Show us your Pugbashes, Nellieboshes, Desmondifications, Jintysteins

Corbs

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, 33C said:

Another quick "Jintystein"or B12 bash, a J19 with dual identity. (I can only see one side at a time on my layout!)20201030_002532.jpg.6e52ae2c92e1bc265cd869d8e8f923da.jpg

20201030_002438.jpg

Really nice 33C; I have an alternative to do some time.  A Jaycraft(?) one-piece moulding for a J19, which is supposed to fit over a standard Hornby chassis with the B12 tender.  If it looks as good as this I'll be happy.

Rob

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 33C said:

Not really a Nellie bash, just an experiment to see how L.B.S.C. livery would look on the model after reading about Vivien Thomson's layout.20201030_000244.jpg.3225c1f0515e5f941a4ee6f7380250d6.jpg20201030_000259.jpg.8d6838692c55695b03295377eacec1ed.jpg

Hi all,

33c I just love that paint scheme. It seems to fit the engine so well. Just to let you know I have started on the Drummondesque X class 0-6-4 tank.

Edited by cypherman
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Northmoor said:

Really nice 33C; I have an alternative to do some time.  A Jaycraft(?) one-piece moulding for a J19, which is supposed to fit over a standard Hornby chassis with the B12 tender.  If it looks as good as this I'll be happy.

Rob

Funny that, it's because i couldn't find a Jaycraft body that i did this! Make sure you have the right type of 0-6-0 Triang chassis.(flat front, weighted, smoke unit or solid).

• Informative/Useful 1

Looks like I'm going to need to order a set of transfers! A quick touch up on the paintwork and a coat of gloss varnish to prepare for them. Just need to decide what size to order

IMG20201101162705.jpg.1cfc47ee7fa3883c73bb26e0a8d12d70.jpg

Replacement buffers are on the way from Peters Spares, with the usual disclaimer, after breaking one a few weeks ago.

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium
On 30/10/2020 at 09:12, Northmoor said:

I found the major components at the weekend.  If/when I get round to this one, it's going to require some surgery to get the body to sit lower; at the moment even with the weight removed from the front end, it rides about a foot too high (compared to some Airfix/Mainline vans I had sat around).  Interestingly though, the running plate is level with the tender, so that would need to be lowered too.

IMG_5563.JPG.0278acc02363d7ae5910b6005bb7316e.JPG

The price label is still on the J19 body - I paid £1.50 for it (possibly over 25 years ago)!  This fits no layout I have planned but always wanted to do this one after seeing an article in the RM back in the 80s, it seems such a relatively easy way to get a loco unavailable in RTR.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, phil_sutters said:

Nice Y9, but you have forgotten the spark arrestor!

North British Railway  Y9 040T Dundee Docks 1 8 1952.jpg

Not only that; the other thing that's noticeably different on the Hornby/LMS version is the smokebox door.  Apart from the length issue of course, but that's less easily fixed.

Hi Folks,

One tender drawing:

1684606696_CRWoodenTendera.jpg.59f852697b6af2e0d94fb5042df265c6.jpg

The stepped down section at the rear is an open topped tool box and the bulkhead to contain the coal joins to the floor and separates the tool box form the coal space,

Gibbo.

Edited by Gibbo675
Extra Information
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

3 hours ago, Northmoor said:

I found the major components at the weekend.  If/when I get round to this one, it's going to require some surgery to get the body to sit lower; at the moment even with the weight removed from the front end, it rides about a foot too high (compared to some Airfix/Mainline vans I had sat around).  Interestingly though, the running plate is level with the tender, so that would need to be lowered too.

IMG_5563.JPG.0278acc02363d7ae5910b6005bb7316e.JPG

The price label is still on the J19 body - I paid £1.50 for it (possibly over 25 years ago)!  This fits no layout I have planned but always wanted to do this one after seeing an article in the RM back in the 80s, it seems such a relatively easy way to get a loco unavailable in RTR.

I've been on the lookout for one of these bodies for months now with no luck. It does look nice, though with more & more 3d printed loco bodies, one wonders whether someone could produce a "better" more up to date version of the J19? I suspect there's still a gap in the market for something like it; I know the old TriAng B12 tenders are still easy to come across & even the newer Hornby B12/B17/D16 tenders aren't that much from what I've seen on eBay. I'd curtly buy one... 

• Like 1

Hi all,

My latest Jintystien is nearly finished. Just waiting for the transfers to arrive. Poor old Drummond. He would probably be spinning in his grave if he could see what I have done to his designs......:pleasantry::heat::heat:

DSC_0972.JPG

DSC_0975.JPG

DSC_0973.JPG

DSC_0974.JPG

Edited by cypherman
  • Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

1 hour ago, cypherman said:

Hi all,

My latest Jintystien is nearly finished. Just waiting for the transfers to arrive. Poor old Drummond. He would probably be spinning in his grave if he could see what I have done to his designs......:pleasantry::heat::heat:

DSC_0972.JPG

DSC_0975.JPG

DSC_0973.JPG

DSC_0974.JPG

I think you have just unintentionally made an LNER M1.
image.png.6d53deb19f1d36e454dce7f42002c2dc.png

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Hi Red,

It is supposed to be is a Drummond X class 0-6-4 built with a bit of licence.  But the likeness is uncanny. The question now is do I buy another H/D or Wrenn N2 and have a go at that one. My wife would probably have a fit as it would be the 6th N2 I would have bought in the past 4 weeks.......:D

X class 2.jpg

X class.jpg

Edited by cypherman
  • Like 2

To be honest I can't see much similarity, besides the wheel arrangement, between the M1 and the Drummond-inspired bash in the post before that. The M1 looks altogether smaller to me, although that is probably just the effect of a taller chimney (And the GCR's bigger loading gauge).

Edited by sem34090
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, sem34090 said:

To be honest I can't see much similarity, besides the wheel arrangement, between the M1 and the Drummond-inspired bash in the post before that. The M1 looks altogether smaller to me, although that is probably just the effect of a taller chimney (And the GCR's bigger loading gauge).

Not much difference in loading gauge height the highland could build up to 13’3 3/4”.

The Rivers and some Castles were built to this height 

The Drummond 0-6-4T was built to a lower height of 12’9”

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

For the LD&ECR Class D, credit where it's due, i.e. Kitsons rather than Gorton.

... although I subsequently read that R.A. Thom, the LD&ECR's locomotive inspector / superintendent, who presumably gave Kitsons the specification for the Class D 0-6-4T, was taken onto Robinson's staff at the amalgamation and contributed to the design of the Class 1B 2-6-4T (LNER Class L1 until Thompson elbowed them out of the way), the first British standard-gauge class of that wheel arrangement.

• Informative/Useful 3

2 hours ago, Sophia NSE said:

She's not the biggest, or the most powerful, and she has an odd coloured buffer which I think gives her character, but she's all my own work!

IMG20201103211904.jpg.a16c9446c73488a76ad76f064e1da5f5.jpg

IMG20201103211911.jpg.9c3208a9e68a33ef01abf18b01ae1ea0.jpg

What a cute and adorable tank engine! I was thinking of sharing my WMR tank engines here once I finished them.

Goodbye Singapore - hello Hood!

i had to rethink my ideas a little bit as my dark green paint “gummed up” and I had some RN Grey left over after an Airfix ‘Hood’ kit was built. The decals are also from an airfix kits, this time a Blackburn Buccaneer SC2. She does have crew and painted cab. I picked the name because my great grandfather served on Hood at some point in the 20-30s.

Quite proud of my piece work. Now where’s the dockyard layout?...

8CF4D443-652E-440A-953A-F5E7B30D40DA.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1