Show us your Pugbashes, Nellieboshes, Desmondifications, Jintysteins

Corbs

On 24/07/2018 at 21:12, RedGemAlchemist said:

Here is my latest Pugbash. Though really it's a multi-starter-tank-bash...

post-33750-0-60683100-1532463080_thumb.jpg

Introducing KLR No.11 Richard, heavily inspired by Corbs and made from a Caley Pug, a Dowlais D, a Nellie, the cylinders from a Triang Princess, a kit for a GER six-wheel tender and a piece of plastic tubing.

Hey Red, is this the kind of thing you were meaning, from some of your handiwork?

12 hours ago, Sophia NSE said:

Having had a look through spares online, I quite like the look of the cylinder block and piston rods from an Adams Radial. Would this work with my little tank?

Hmm. Depends, as I have no idea if the rods will be too long. Stylistically it'll certainly look in place.

• Agree 1

On 10/01/2020 at 17:25, sem34090 said:

Not a pugbash in the sense of being bashed from a pug, but I think my O-16.5 SR No.2 fits in here. Chassis and cab are from a Fleischmann diesel, tanks and boiler Hornby J83, Smokebox door from a Bachmann E4, Scratchbuilt bunker, coal rails from a Hornby compound.

IMG-20200110-WA0004.jpeg.7d1f5c390fb48573ec9f135e88a6d8f9.jpeg

Looks like a shrunken version of an accucraft Dora

https://www.accucraft.uk.com/products/dora-live-steam-0-4-0t/

AC77-101-Dora-2.jpg

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1

53 minutes ago, papagolfjuliet said:

This may be of interest: a relatively simple modification to the cab of a Hornby Holden tank.

pug_bash_12.jpg

Hi PGJ

That is definitely a case of less is more, a huge difference to appearance.

Gibbo.

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Here's another, which is not my work but which would be dead easy to replicate: J83 body + Hornby 'Toy Story' 4-4-0 chassis + replacement pony truck + Plasticard stretcher = Drummond D50. Or, keep the original pony truck for a Drummond D51.

The number is wrong: 10392 was scrapped while still in NBR livery.

20200113_070732.jpg

• Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 6

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, phil_sutters said:

Did some one say Triang L1? Here's one I bashed 50+years ago! It may not look too much like a 2P but I was only about 20 with limited tools and finance.

Midland 2P 4-4-0  LSWR van & SDJR brake third.jpg

Back then it looked like a 2P. Triang-Hornby even produced one (black with red lining).

We were rather less demanding in those days.

• Agree 2

I haven't looked at this thread in a hot minute (so I'm a little late:unsure:), but if one wished to take a Bachy Thomas/not Thomas and make a 2-2-2 out of it why not go full out and make a 4-2-4?

(Not my photo and I don't know who to credit)

510a50110886a0031b97946c68fac25b.jpg

Edited by CinderMonkey
My atrocious grammar
  • Like 7
  • Funny 2

5 hours ago, CinderMonkey said:

I haven't looked at this thread in a hot minute (so I'm a little late:unsure:), but if one wished to take a Bachy Thomas/not Thomas and make a 2-2-2 out of it why not go full out and make a 4-2-4?

(Not my photo and I don't know who to credit)

510a50110886a0031b97946c68fac25b.jpg

Just to be pedantic, it is a 2-2-2, the front and rear sets are on a monorail! (for want of a better way to describe it)

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

Thanks for the link PaulRhB. Very interesting. The text describes this loco as a 1-1-2-1-1. However it also says

"the outside road wheels were 3' 9" in diameter, and there was also a rail wheel of the same diameter in the centre of the axle"

so does that make it a 1-1-3-1-1 ? ^_^

• Informative/Useful 1