Scalefour North 2017

Flymo748

where one can have a decent pint at a reasonable price without being surrounded by noise or overactive young (and not so young) people...

We'll be keeping well away from there then.

PPS...tis indeed a nice lamp post...but someone needs to climb up and fix the light meter on the top

Sadly the brutalist concrete masterpiece has now been replaced by one of those boring up to date tubular specimens but there's still some classic lamp standards to be spotted near the grammar school.

Word has it, there's still a railway wagon works to be seen inside the grammar school. Could turn out to be an interesting weekend.

I flogged some of my old N gauge stuff this week so have money burning a hole in my pocket and it will probably end up being spent, tomorrow, with either High Level, Judith Edge, or RT Models.

An excellent show once again. Came away with most of what I wanted and some i didn't know i wanted until the show, and a few excellent bargains.

Plumpton was a worthy winner of best in show, lovely layout. The rest of the layouts on show were also good.

Now for a cuppa after having dropped Natalie home.

My favourite was Leeman Road - partially as I hadnt seen it before, partially the way it has achieved a similar concept to what I am currently modelling, & partially for the way the backscene worked to place it within its environs.

A brilliant weekend as always so thanks to the team. I've returned home suitably skint but enthused to crack on!

My favourite "show" of the year the one not to miss. This year good as ever. I love the atmosphere, more like a model railway club night with all the best most useful traders in attendance.

Everyone present is a real enthusiast and so happy to share their knowledge and tips.

Spent a small fortune on bits for kits as usual. Great to be able to buy all these at one venue.

Plumpton a worthy winner. Liked the lever frame. Personal favourite was Witton but as it's NER I'm probably biased there.

Archived