Show us your Pugbashes, Nellieboshes, Desmondifications, Jintysteins

Corbs

23 minutes ago, RedGemAlchemist said:

Probably a bit like my KLR - take what you can get, mostly waifs and strays from all over the surrounding counties. 

That's pretty much my intention. Locos and stock going cheap from other railways/regions rebuilt or repurposed into what the railway needs. 

I do have 9.5'x18" worth of almost built foamboard baseboards to play with and the WKR does seem a lot more fun than late 80s/early 90s Network SouthEast at the moment. Just need to decide a timeframe for the WKR in that case...

• Friendly/supportive 2

5 hours ago, Sophia NSE said:

That's pretty much my intention. Locos and stock going cheap from other railways/regions rebuilt or repurposed into what the railway needs. 

I do have 9.5'x18" worth of almost built foamboard baseboards to play with and the WKR does seem a lot more fun than late 80s/early 90s Network SouthEast at the moment. Just need to decide a timeframe for the WKR in that case...

Well mine is modern freelance heritage, though that's more done so I can just run whatever locos I want at the time without my OCD screaming at me. 

• Like 2

I'm thinking of cheating and setting it early to mid 60s and with a quick change making it modern heritage in a Kent village that time mostly forgot. 

I can still do my Network SouthEast layout as I have a box some flowers were sent in by mail (I know, right?!?). It will just be a very rundown single track terminus that I can also use to test out my bodges.

IMG20200130175020.jpg.47b9ab1f560059b7b7cf684898a20282.jpg

Not too bad for a couple of hours work and yes, that is my nail in the pic too! :wacko::D

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sophia NSE said:

I'm thinking of cheating and setting it early to mid 60s and with a quick change making it modern heritage in a Kent village that time mostly forgot. 

I can still do my Network SouthEast layout as I have a box some flowers were sent in by mail (I know, right?!?). It will just be a very rundown single track terminus that I can also use to test out my bodges.

IMG20200130175020.jpg.47b9ab1f560059b7b7cf684898a20282.jpg

Not too bad for a couple of hours work and yes, that is my nail in the pic too! :wacko::D

Nice colour. 

And that's a solid setup for a start.

13 minutes ago, Sophia NSE said:

Expensive and unnecessary, but it makes me feel good.

And ultimately isn't making you feel good about yourself the point? Same with me wearing a hat all the time as I'm self-conscious about being bald. I know it's unnecessary but it makes me feel better about myself so that's the important thing. 

14 minutes ago, Sophia NSE said:

As does buying things to continue my dodgy bodging!

No dodgier than mine. I loved your little tank engine from earlier, and it really gave me a lot of ideas. I think I could genuinely learn quite a bit from you. :)

13 minutes ago, RedGemAlchemist said:

And ultimately isn't making you feel good about yourself the point? Same with me wearing a hat all the time as I'm self-conscious about being bald. I know it's unnecessary but it makes me feel better about myself so that's the important thing. 

No dodgier than mine. I loved your little tank engine from earlier, and it really gave me a lot of ideas. I think I could genuinely learn quite a bit from you. :)

I agree with you about making yourself feel good, but these nails don't half make doing fiddly stuff awkward! :D:D

Other way round I think. It's because of modellers like you, Corbs, Nile, etc. that have got me coming up with creations I never would have dreamed of!

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 minute ago, Sophia NSE said:

Other way round I think. It's because of modellers like you, Corbs, Nile, etc. that have got me coming up with creations I never would have dreamed of!

I never thought I'd have my name mentioned in the same breath as the people who inspired me. You, my good woman, have just made my evening. :blush:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sophia NSE said:

I have fangirl moments every time my inspirations like my posts :blush:

I know that feeling. I still can't believe sometimes that I'm having regular casual conversations with Corbs and Edwardian, wouldn't have dreamed of it just two years ago.

Edited by RedGemAlchemist
Forgot how long I've been an RMWeb member. Herp de derp
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 08/01/2020 at 22:22, AlfaZagato said:

Nah, Bachman.    Strapping Thomas to the front of Emily.

On 08/01/2020 at 22:36, Sophia NSE said:

Won't somebody think of the children? *Clutches pearls* :D:D

Don't worry, that episode had an 18 certificate

• Funny 5

Got myself some plasticard so I'm actually doing some modelling! The pony truck also arrived for my 0-4-4

IMG20200204183940.jpg.f14112da680aa15d49da26bf226fb62b.jpgIMG20200204183955.jpg.336b5e46926fbd9e294167ad76189a0f.jpgIMG20200204192037.jpg.f564e400d4c508251c4a83fe022b6b14.jpg

IMG20200204193920.jpg.096dde3df63c722b74a35a81e4956ece.jpg

The new bottom plate isn't fixed in place yet as I need to put a hole through it and glue a nut inside for fixing to the chassis. Any suggestions for nut and bolt size?

Edited by Sophia NSE
Added extra picture
  • Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
On 30/01/2020 at 01:14, Sophia NSE said:

It's the Weald of Kent Railway

The Weald of Kent is a fine place to set a model. And I suppose sleepy villages there still existed in the ‘60s, although the completion of Phase 2 of Kent Coast Electrification in1961 meant that their future was more London dormitory than before. But the Hawkhurst Branch and the Kent & East Sussex should inspire you.

I lived between Cranbrook & Goudhurst for 20 years. 

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

The Weald of Kent is a fine place to set a model. And I suppose sleepy villages there still existed in the ‘60s, although the completion of Phase 2 of Kent Coast Electrification in1961 meant that their future was more London dormitory than before. But the Hawkhurst Branch and the Kent & East Sussex should inspire you.

I lived between Cranbrook & Goudhurst for 20 years. 

Being a Kentish Maid it's pretty much my area, plus my dad worked at Maidstone West, Maidstone Barracks, and New Hythe stations.

The WKR itself works from the up bay at Maidstone West and was intended to link up to Lenham, but the WKR ran out of money so was partly financed by the Southern while retaining a semblance of independence, only going as far as Chart Sutton.

With it being set in the 60s, BR are just waiting for an excuse to close the line but there are noises from a local society looking to purchase the line to keep it alive...

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Sorry, didn't realise that Google Photos still has the idiotic block on it where you're not allowed to link it elsewhere in a BB Code Post.

aj9AQKa.jpg

Should be nice and fixed above, and quite the ScrapHeap Challenge... especially as a second Polly turned up this morning.

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

50 minutes ago, Din said:

Sorry, didn't realise that Google Photos still has the idiotic block on it where you're not allowed to link it elsewhere in a BB Code Post.

aj9AQKa.jpg

Should be nice and fixed above, and quite the ScrapHeap Challenge... especially as a second Polly turned up this morning.

it seems the bodyshells are trying to summon a chassis again

• Funny 10

29 minutes ago, Sophia NSE said:

I remembered that I have some M4 nuts and bolts for old Triang coach bogies and it's probably absolute overkill, but it seems to work. Toying with the idea of doing the same at the rear of the loco

"You are staying on this chassis whether you like it or not!"

• Funny 6