3D printed road vehicles

grahame

On 02/07/2021 at 09:14, Trewisin said:

Nice one Jo ,Grahame should be able to get some info from your add on nice pics. Do you still make decals? for rear end hazard

or slow moving vehicles. Yes Richard as Grahame said it would help if they were in white primer . They are still excellent and I like the various box van finishes.

Regards to all  .Ray.

Hi Ray,

I should be getting stock of the the pack for the Scania from Osborns in the next few weeks. I'm happy with the test sets (after about 4 revisions!). Please excuse the scruffy painting.

N-ROAD001-Promo.jpg.ccb0fe7dac626388343c52ca806adde6.jpg

I've got some bits being test printed at the same time, I'm planning a pack with Long Vehicle boards, light clusters and reflector triangles, to help people either painting kits or repainting Oxford Diecast and the like. I don't know how much demand there is for this, but it'll be interesting to see. This is just one of each style to print as a test.

N-Road003-taillightsSAMPLE.jpg.2cd2856fb64aa6dcd6d3bd50ff8b0470.jpg

Jo

Edited by Steadfast
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

The 1/148 Granada from Redandy767 has been turned into the Sweeneymobile……Jack and George out looking for some breakfast!

Spot lights added with PECO track pins.

30659DCA-EF9D-4E5A-96B6-3F5C0A889EFB.jpeg

74B8E56F-14FD-4F9A-939E-29CFAAC3E22B.jpeg

F33A9541-370C-4F95-921A-6AE27249E3BF.jpeg

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1

Hi Jo, dont worry about the painting ,the decals are what counts .  There are quite a few  decals required for vehicles in N-Scale there seems to be a shortage. Im suprised that the bus brigade have not produced a ready made selection.

Andy ,   your Sweeney mobile looks good .You will  have to look for some good life like figures in 3D print of Jack and George to pose next to the Grenada. 

Richard dont suprise us with another variation of the Transit van, yes the Dress delivery van looks good i can remember seeing them in London a few years ago,mainly black in colour if my mind serves me right.

Regards Ray.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

One of the clothes movers was a NCL offshoot Fashionflow.  Here is a photo of the van body of a Leyland Terrier. The derailed GUV has just missed it after being hit in the rear by a pway train at East Croydon.

https://zenfolio.page.link/8feLN

The rest of the crash photos are here…

https://zenfolio.page.link/fRVoy

Edited by acg5324
  • Agree 1

Hi Andy, dont remember that prang at Croydon in the 80's . I live within spitting distance from the London- Brighton line near to 3 Bridges. I must have been away o leave when that happened as im sure i would have remembered it as it would have dissrupted all flights into or out of Gatwick with divertions.

Regardsa Ray.

Edited by Trewisin
spelling

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Trewisin said:

Hi Andy, dont remember that prang at Croydon in the 80's . I live within spitting distance from the London- Brighton line near to 3 Bridges. I must have been away o leave when that happened as im sure i would have remembered it as it would have dissrupted all flights into or out of Gatwick with divertions.

Regardsa Ray.

It probably would have only blocked the adjacent line through platform 2…….and maybe not even that if the train wasn’t fouling the line.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

I am still learning, practicing and attempting to improve my CAD and printing skills.  My aim is to find out how fine I can get the detail on my models and these test prints are my latest attempt.

I haven't cleaned them up yet, the support stubs are still prominent and some supports will need repositioning; however, I am rather pleased with the detail on the Coles Crane gantry.

aec_matador_with_coles_crane_1.jpg.868da5be0dd051ea0766907fe579f19d.jpg

I need to do some further fine tuning but I'm pleased that I am finding my way around the CAD features and being able to print something that will go on my diorama.

cheers,

Mike

Edited by Royal42
  • Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

I have just received the full set of FKS Modellbau N scale etched wing mirrors for cars and trucks from DM Toys in Germany. All ready to adorn my older style vehicles for my 'vehicles I have owned' collection.

IMG_20210729_130043

Sorry these are not 3D printed models, but I have not finished painting those yet.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Hi Mike. I like your Coles Crane , can I have one when your ready . After seeing your airfield bowser you are onto something the fine printing looks superb, whats next (a David Brown airfield tractor ) I havnt seen any drawings yet only Oxfords 4mm version.

Richard your Tansits are growing and looking great I like the camper van.

Ian , thats very helpful re your German wing mirrors.

Regards all Ray. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Redandy767 on eBay has a Leyland Terrier cab and chassis available……I’ve one on the way with a replacement Austin Princess as the previous one got smashed in the post.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I love the range of transits Richard, the only thing I am not sure of it the size of the steering wheel, it seems to dominate the interior. otherwise, they are great, Will defo be after soem of them as and when/if they will be available.

best wishes

Simon

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, bridgiesimon said:

I love the range of transits Richard, the only thing I am not sure of it the size of the steering wheel, it seems to dominate the interior. otherwise, they are great, Will defo be after soem of them as and when/if they will be available.

best wishes

Simon

Thank you, I am currently printing a full set at 1:148 but the steering wheel at 90% and 80% to see what is best. 

• Agree 1

Technically this isn't road legal but I wanted something a bit different for a building site so modelled this over the weekend 

WN-DT25-View-1.jpg

A Wacker Neuson DT25 like the prototype the seat and bucket can both be rotated and the bucket and ram can be posed in up, down or anywhere in between positions

WN-DT25-View-2.jpg

WN-DT25-View-3.jpg

I plan when I have another weekend free to create a spider excavator so I can pose it on a slope depositing it's load into the bucket of the DT25 of course that's only the plan right now and it might change 

David

• Like 5

I've finished the stl for the 1974/75  Ford GT hardtop.  This is a bit of an icon here, the Mad Max Interceptor was one of these, and Eric Bana documented his love affair with his in the documentary  movie "Love The Beast"

T"Was a bit hard to find blueprints which weren't the Mad Max Interceptor version, and to find details of the original wheels but finally managed to find them on a UK website put together by UK owners  of Australian Fords of all places.

Currently prices have gone nuts for the original ones here, fueled by boomers buying the cars they wanted when they were 18 but their parents wouldn't let them.  If  you want a real one, theres currently a nice green  one on carsales.com.au for 133000 of your money.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1975-ford-falcon-gt-xb-auto/SSE-AD-7031763/?Cr=0

Designed in Sketchup which is not the best software for curvy car shapes, for the next one I'll be updating my Blender skills.

1215509858_XBHardtop5.jpg.238a7845c1d3b191a7896b27f204f049.jpg

image.png.7857d78f4239945a4fba62bf68cf7cb1.png

1249613583_XBHardtop3.jpg.f40d01d2b3994ea1782079f30a938810.jpg

image.png.1d1bb6d9193f06e03ef7643e1ecdccf0.png

2053526284_XBHardtop4.jpg.5e093e281d8948c4e4a4be8822089baa.jpg

image.png.e05529e2a1b06117156708d36ac2dd1f.png

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• RMweb Premium

My replacement Austin Princess arrived today along with the Leyland Terrier and two painted Granada’s.

The flatbed comes off the Terrier. I think it’s rather good. 

2525D846-2D43-4CB4-8203-72B4FFB723D2.jpeg

EE5DEC47-A1B6-4FF7-9351-F7DB0F8E0887.jpeg

D444E0F1-191B-4192-A587-26B01C272BD4.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Here is the latest models I have been working on, I hve designed the vehicle myself over the last year and had a sculptor do the horses and riders.

All need test printing and final modifications.

Hearse body will be in clear resin.

HD-FuneralHearse v10.png

HD-MilkFloat v17.png

HD-2W-Van v6.png

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

On 18/07/2021 at 11:25, m0rris said:

Thanks for the spot - I will go and check, I have been having some issues with the interface when listing items, I will try to sort them out today and report back.

Any news/feedback on this, please?

I've had to retake a pic of a N/2mm truck for an 'N Gauge Now' magazine article, so I thought I'd post a copy of it here. The cab is 3D printed while the body and chassis is highly bashed from a modern Tomytec tanker to try and back date it to a typical 1970s version:

DSC_0932red.jpg.123c435a3b6022aea8b3e890d42e6076.jpg

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 07/08/2021 at 17:40, Tricky-CRS said:

Here is the final batch of horse drawn vehicles that I have been working on including shire horses. The horses are in standing and moving poses and one even comes standing with a feed nose bag. 

HD-BrewersDray v14.png

HD-BrewersDray-CartWheels v12.png

HD-RemovalsVan v14.png

HD-RagmansTrolley v14.png

Good quality horses are desperately needed. Stationary poses with a nose bag would be particularly useful, any pre-war goods yard could use several.

Jerry

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, queensquare said:

Good quality horses are desperately needed. Stationary poses with a nose bag would be particularly useful, any pre-war goods yard could use several.

Jerry

Here's the horses sculpted, Shire horse stood and walking both stallion and mare, Cart horse stood and walking both Stallion and mare. Only the Stallion shire horse was done with a nose bag as it did not show up well when printed at this scale. I'll try to remember to print one at some point.

148-Horses.png

• Like 5
  • Agree 1