Irish Freight Models - Coaching Stock

NoelG

Just finished lightly weathering our fleet of Irish Freight Models (IFM) coaching stock collected over past few years.  Assembled them into a rake for pic and video clip below.  I am thrilled to have a rake of early era CIE coaching stock, and really delighted with these unique and good looking RTR coaches.  Well done Tom.  Will try and get a better picture in daylight in the next few days.

IFM: http://www.irishfreightmodels.com

DSC_8942.jpg

Enjoy the short video clip.  Also has some of my recent attempts at weathering goods wagons.

[video=youtube;IbwRVKFVWa0]

Locos are running 'wheeltappers' DCC sound projects running on LokSound decoders supplied by DC-Kits.

• Bulleid Heating Van (2 axle)
  • Park Royals x 2
  • CIE Laminate
  • Park Royal x 1
  • TPO (Travelling post office 2 axle)

Nice video and good coach and freight stock. The station has a feel of Drogheda with the curve and middle road. Nice modelling

Thanks Hunslet.  Its an imaginary station originally designed for LMS stock 20 years ago, but since Irish RTR model stock and kits have improved so much in the past 10 years, I have changed to the Irish scene and my nostalgia memory of the 60s and early 70s black'n'tan era, and even flying snail + olive green. The idea was the centre up/down line roads could be used for non-stop passenger traffic running through, or for goods trains to wait while being overtaken by faster passenger trains.  I like curved stations, few in real life were dead straight, and on a layout it allows space saving and space compression.

There is something about that era Noel that has a certain magic to it, perhaps it's nostalgia kicking in.

Hi Kieran

Yes late 50s to early 70s was a great time for Irish railways and especially goods traffic. Another video of a B&T pax train in my favourite era.

I was asked by a few of the IRM principles to post some close up photos of these models over on IRM so folk can make their own mind up. Personally I think they are not bad at all for low volume resin RTR models, but obviously not on the same page as the high volume fine scale RTR injection moulded Murphy Cravens. But I am a happy camper and enjoy running them on the layout.

TPO 2 axle
IMG_1321.jpg

TPO 2 axle
DSC_8962.jpg

Bulleid heating van 2 axle
IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

Park Royal
IMG_1325.jpg

Park Royal
IMG_1326.jpg

Park Royal
DSC_8960.jpg

Laminate
IMG_1328.jpg

Laminate
IMG_1330.jpg

Laminate
DSC_8961.jpg

The lot together makes up a nice mixed rake of Irish coach types typical of the 60s and early 70s.  Mix and match with MM Cravens and SF GSVs and you can run plenty of variety of black'n'tan era passenger trains. Not bad at all for resin mouldings. 
DSC_8948.jpg

PS: Btw I know the Park Royals above had two white stripes instead of one typical of the period, I just prefer the look of the 'tippex' Park Royals on our layout.

Archived