Show us your Pugbashes, Nellieboshes, Desmondifications, Jintysteins

Corbs

• RMweb Premium

Guys, I hate to be a killjoy, but could we please get back to the Pugbashes this thread is supposed to be about?

There are plenty of other threads to discuss coaches/secondhand dealers/state of the hobby etc. etc.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Agree 7

Practically everything on my layout is secondhand or hand built.

the track is so knackered it gives a realistic industrial ‘roller coaster’ ride. Most of my new stuff comes from Birthdays and Christmas money.

second hand is also the way I buy as it’s cheap but only requires a little service before it’s a good runner

(damn, I’m late to the second hand topic, my mistake)

Edited by Quarry-Steam65
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Captain Pugbash said:

image.png.72ec4fc15df432f90559b412d86812f9.pngactually this doesnt look much better, any chassis suggestions?

Electrotren 0-6-0 and remove the pistons looks like it would work

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Joseph the L&YR lover said:

dowlais ironworks, they had a few 0-4-0's in that shape and i think one of the 0-6-0's shown above.

Aren’t they also the source for the basis of one of the Hornby 0-4-0 designs?

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Captain Pugbash said:

image.png.72ec4fc15df432f90559b412d86812f9.pngactually this doesnt look much better, any chassis suggestions?

It might help to put both of the pictures at the same scale first before trying to make them fit each other ;)

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Corbs said:

It might help to put both of the pictures at the same scale first before trying to make them fit each other ;)

I think the cab looks too small and needs more length to it. If the cab was lengthened a little and the smokebox or the boiler reduced a bit...

Chassis can be shortened... But what about a class 03 chassis with reduced con rods so the con rods only cover the wheels. Would it look more convincing? I suggested the 04 or an 04 as the wheels are closer together. 

One needs a short wheelbase 0-6-0... And if that was a terrier wheelbase, it needs to be shorter still. The body may not actually need extending that much at all.

• RMweb Gold

I think the Dowlais/Hornby loco would tower over the Terrier and would not need stretching to fit the Terrier chassis, I think I have one of those bodies somewhere I could plonk on the chassis...

'Pant' was an 0-4-0T rebuilt to an 0-6-0T hence the squat look compared to the other two.

l6bKsRvLATwVCfTMiwAkxi5kn3D-mNZ7qSCrQ3ny

Also this thread is helpful

Mike Edge is also building the 0-6-0T version in metal - one had a belpaire firebox and the other had a round top.

IMG_0927.JPG

Edited by Corbs
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

12 minutes ago, Corbs said:

A little choppy needed on the body or chassis but this is a rough plonk, no chop

78BF9E2F-3CA8-440B-BEFA-9045D5F6DE13.jpeg.efe3cf578d18ce43adb4c015417fb2f3.jpeg

I like that a lot, though I'd be tempted to give it one of Wainwright's pagoda cabs for extra Southernness

Edited by Sophia NSE
Spelling
  • Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Hi all,

Time for an update on the Smokey Joe bash. Unlike a few others, writing a few pages back, I have actually cut up my first loco I had as a kid. It was so battered and bruised I thought I would give it new life and continue enjoying it.

I will try and embed photos from Flickr so here is a test run:

49863490368_b2ba8776ef_k.jpgUntitled by Ben Newland, on Flickr

Ben

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BenNewland said:

. I am a total beginner, so it was a shart learning curve,

Ha ha, that was meant to mean sharp (or steep would have been better).

Where I come from a shart is somewhere between a sh1t and a fart. So sorry about that. Definitly sharp not shart!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 8