Show us your Pugbashes, Nellieboshes, Desmondifications, Jintysteins

Corbs

• RMweb Gold
On 01/06/2020 at 08:59, Adam FW said:

Another one of my 3D printed bodies on an electrotren chassis, this ones a few years old now and is of Bellerophon

image.png.c5768282b99b30b5480b04dffe7aab3c.png

IMG_0385.jpg.85406bb7b65e5b6a2674aa677304e81e.jpgIMG_0383.jpg.c70c3c8236fb50723cbb33819e48495c.jpg

It's DCC fitted and is mostly brush painted with LNER loco lining and narrow planet nameplates, there's some more images on the bottom of page 1 and top of page 2 in my workbench thread.

I'm currently working on designing some variants to print out as part of me fancies having a whole set of 6 Haydock well tanks so I have a request:

Does anyone have any images they can provide me or know of any books with images in which show Bellerophon's sister locomotives Hercules, Amazon, Makerfield, Golborne and Parr?

I have a couple images of Parr which has a completely different cab and safety valve to Bellerophon, one shot of it crossing the LNWR mainline in the middle of some wagons and one of it parked up, so it's the other I'm more interested in. I've already modelled Parrs cab and safety valve ready for printing (see below) along with Bellerophons various cab styles. But I've never seen images of the other sisters to spot any other other differences between them and would love to see photos of them if they exist.

image.png.8fb79d7f762de62401af1167bb94ae38.png

Particularly like the Bellerophon body, do you sell it anywhere?

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, john new said:

Particularly like the Bellerophon body, do you sell it anywhere?

Firstly thank-you, I was very proud of it when I made it a few years ago and I think it still holds up well to my more recent creations

Unfortunately I don't sell it at the moment, it was originally printed on shapeways (the cost would be crazy to do that today) and I haven't set the files up to print on my own printers yet and have other new stuff that I'm working on at the moment.

I still plan on making one (or more) of Bellerophon's sister locomotives so I'll get around to it eventually and it may go up for sale alongside my Avonside kit so keep an eye out but I wouldn't want to guarantee anything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not strictly a Pugbash, but the chassis here might be of interest to some here - a Dapol/Hornby Pug chassis, with a new motor and flywheel combo. Takes up less space than the original and is a little smoother, and I'm looking to find a slightly bigger flywheel to improve matters further.

The loco body is an Avonside design I've done, and just clips on to the chassis and secures with one screw at the front. 

I have other plans for re-motoring another Pug, which hopefully will actually be a Pugbash, so more on that anon

image.png.f7fb74af192d8420b847999875597ef7.png

• Like 18
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

1 hour ago, robert17649 said:

That's cool   did you print the motor mount if so are they available to buy as I have a chassis without motor.

I did print it, and could potentially make it available to buy. The main issue I have with it is the worm, as the smaller motor also has a smaller shaft, so I printed a custom worm for it. Not sure how long that will last, although the chassis gear is plastic so it shouldn't wear too quickly if kept well oiled.

PM me if interested.

On 20/09/2020 at 13:24, LNWR18901910 said:

Awesome and marvellous in its own right! Seeing as it still retains the BR lining, it would be perfect as an LNWR, Midland or freelance 0-4-2T along with four-wheel and six-wheel coaches to haul.

I think the 0-4-2T works out better than the 0-6-0T! It’s a very credible looking piece.. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Nyeti said:

I'm modelling in O9 and O-16.5 and this thread is a longtime inspiration to me.  Here're some photos of my current diesel project on a Hornby 0-4-0 chassis.

1dXf2N4_u0OvUbtex8BF7cdNspNY8NcRtLKfv82c

The donor parts: a Hornby 0-4-0 chassis, a Lima Plymouth body, a Smallbrook Troy JL cab, and some plasticard.

c9MqZa-tSJ9QI3yunZtVfmwyFhDhIvgHSICLmsNP

Not bad for a dry run.  Maybe cutting the back off the Plymouth body was a bad idea...?  At any rate I had to cut down the Smallbrook cab so as to allow enough room for the couplings.

4EhPeMaxAA8kBLHgGlkxfcqIlHg1gRPJ6rfDaZGJ

The really fiddly bit: building up the body so it clips onto the chassis and can be removed again for maintenance.  The plasticard under the front of the cab was concerningly thin and flimsy at first, but it got better once the cab and false frames got added.  Box section at the corners also helped to reinforce the whole affair and locate the chassis snugly.

wTnkLY-nWjhv9ipApD2ls-1PZd6T3afKc4N1sgF3

And here it is, detailed and ready for painting!  It's not a match for any particular prototype, but it could just about be a Plymouth variant for 2'6"ish, like a smaller variant of the LK&P No. 45 Oahu.

xrbDVD-X-g1B10THcxM_juxF3iVpwa5eDolzVgcy

And something on the fringes of relevance for this thread: a Smallbrook Odin resin kit with scratchbuilt motion brackets and covers to hide the lack of piston rods on its Smokey Joe chassis.

No photos showing for me only No Entry signs. Not my RMWeb settings as photos are displaying in other threads.

Updated 15:25 - now visible!

Edited by john new
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, john new said:

No photos showing for me only No Entry signs. Not my RMWeb settings as photos are displaying in other threads.

I'm seeing the photos just fine.  It may be just RMWeb having an off-day.  I've noticed the whole forum - or at least the threads I'm following - has been strangely quiet since the last updates.  Perhaps everyone's working (like I should be, ahem).

• Like 1

Curses!  I suspect that was Google Photos trying to limit bandwidth.

@john new, @alastairq, I've uploaded the images here instead so they should be visible.

2 hours ago, sir douglas said:

very good figure painting

Thank you!  All done with Citadel acrylics from their Age of Sigmar starter set, and I think the figure is Invertrain.

• Thanks 1