Legomanbiffo earth movers fitting questions

RD400

Hello everyone,

I am so sorry it has been a long time since I have ventured onto these pages or indeed anywhere else. Personal health and other circumstances that I shall not dwell on here lead to my attentions needed elsewhere.

A deep debt of gratitude however must be paid to Bif for supporting me through this period of time.

My time away from things has not been completely wasted however......

My EM2 sound fitting has evolved and after a lot of experimentation with multi speaker installations I can reveal some interesting combinations. I  would at some point like to share the results at a few exhibitions in the future, though I will not be doing sound fitting commercially due to my increased commitments with my "real" job working for LNER.

Anyway enough of the serious stuff and now for something completely different :0

I now have as follows;

A Bachmann Deltic fitted with two EM2's and a Bass Reflex in the tanks with porting.

A Bachmann Class 37 with two EM2's and a Bass Reflex.

2x Bachmann 25's both with two EM2's. (running as a pair!)

A Heljan Class 33 with one EM2, one Slab speaker and an Alan Butcher in the tanks.

The results from these locos surprise me every time I go into my shed!

I intend to give my Dapol 68 the full beans treatment next. This loco has an EM2 speaker fitted, however compared to the loco's above now sounds somewhat muted....

The loco's have been run and run, working perfectly with no failing of the chips....

I am now hearing sounds in Bif's files I haven't heard before and the bass is unbelievable. Unfortunately due to Covid restrictions Bif hasn't had chance to hear them, however the Class 25 with two EM2's is the first project he has been able to hear clearly down a phone!!!

Once Bif and Charlie have heard them I do wish to share the results at a few exhibitions if and when they restart and if Bif and Charlie will have me. By then I should have a fleet of loco's enhanced to beyond standard EM2.

Take care,

Cheers,

Steve.

Edited by Steve Brammer
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/01/2021 at 10:50, blueeighties said:

Hi Steve. That all sounds very interesting. Have you tried any speaker options in 0 gauge?

Hello Lee,

It's been a long time since I have touched anything in O gauge, however please be aware that be aware that there is a bigger brother to EM2.....The EM3 !!! This gem has all the same characteristics of the EM2, just more. Combining this speaker with a large Bass Reflex type speaker really works in O gauge.

Cheers,

Steve.

21 hours ago, Steve Brammer said:

Hello Lee,

It's been a long time since I have touched anything in O gauge, however please be aware that be aware that there is a bigger brother to EM2.....The EM3 !!! This gem has all the same characteristics of the EM2, just more. Combining this speaker with a large Bass Reflex type speaker really works in O gauge.

Cheers,

Steve.

Hi Steve. Yes, the EM3 is my standard install in the bigger locos :D Always curious to see what others do, and looking for improvements.

• Like 1