Jump to content

Show us your Pugbashes, Nellieboshes, Desmondifications, Jintysteins


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, cypherman said:

Sophia it is looking good. Can you show a picture of the chassis so we can see how you have attached the trailing pony truck wheel.

It's only a rolling chassis at the moment and I'm pretty sure I've secured it through the hole that the motor is screwed to

IMG20200909091149.jpg.23d878ade5d67b635788e8c480aeff55.jpg

IMG20200909091539.jpg.aae2c8dd6a82fd5921f032bd11e52f0b.jpg

IMG20200909091411.jpg.3a3cbcf3d9f48635ec88e95f9fe03531.jpg

Obviously I'll paint it black and add a coupling in due course

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a Dapol pug chassis lying around...

It'll just have to share the Peckett chassis with three other locos! My layout isn't big enough for more than one loco in steam anyway

 

Edit: I was joking, but I tried it and...

 

IMG_20200912_141515.jpg.010cea0fff1ffad667a835575e26e66c.jpg

 

Turns out the pug chassis is actually too long!

Edited by TurboSnail
  • Like 1
  • Funny 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

for once instead of thinking of "hmm that would be a nice bash" yours truly actually makes a thing, an 0-6-0 version of the 14xx (featuring a triang jinty chassis) the jinty chassis and autotank body need some filing, in the meantime i dropped the jinty body onto the 14xx chassis and voila presto, a very dainty little jintystein! just need some paint and transfers for her now (might cut out a bit of cab roof to make it look more victorian)

image.png

Edited by Captain Pugbash
  • Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Captain Pugbash said:

for once instead of thinking of "hmm that would be a nice bash" yours truly actually makes a thing, an 0-6-0 version of the 14xx (featuring a triang jinty chassis) the jinty chassis and autotank body need some filing, in the meantime i dropped the jinty body onto the 14xx chassis and voila presto, a very dainty little jintystein! just need some paint and transfers for her now (might cut out a bit of cab roof to make it look more victorian)

image.png

Hi Captain Pugbash,

 

That reminds me of one of these:

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LMS_Stanier_Class_2_0-4-4T

 

Gibbo.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Captain Pugbash,

 

That reminds me of one of these:

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LMS_Stanier_Class_2_0-4-4T

 

Gibbo.

 

I have a Stanier 0-4-4T converted from a Triang Jinty. Not my own work, I bought it secondhand from Hobbytime in West Wickham in the 1970s. Looks good but it never ran that well. 0-4-4T is always difficult but using the original chassis leaves the motor in a location where it is putting everything out of balance.

  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

I wonder how well the Triang Hornby M7 0-4-4 would work with a Jinty body. Something I might do in the future perhaps. A pity I did not think of this before as I butchered up an M7 body for bits when I was upgrading the SECR 0-6-0.

Edited by cypherman
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Captain Pugbash said:

for once instead of thinking of "hmm that would be a nice bash" yours truly actually makes a thing, an 0-6-0 version of the 14xx (featuring a triang jinty chassis) the jinty chassis and autotank body need some filing, in the meantime i dropped the jinty body onto the 14xx chassis and voila presto, a very dainty little jintystein! just need some paint and transfers for her now (might cut out a bit of cab roof to make it look more victorian)

image.png

Cute little suburban tank there, Captain. 

  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cypherman said:

Hi all,

I wonder how well the Triang Hornby M7 0-4-4 would work with a Jinty body. Something I might do in the future perhaps. A pity I did not think of this before as I butchered up an M7 body for bits when I was upgrading the SECR 0-6-0.

It might be possible, but the Triang Hornby M7 has massive driving wheels

M7 to R1 comparisonIMG20200920121658.jpg.07dce73d499177e25461424d2daa6a09.jpg

M7 to 14xx comparison

IMG20200920122043.jpg.4f34adf64478b19a40eea9f4501a579a.jpg

R1 to 14xx comparison

IMG20200920122348.jpg.2689ece54349f06734617c1002c0b368.jpg

 

IMG20200920123448.jpg.4503ee3a0a26eae4a664a2351d5220ca.jpg

The prototype M7 had 5'7" drivers, the same as the Stanier 0-4-4 and an inch bigger than my Q1 but the 14xx drivers seem to sit much better under the body. 

I'd be very interested to see if you can get the M7 chassis under the Jinty. Front splashers would have to be rebuilt, but I know you won't be afraid of that!

Edited by Sophia NSE
Extra picture
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

 

I have a Stanier 0-4-4T converted from a Triang Jinty. Not my own work, I bought it secondhand from Hobbytime in West Wickham in the 1970s. Looks good but it never ran that well. 0-4-4T is always difficult but using the original chassis leaves the motor in a location where it is putting everything out of balance.

 

Somebody did a Jinty to MSWJR 0-4-4T conversion, written up in Railway Modeller in the late 70s

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Captain Pugbash said:

for once instead of thinking of "hmm that would be a nice bash" yours truly actually makes a thing, an 0-6-0 version of the 14xx (featuring a triang jinty chassis) the jinty chassis and autotank body need some filing, in the meantime i dropped the jinty body onto the 14xx chassis and voila presto, a very dainty little jintystein! just need some paint and transfers for her now (might cut out a bit of cab roof to make it look more victorian)

image.png

Awesome and marvellous in its own right! Seeing as it still retains the BR lining, it would be perfect as an LNWR, Midland or freelance 0-4-2T along with four-wheel and six-wheel coaches to haul.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.