Corbs

Show us your Pugbashes, Nellieboshes, Desmondifications, Jintysteins

2 hours ago, BernardTPM said:

???  There's only one powered axle and it has three wheels on it (Yes, that is odd in itself). I am not aware that Mr. Whyte used  /  at all. Then again, he didn't devise his notation for monorail systems. Given it was used on the Continent, perhaps it should be a 2A2, just counting the axles.

Probably the only sane description of an insane machine....

John

The 1-1-2-1-1 description is wrong as the small wheels are unpowered. Whyte notation only counts front and rear wheels as one number regardless of being fixed or pivoted or combinations thereof, powered sets are noted between these, sub-grouped if coupled separately (as in, for example, Duplex locos). A 1-1-2-1-1 would be a Triplex loco!

The trials were at Buckhurst Hill on the outskirts of Epping Forest.

Shortly due to be married to a Pug chassis, however it’s not exactly a bash but more of a body swap.

40C58B42-74D7-4CB8-8A54-BB2382E766AB.jpeg

• Like 7

Reference tration shunter locomotives? There was a system developed which I believe used a IC tractor as a basis?  The thing was guided by rails, but driven by [rubber?] tyred road wheels. someone somewhere has made a working model of this.....

I know not where, how...or even, why....must strike a chord with someone on here?

3 hours ago, Vanguard 5374 said:

Shortly due to be married to a Pug chassis, however it’s not exactly a bash but more of a body swap.

40C58B42-74D7-4CB8-8A54-BB2382E766AB.jpeg

Which body is that? There was a 3D printed kit for a Peckett W6 on a pug chassis on Shapeways a while back, but it's now listed as "Not currently for sale"

10 minutes ago, RJS1977 said:

Which body is that? There was a 3D printed kit for a Peckett W6 on a pug chassis on Shapeways a while back, but it's now listed as "Not currently for sale"

It’s the same kit, but with a lot of tweaking and will no longer be sold through Shapeways. Right now it’s a test print to see how the model builds up.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

Just now, Vanguard 5374 said:

It’s the same kit, but with a lot of tweaking and will no longer be sold through Shapeways. Right now it’s a test print to see how the model builds up.

When you get the kit sorted, give me a shout, as we've had a W6 on the Chosley & Wallingford Railway in recent years, and it's a gap in my model fleet!

Blimey! Should've looked closer at the 2A2/1-1-2-1-1/2-2-2 whatever before I put it up here, I hadn't even realized that it didn't sit on 2 rails. What an interesting (albeit quirky) design...

Edited by CinderMonkey
My atrocious grammar

I apologize for my very poor Photoshop skills (I couldn't resist;))

Now back to our regularly scheduled madness

Untitled drawing (3).jpg

• Like 2
  • Funny 4

Now that gives me a thought - dig two small canals each side of the rails and have a paddle-steamer loco. Now that IS quirky! :good_mini:

Edited by BernardTPM
  • Like 3
  • Funny 6

I would oblidge with another poor photoshop but I feel we've  already drifted more than four drunk teens in an empty parking lot.

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 10:13, BernardTPM said:

Now that gives me a thought - dig two small canals each side of the rails and have a paddle-steamer loco. Now that IS quirky! :good_mini:

Something like this?

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

Spotted this on Wish and thought it was quite interesting...

Screenshot_2020-01-20-13-18-38-05_79c71e6db4dd5684ba9750f58e3efe28.png.7ebfff43cfc63df5f810ca2e5ea7ab5c.png

I think you'll like 1:87 G 3/3 (SLM)-1894 Tram Car /Train Model Car Model Toys Collection. Add it to your wishlist!

www.wish.com/share/6758jeewey

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sophia NSE said:

Spotted this on Wish and thought it was quite interesting...

Screenshot_2020-01-20-13-18-38-05_79c71e6db4dd5684ba9750f58e3efe28.png.7ebfff43cfc63df5f810ca2e5ea7ab5c.png

I think you'll like 1:87 G 3/3 (SLM)-1894 Tram Car /Train Model Car Model Toys Collection. Add it to your wishlist!

www.wish.com/share/6758jeewey

I thought it had possibilities for 009. I did try to buy one on eBay, but the seller started being dodgy, so I cancelled the order.

2 hours ago, Sophia NSE said:

Worth a try for £14? Who wants to take up the challenge? :winkclear:

Already done some years ago. My 009 version of the steam tram was mounted on a Kato chassis.

707280147_atlasa7.jpg.e159ecb81178fe88760d0222b7bcc468.jpg

Somewhere I have another one put to one side for a more radical rebuild. However it was the carriage that really interested me, my example was chopped into a four wheeler.

1680993557_trambash04.jpg.ef5c9c405c67c9c8af4a52c953c6e7e8.jpg

It's companion is also based on an Atlas Editions tram. There are (perhaps were, it's been some time since I looked) many of these for sale on e-bay, just put Atlas Tram into the search box and see what results.

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

I've been playing for some time with the idea of a Volk's Electric Railway-style line. I have some kits for the trams, but I could definitely see that coach working as a trailer... Hmmm...

Peckett W6 body now sat on the chassis, going to be a fair bit of cleaning yet due to the orientation of the print.

5D73365B-9C52-4648-A9FA-E993853A5217.jpeg

• Like 12

While having to wait for pay day for more supplies, I started work on the next loco for the WKR

IMG20200128152422.jpg.7498c1534db8c59a133038d781bf5633.jpg

Currently a J83 sitting on a 14xx chassis but will become an 0-4-4 once I get a pony truck and work out how to attach it.

IMG20200128152808.jpg.ebaf403aa85e0a81e425be825474821d.jpg

The chassis is a bit of a chonk so some grinding of the thiccc old body needed to be done. I might need to remove a little more as there is still a little bowing happening, but so far so good!

• Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

On 17/01/2020 at 18:57, Vanguard 5374 said:

Any chance of the Bass engine getting a similar treatment and scale upgrade?

Awesome inspiration in this thread to the point I've got some cheap stuff now on order and winging its way to my home...

2 hours ago, Din said:

Awesome inspiration in this thread to the point I've got some cheap stuff now on order and winging its way to my home...

They got you too? :D

• Funny 2

28 minutes ago, Sophia NSE said:

They got you too? :D

Yup. They got me. I'm getting back into Model Railways (After 12 years of armchair modelling and abortive projects) and as I'm going for a Preservationist "What Might've Been" I'll want a small fleet of industrials for the "early years".

90% certain I've got a Nellie Body and a Bachmann Junior Chassis floating around in the back room that will be cleared into the Hobby Room too, somewhere...

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 hours ago, Sophia NSE said:

While having to wait for pay day for more supplies, I started work on the next loco for the WKR

IMG20200128152422.jpg.7498c1534db8c59a133038d781bf5633.jpg

Currently a J83 sitting on a 14xx chassis but will become an 0-4-4 once I get a pony truck and work out how to attach it.

IMG20200128152808.jpg.ebaf403aa85e0a81e425be825474821d.jpg

The chassis is a bit of a chonk so some grinding of the thiccc old body needed to be done. I might need to remove a little more as there is still a little bowing happening, but so far so good!

You know, you could just shorten it. I think it looks pretty good as an 0-4-2T.

• Agree 1