Show us your Pugbashes, Nellieboshes, Desmondifications, Jintysteins

Corbs

Why yes! We may as well include the Caley Pug as well as the L&Y class 21.

That does look a fine example.

26153204643_fea5c8ed73_k.jpg

Warning: Unknown: 1 result set(s) not freed. Use mysql_free_result to free result sets which were requested using mysql_query() in Unknown on line 0

Thanks for posting as an image, I cannot until I get to a computer

Here's a link to one I did many moons ago (many many moons actually) which still runs on my son Chris's (Deltic Chris) lay out

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/77483-crane-tank-on-a-Hornby-caley-pug-chassis/

Its a loose copy of one of the Stanton iron works crane tanks (One of which is preserved at the Midland railway center)

For some strange reason I have the hankering just as a bit of fun to take another Caley pug and back date it to look like a Neilson and Co. original with flat top Y shaped tank and more simple cab

Edited by Londontram
  • Like 1

Why yes! We may as well include the Caley Pug as well as the L&Y class 21.

That does look a fine example.

26153204643_fea5c8ed73_k.jpg

I love this one to bits, this is deffo going on my future build list

Edited by Londontram

• RMweb Gold

How about my backdating of a Hornby Caley Pug. Based very loosly on "Kelton Fell" as preservered by the Scotish Railway Preservation Society. I also made a tender to go with it as I wanted something different from all those "pcoket rockets".

I have added more detail since these photos were taken but I can't get to the model to take any more at the moment.

post-22762-0-91781200-1488361502_thumb.jpg

post-22762-0-81221700-1488361507_thumb.jpg

post-22762-0-97383400-1488361511_thumb.jpg

Gary

Edited by BlueLightning
  • Like 14

This is getting interesting, and I've already pinched some ideas! I've got a Nellie, a couple of Smokey Joes, and some Holden 101 bodies to bash into some interesting or weird things. Plus my old conversion of Smokey Joe to broad gauge, that needs more work.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Mr. Corbs, sir, on your esteemed new hyperthread, are On16.5 rebuilds allowed? and would Nellies and Desmonds be let through the door?

Yes why ever not, I was thinking of adding links to some 009 bashes as well.

I too wondered about Nellies and Desmonds, maybe I should extend the thread title?

• RMweb Premium

Ooh, ta, you won't regret it, guvnor, grovel, grovel.. here's a Nellie with a new superstructure, which is a sort of narrow gauge version of a Highland Railway "Dornoch" 060T, but its only an 040T really, as you can see. I'm afraid it's a bit "stop-go".

E3530590-FAB8-42CA-8E99-5DA0A426D035.jpeg.bd1037024b2575fe0802c6ed621e97bf.jpeg

Edited by Northroader
  • Like 13
  • Round of applause 1

Technically a Nellieboshed cab spliced with a Bachmann Junior, here's my Avonside 'Portbury', and Pug motion

D930EDA9-998D-4488-A3CE-850D5A12B5DC_zps

Are the Bachmann starter locos allowed on?  Because I bashed one of those not so long ago. 

DSCF2989_zpskr5nksgb.jpg

I've also got a Nellie and a couple of Pugs, Nellie is going to be sympthetically restored as I've a soft spot for her looks but I'm not decided yet on what to do with the saddle tanks. 

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Are the Bachmann starter locos allowed on?  

I think my aim with the theme of the thread was using cheap starter-set type locos to make interesting and unusual locos, so yes.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

This is a scratchbuild rather than a modified RTR loco, but it still comes under the 'wierd and wonderful' category, perhaps. This was scratchbuilt by Brian Clarke many years ago and is currently in my care. Officially named 'Dictu Prince', we always used to call it 'Dictu Titty'. It runs superbly, however, as you might expect of a Brian Clarke loco.

IMG_0554.jpg.7c1c3d3f45fee9b00e624207a9b8ead7.jpg

IMG_0555.jpg.46f8435bb235cb469b266fbd43c361ad.jpg

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Like 17
  • Round of applause 1