Show us your Pugbashes, Nellieboshes, Desmondifications, Jintysteins

Corbs

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Skinnylinny said:

Not one of mine, sadly, nor even a model (yet?) but a definite Jintystein on the front of a Christmas card in the window of the local British Heart Foundation shop. 

Oh come on, prototype fidelity please! Surely everyone knows that, Hornby and preservation aberrations notwithstanding, LMS Standard 3F 0-6-0Ts* were never red, always unlined black!

*Sorry, even in jest I can't bring myself to refer to them as jinties.

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

13 hours ago, Skinnylinny said:

Not one of mine, sadly, nor even a model (yet?) but a definite Jintystein on the front of a Christmas card in the window of the local British Heart Foundation shop...

Well there's something to look forward to. I have a SiL with a taste for kitsch, and most years she finds an abomination of this sort.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Curiously, the artist has decided on a 75F shed plate. Presumably, therefore, it's a Tunbridge Wells West loco. Any suggestions as to what this was used for between there and Three Bridges?

(It actually suggests that the front end is based on a photo taken when the Spa Valley had a 3F on loan)

• Agree 1

I'd forgotten about my minor contribution to this thread.20191106_210303.jpg.1fae00a3184289c1a9b634002b30eb00.jpg

The J72 has made its way to the Weald of Kent Railway's Tovil works ready to be shortened.

20191106_210353.jpg.af043c700fe059eda089fde71e72e5ab.jpg

I also found four of these in a box of random stuff and thought they could be used as short tenders for a future bash...

• Like 4

Surprise Gift!

Potential feedstock.

I have just had the Oxford N7 belpaire boilered version apart (description in the Oxford Rail section) and there within the section concealed by the diecast side tanks, is representation of the boiler and firebox, which is completely concealed on the assembled model. Restore it to the mechanism, and instantly there you have the makings of a very small 0-6-0 loco of no known prototype, halfway to a Swedeystein...

• Like 1

On 08/10/2019 at 01:18, RosiesBoss said:

Another example is Hunslet 1825 of 1938, preserved as PWD79 in the NSW Railway Museum, ThirlmerePWD79,_NSW_Railway_Museum,_29_Jan_2019_b.JPG.da7ab60d04fd521b33f34dcd58b66c8d.JPG.

That is a pretty awesome and marvellous tank engine. I'd see it working at a dockyard or taking a local passenger or freight train along a branch line.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
On ‎08‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 14:18, Sophia NSE said:

Well, that went surprisingly well!20191108_141305.jpg.9f1cb51922588cb65ab425caa197d799.jpg

Now just need to wait for it all to bond together nicely and a bit of filling in the obvious gaps. Patience is clearly very important in such undertakings 

Reminds me of the K&ESR Hawthorns.... http://colonelstephenssociety.co.uk/light railway modelling/light railway modelling-2.html

Andy G