Rails of Sheffield Exclusive Class 37 425 'Sir Robert McAlpine / Concrete Bob' BR Construction Sector Diesel Locomotive

Oliver Rails

We are pleased to announce a new limited edition exclusive to Rails of Sheffield.

Bachmann 32-384Y Class 37 425 'Sir Robert McAlpine / Concrete Bob' BR Construction Sector Diesel Locomotive £149.95

PRE-ORDER YOURS TODAY!

https://railsofsheffield.com/class-37-425-sir-robert-mcalpine-concrete-bob-br-construction-sector-diesel-locomotive-32-384y-Bachmann-JJJA33040.aspx

ConBob.JPG?preset=large

• Like 2

the 37s are coming thick and fast.   something is going on at Bachmann.  and a price difference from mary queen of scots at £117 vs £149.

£117 was the discounted price for 37 401  the full RRP is £137.95...........

I wonder if 37 425 is coming "weathered" or pristine or perhaps both like 37 025 did ? 

Edited by tractor_37260

the 37s are coming thick and fast.   something is going on at Bachmann.  and a price difference from mary queen of scots at £117 vs £149.

It's a limited edition so there's the price diffferential.

Would be useful for our man Marcus " peak dale wood " I'll wager.

I'm surprised neither royal Scotsman 37 has been done

• RMweb Premium

I thought it used to be any 2 locos in the WCRC fleet that would haul the Royal Scotsman. Were there specific ones with a different livery or branding?

I thought it used to be any 2 locos in the WCRC fleet that would haul the Royal Scotsman. Were there specific ones with a different livery or branding?

401, 416 and 428 (401 & 416 were a liitle tatty by the time of this photo).

428 also carried an earlier version of this livery which was lined.

I'd really like to see a Bachmann limited edition in these liveries (401 or 428 would be nice with nameplates, cast crests and cast EWS beastie logos).

Back to topic, I'm more than happy with 425 in construction sector too for the time being.

post-1117-0-75292800-1488711193_thumb.jpg

Edited by WILLIAM
  • Like 1

Can anyone shed any light on whether 425 carried TL construction whilst allocated north of the border. She is a machine with several periods of her life in Scotland but I can only find images of her in large logo, regional railways and EWS whilst allocated to Eastfield or Motherwell.  I suspect the answer is that she gained the livery when she left Eastfield in early 90s and by time came back she was already in Regional but can anyone confirm?

M

Can anyone shed any light on whether 425 carried TL construction whilst allocated north of the border. She is a machine with several periods of her life in Scotland but I can only find images of her in large logo, regional railways and EWS whilst allocated to Eastfield or Motherwell. I suspect the answer is that she gained the livery when she left Eastfield in early 90s and by time came back she was already in Regional but can anyone confirm?

M

YES class 37425 was trainload construction was few years by running until class 37425 get new livery of Regional Railway in 1994 / 1995

post-1297-0-73090500-1488717042_thumb.jpg

post-1297-0-62714300-1488717128_thumb.jpg

Edited by class37418stag

It's a limited edition so there's the price diffferential.

Would be useful for our man Marcus " peak dale wood " I'll wager.

Sods law that I chose 37425 as the example that I renumbered and changed the logo on the 37428 body shell. Think that maybe rapidly becoming 37414. :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 1

401, 416 and 428 (401 & 416 were a liitle tatty by the time of this photo).

428 also carried an earlier version of this livery which was lined.

I'd really like to see a Bachmann limited edition in these liveries (401 or 428 would be nice with nameplates, cast crests and cast EWS beastie logos).

Back to topic, I'm more than happy with 425 in construction sector too for the time being.

Yep that's what I meant , EWS not WCRC. Royal Scotsman claret not poo brown !

• RMweb Premium

I don't get why everyone has such a poor opinion of WCRC loco Livery. It's exactly the same as almost all other company liveries. Looks great when first applied but fades over time.

Edited by Hilux5972

• RMweb Gold

I don't get why everyone has such a poor opinion of WCRC loco Livery. It's exactly the same as almost all other company liveries. Looks great when first applied but fades over time.

I think liveries are very subjective. For every one person who likes a particular livery, another will not. I love rail blue, but find WCRC bland. I know that is not logical, but hey ho.

Roy

• RMweb Premium

I think liveries are very subjective. For every one person who likes a particular livery, another will not. I love rail blue, but find WCRC bland. I know that is not logical, but hey ho.

Roy

Yes that is very true Roy.

We are pleased to announce a new limited edition exclusive to Rails of Sheffield.

Bachmann 32-384Y Class 37 425 'Sir Robert McAlpine / Concrete Bob' BR Construction Sector Diesel Locomotive £149.95

PRE-ORDER YOURS TODAY!

https://railsofsheffield.com/class-37-425-sir-robert-mcalpine-concrete-bob-br-construction-sector-diesel-locomotive-32-384y-Bachmann-JJJA33040.aspx

Hello Oliver Rails

That photo of class 37425 stabled at longsight depot Manchester ?

ConBob.JPG?preset=large

True to say everyone likes something different, but for me it's not so much the overly dark unlined colour as the simple and utter lack of any imagination with it.

They should have got roundel design in to do so me thing

• RMweb Premium

True to say everyone likes something different, but for me it's not so much the overly dark unlined colour as the simple and utter lack of any imagination with it.

They should have got roundel design in to do so me thing

You mean like BR Blue? One solid colour with a bit of yellow on the end? Sounds familiar lol.

PRE-ORDER YOURS TODAY!

Hello Oliver Rails

That photo of class 37425 stabled at longsight depot Manchester ?

ConBob.JPG?preset=large

I'm not sure to be honest. I will see if I can find out for you

Never understood why BR didn't move the nameplates when locos were repainted RfD grey. They look really awful straddling the colour join.

Only some 3T Grey R/F locos had the nameplates straddling the grey colour join, others were fitted lower down on the bodyside Rail Grey area. ie  R/F Dist 37 401/406  Transrail 37 413 etc