Rails of Sheffield Exclusive Class 66 614 'Poppy' Freightliner Diesel Locomotive

Oliver Rails

Credit to ROS for commissioning the model, lets hope it sells well...

Is it not time for discussion on price / new tooling to move to a new thread and leave this one on the topic of the Rails limited edition?

Given that there are several limited edition 66s from several different organisations, it is a little unfair on Rails that this one seems to be the main focus of discussion.

Edit: even more so given other organisations are being mentioned.

Roy

Agree and credit to ROS for commissioning the model, lets hope it sells well...

Put my money where my mouth is and ordered one !

Edited by martin_l_jones

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Oliver,

Noticed today on the Rails web shop that you now have DCC Sound & Weathering options for both Poppy & Maritime One.

For the ESU V4 sound chip who's sound project are you going to use?

For the weathering will the customer have options to choose from or will it be one grade of weathering i.e. light, medium or heavy?

Lastly, would the customer be able to choose DCC Sound & Weathered?

Regards

Steve

Hi Oliver,

Noticed today on the Rails web shop that you now have DCC Sound & Weathering options for both Poppy & Maritime One.

For the ESU V4 sound chip who's sound project are you going to use?

For the weathering will the customer have options to choose from or will it be one grade of weathering i.e. light, medium or heavy?

Lastly, would the customer be able to choose DCC Sound & Weathered?

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your message.

Yes it will be the ESU V4.0 sound chip using the south west digital sounds.

When ordering weathering we can put special request for the grade of weathering yes but this would need to be made at the point of ordering and a special order will be sent. The standard weathering is usually medium.

If you were wanting sound and weathering, you would simply order the DCC sound version and then also add the custom weathering product:

https://railsofsheffield.com/custom-weathering-service-n-oo-gauge-locos-only--JJJA32284

Thanks

Oliver

• 4 months later...

Just a heads up, spoke to Rails and they are looking at end-Feb release to customers for this 66...my wallet gets a welcome reprieve until next pay day.

Agreed. From what felt like a long quiet spell for 00 modern image everything is now coming around the same time; Bachmann 47s, 66s & 70s, Hornby 87s, DJM Class 92 next installment, Heljan 26s, Oxford Rail Mk3a etc., phew!

Unfortunately, like most of us, I cannot afford everything at the same time so will have to be selective and hope other items don't sell out in the meantime. Great to have the choice though!

post-31247-0-26281800-1517827341_thumb.jpg

Our exclusive Bachmann Class 66 locomotives are on the way and will be with us soon!

If you haven't pre-ordered yet then now is the time for immediate despatch once they are in stock!

£169.95

View on our website here

Weathered and DCC sound versions also available:

https://railsofsheffield.com/exclusive

Edited by Oliver Rails
  • Like 2

attachicon.gifrails66.jpg

Our exclusive Bachmann Class 66 locomotives are on the way and will be with us soon!

If you haven't pre-ordered yet then now is the time for immediate despatch once they are in stock!

£169.95

View on our website here

Weathered and DCC sound versions also available:

https://railsofsheffield.com/exclusive

Just seen the tweet for this.

I'm surprised there is no mention of the Royal British Legion anywhere since I assumed the remembrance poppy is a trademark of theirs. For a similar example we have the Revolution Trains  'Poppy' Pendolino on the way and a donation from each sale of that particular model will go to the Royal British Legion.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

post-31247-0-76925400-1522826454_thumb.jpg

Good news both the Rails Limited exclusive Bachmann OO Class 66 Locomotives are due to dock on the 19/04/18. We expect delivery very shortly after this date.

Vast amounts already pre-sold.

Secure your model today by placing a pre-order. The order will then be automatically processed and despatched once delivered!

Class 66 727 'Maritime One' Maritime livery Locomotive:

Class 66 614 'Poppy' Freightliner livery Locomotive:

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Think I’m more impressed with the boxes! Models look great too. Ditto what classy52 said :-D

Ditto too, although I bet we have to wait at least a year or two for another run of sheds to get Dusty Bin and/or 66789.

Just to be clear - No certificates supplied with either of the Rails sheds (Poppy or Maritime). And the Poppy emblem (and nameplates) are supplied separately; not fitted.

Off to run them now :-)

Cheers

Rob

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi everyone,

Rails 66614 had been a loco I was interested in but due to so many factors had held off purchasing. I happened to browse their website a couple of nights back and was delighted to spot some bundle deals with both limited 66’s and Dapol wagons. For £250 I got a 66 and 4 packs of Dapol FEA Freightliner flats. They arrived very well packed today and I must say the 66 box sleeve is superbly designed. Well done to the team at Rails.

thanks

Mark

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1