Show us your Pugbashes, Nellieboshes, Desmondifications, Jintysteins

Corbs

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Sophia NSE said:

I find that taking my glasses off helps my eyes to focus better

You are lucky! I would find it hard to get the paint brush to hit anywhere on a 4mm scale body without my glasses let alone paint a straight line. 

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I did not used to need to wear glasses but since the last few burnouts my eyesight deteriated. The last one hit so hard that it is only now I have been able to finish this model as my hands also were effected, as well as balance and co-ordination.  I hit the last burnout in late summer of 2019 when I last worked. (The last few burnouts I hit each time I took on a job). 

But anyway. I am on the mend but it took me about three months to do the handrails on that little red loco I have just finished, and it took me four or five days to do the coupling loops.  It is wierd. I knew "How" to do them. I knew what was needed and I had the tools and the parts. But somehow each time I tried my mind would go blank and I would have to do something else. 

Anyway. I am soo glad I have got this latest loco done as it is for someone on an autism site I am on who lives in America. (I don't normally make things for other people but when she saw my models she thought they were lovely and she wants the loco for her Dad and I have missed his birthday, even though I had plenty of time to build the loco. Hopefully now it will arrive for Christmas for them. I will wrap it tomorrow for them to give the paint a chance to harden. :) ). 

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

14 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

You are lucky! I would find it hard to get the paint brush to hit anywhere on a 4mm scale body without my glasses let alone paint a straight line. 

That's what started happening to me! :D Somehow they kept printing this smallprint smaller and smaller!

Edited by Mountain Goat

16 minutes ago, Sophia NSE said:

Being short sighted has its uses!

What would I be? Long or short sighted? I use glasses when I am reading or trying to focus on the smaller things. When I am stressed or tired, my eyesight is worse then when I am relaxed and not tired if that makes sense? 

My distance vision is fine.

Edited by Mountain Goat

1 minute ago, Mountain Goat said:

What would I be? Long or short sighted? I use glasses when I am reading or trying to focus on the smaller things. When I am stressed or tired, my eyesight is worse then when I am relaxed and not tired if that makes sense? 

That would make you long sighted I would guess

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, Mountain Goat said:

Thanks. I know I don't have to tell the driving licence people. I could not wear then if I drive! Haha. I would hardly be able to see a thing! 

prop them on the end of the nose, that way you can look down at your dash and read thinks, when you look up and over the top of them, still see the road. Don't ask how I know... ;)

On 29/11/2020 at 20:54, Sophia NSE said:

What kind of sick mind comes up with a thing like this??!!??IMG20201129203559.jpg.8b2c85ca0021e0429a6f90dbed93f2be.jpg

IMG20201129203616.jpg.182f69542333aaeb71d97040e50dbf6a.jpg

Hi all,

I wish my mind was that sick, It looks great, Perhaps a Bachmann USA  0-6-0 chassis would look nice. Or for a cheaper option a J72 tank. Is the cab from a Dapol Pug... ?

Edited by cypherman

25 minutes ago, cypherman said:

Hi all,

Sophia where is the cab from. I really like the look of the Holden with a full cab. I have a couple of Holden's packed away simply because I just do not like the look of them. So this may be their saving grace.

It's from the plastic Pug kit

15 hours ago, 33C said:

AH HA HA HA HA HA!! IT'S ALIVE!!

20201013_023418.jpg

My first thought on seeing the 'in progress' photo was "Why would anyone chop up two locos based on known prototypes to make something that isn't?" but actually it doesn't look bad, although i agree that a cut-down chimney and dome might improve the appearance and reduce the Holden heritage.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

On 03/12/2020 at 17:18, Sophia NSE said:

I decided to deHolden it even more 

IMG20201203171548.jpg.222aae60d282053ea1a1cceb9fb854db.jpg

Oh, and Christmas nails because I can!

IMG20201203161614.jpg.0cd9420021227eaf1feaceca8c5482da.jpg

I would be tempted to make the loco shorter just for fun! Ooh. You have enlarged the diameter of the boiler.

Edited by Mountain Goat

Back to some more sensible modelling, the Q1 has had some more work done 

IMG20201208221045.jpg.57f94f97ba95c912623961dd7ab38066.jpg

IMG20201208221111.jpg.a2bb2576631fff17a572c1e98f5e76fd.jpg

Push/pull gubbins has been stripped from an incomplete H class and attached. I'll touch up the paintwork tomorrow. That's also an ashpan from a carved up Airfix 14xx that was the original chassis. Hopefully it all looks good enough

• Like 14