trap, checked once, checked twice got distracted and it now looks like a suspicious 70s accident repair. I will amend accordingly.

Just have it pulled over by the local Police Vehicle Examiner!

Ian_B

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Hi Richard, as Robert the Bruce said If you get it wrong the first time  Try  Try Again. Your body looks good.

have a word with  Mike Royal42 he may know the secret of fine printing looking at the Matador tankers shown in a previos article

as im sure those wondows in the cab ar very fine indeed.

Regards Ray.

Ps. mOrris how about  1/148 scale ? it wold be nice.

PPs Nice pics in latest BRM of Osbornes TK's.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

My Granada and Mk2 Cortina have arrived from Redandy767.

The Cortina and Granada are almost the same size when the Granada should be bigger. The Cortina is a bit on the dumpy side. The Granada’s shape looks much better. I’ve ordered an unpainted one for Jack (Regan) and George (Carter)….I’ll need to add some spot lights to it.

26B8C899-BC3D-48C7-9E1A-57B46703FFD3.jpeg

02A4A806-C6A1-44D2-95E3-3E9A61E89415.jpeg

772A5D22-E504-468E-B86F-F4604987DCC6.jpeg

F2BAFD17-8F61-4A23-8371-DF3AFAC9352E.jpeg

24A95E7F-6FFB-4B2A-934A-028EFFDFBD5B.jpeg

88D7305E-B9E4-452A-B92E-790DEF657EEE.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Trewisin said:

Hi Richard, as Robert the Bruce said If you get it wrong the first time  Try  Try Again. Your body looks good.

have a word with  Mike Royal42 he may know the secret of fine printing looking at the Matador tankers shown in a previos article

as im sure those wondows in the cab ar very fine indeed.

Regards Ray.

Ps. mOrris how about  1/148 scale ? it wold be nice.

PPs Nice pics in latest BRM of Osbornes TK's.

Some are already available in 1/148

CMAC Models

• Agree 1

Hi guys I must get my spell checker working It seems to be missing out a few letters every now and then.

Andy those new Grenada and Cortina look very good , As you say the colours need changing if you are thinking of the TV series

The Professionals. ( Bodie & Doyle would get lost looking for Cowley's Grenada.) Does Redandy have a web site or is he just on Ebay?

Regards Ray.

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Trewisin said:

Hi guys I must get my spell checker working It seems to be missing out a few letters every now and then.

Andy those new Grenada and Cortina look very good , As you say the colours need changing if you are thinking of the TV series

The Professionals. ( Bodie & Doyle would get lost looking for Cowley's Grenada.) Does Redandy have a web site or is he just on Ebay?

Regards Ray.

Just eBay by the looks of it.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, acg5324 said:

Some are already available in 1/148

CMAC Models

They look good. Are they now re-available to order?

And are the dimensions mentioned correct as the 1/148 Granada is smaller than the 1/148 Wolsey and Marina? Is it quoting the size for the 1/160 scale one?

• Agree 1

On 17/07/2021 at 08:04, grahame said:

They look good. Are they now re-available to order?

And are the dimensions mentioned correct as the 1/148 Granada is smaller than the 1/148 Wolsey and Marina? Is it quoting the size for the 1/160 scale one?

Thanks for the spot - I will go and check, I have been having some issues with the interface when listing items, I will try to sort them out today and report back.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

I am going to put this out there version 7 some improvements, it could be cynicism but what is wrong, something is bothering me and I don't know what. Only had this 5 mins mind, version6 in background with version 7 in grey.

screenShot_Ford-_Low_roof_Van-_Body_-_V6-01.png

v7.308.jpg

v7.310.jpg

v7.311.jpg

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

6 hours ago, Trewisin said:

Hi Richard, Body work looks good ,shame about the stearing wheel it looks as if its OO scale. Or is it just a optical illusion shown in Cad form.

Regards Ray.

PS glad you left out those speed camera wing mirrors .

Ignore steering wheel I have a plan for that, A few more mods and hopefully we are there.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, grahame said:

I like the lwb/hr trannie and think it looks better that the swb/lr version - possibly because the swb/lr seems rather too angular.

Thank you I have just sent version 2 back as my adviser and I are not happy with the LWB version. The SWB is very hard I think it is what it is now, the curves are very hard to get on a small model and are ending up on the renders looking angular. Hopefully over he weekend I'll get a the pair printed and have a better idea of the shape.#, no point printing the current version of lwb.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hi all just a quickie if those of you are into N/2mm modelling and are into military movements ie transporting them on rails.

I suggest you have a look at butlerprintedmodels.co.uk.  look at the section 10-12 mm /1/144 scale. There is quite va good choice

for WW2 vehicles or post war.

Regards Ray.

• Informative/Useful 1

On 14/07/2021 at 23:02, m0rris said:

These are the 4mm trial prints of the Hillman Hunter Saloon and estate, Granada Mk2

I need a Granada Mk2 and a Cortina Mk5, so I would be interested in getting them when available.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Trewisin said:

Hi Richard you bgetting very brave with ice cream vans ans now milk floats,what next? I like it what a challenge.

Regards Ray.

not sure its brave, heres the next one a gown van for your frock shop or cloths factory.

Gown Van .348.jpg

Gown Van .349.jpg

Gown Van .350.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, fodenway said:

if i may say - the milk bottles in your crates are rather large............!

Yes but I got some done for another project close to scale and there disappeared when printed, that said I'll have a think about it.