Metal to metal glue

My other half wanted to use metal spoons for a craft project she was doing. She asked me to solder them but it would not work so I was wondering if they could be glued together and which glue to use. I think they are stainless steel.

Thanks.

Steve.

Hi Steve,

If I was going to use a glue a two part epoxy like Araldite. The is a down side to using glues, the glued area needs to be covered with paint are if its exposed to UV light and air it degrades and eventually disintegrates.

Soldering Stainless Steel is difficult and it not the strongest of bonds. You can welding it but you will need to use a MIG welding set with a gas purge. If I wanted to join two pieces of stainless I would go for brazing but you will need an oxy-acetylene set.

​Hope this is of help.

Marc

• RMweb Gold

Hot glue is normally good for craft work the guns & glue sticks are not expensive. you should pick one up in B&Q then you have use of it once the Other Half has finished with it.  :nomention:

I think we need a little more information on what you are trying to achieve.  Can you show a picture of the parts and how they go together?  Does it need to be hand/dishwasherable? What temperatures will it be used at?  Will the join area be in contact with food? (most glues aren't food-safe)

Thanks for the replies guys. I've already got a glue gun so I'll give that a go.

Rabs,

it's going to be a small sculpture for the garden so it just needs to withstand being outside.

Steve.

Archived