DEMU SHOWCASE 2017 June 3rd/4th Burton on Trent Town Hall

newbryford

• RMweb Premium

Great exhibition some layouts I'd not seen before, but hopefully will see them again over the next few years at Stafford

Well done chaps 1st Class day out

Even spotted Tarby operating his layout ...

Terry

Great selection of layouts again this year. As expected a great show today. Back for more tomorrow.

The heat in one of the rooms was causing some problems unfortunately for one or more layouts, I couldn't cope being in there for more than a few minutes!

• RMweb Premium

Great exhibition some layouts I'd not seen before, but hopefully will see them again over the next few years at Stafford

Well done chaps 1st Class day out

Even spotted Tarby operating his layout ...

Terry

I'm hoping to see some of the layouts at Showcase next year................

​including mine.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

It was a fantastic show, and credit to all the organisers. The info booklet/show guide was well produced and informative.

After leaving Burton at 4.50pm I got to Cardiff at 7.30 to be held at signals for 20 minutes, then when i arrived was told all trains to the Valleys had been cancelled and to go to Cardiff Queen Street. Got there, and waited 20 minutes for the next train only to see it sail straight through the station, later to announced that the incident was 'to be investigated'. I think the driver forgot to stop! Got home eventually and thankfully before an estimated 200,000 people int he City for the European Champions League Final started making their way home. If Carlsberg could organise train services they'd take the franchise from Arriva Trains Wales.

This was my first visit to the Showcase and I'll certainly be back next year. What a great show and a great Society,.

Another great showcase.  I have been attending since 2007 and am still impressed every year.  All the layouts were great but I really liked Shelvington which looked even better in the flesh than in print.

Not sure if it was me but were there more visitors this year?  Seemed to be less space to move and also to see layouts and traders?  

If so might want to try a bigger venue if possible in future.

Dover Room was very hot - would be good if someone could sort that out for those attending the show tomorrow.

Nevertheless well done to all at DEMU who helped to organize the show.

Well it's been another impressive Showcase, I was a bit disappointed that one or two layouts I was looking forward to seeing had to be cancelled or pulled out by owners but that being said it was still a great day and nice to catch up with fellow DEMU members and meet some new ones.

One highlight for me was the 30 years of Railfreight display, the selection of stock on show reminded me just how many wagon projects I have in various stages of construction and it has inspired me to really sit down and get things done and not spend so much time on forums.

Another enjoyable part of the show was meeting micro layout builder Dave Tailby - having taken on one of his layouts it was nice to meet the man responsible for the layout that kick started me into EM gauge. His layout at the show Victoria was nice to watch and we had a good chat.

I think good layouts and people is what really 'makes' a show worthwhile and I'll look forward to next year.

Thanks to the organising team and everyone else involved.

Cheers

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Looks like DEMU Showcase was a great event this year.

Shame I was unable to attend, but life etc....

Anyway - to all you photographers who went.

If you have photos and are happy to share them as part of the DEMU Showcase - a retrospective look.

Please send them to Kelly - the UPDate Editor using editor@demu.org.uk as the mailing address.

In your email please make a statement saying that you are happy for DEMU to use your photos in this way.

Looking forward to seeing some results - You bet!

Thanks

• Like 2

Guest Digital

As usual a superb well organized exhibition.

Many thanks to all involved for all the hard work and effort that go's into putting on such a great exhibition.

Thanks to Nick G for another great weekend operating the truly superb sidings layout.

Also a big thank you to those who stopped by to chat.

Regards

John

• Like 1

I was a bit disappointed that one or two layouts I was looking forward to seeing had to be cancelled or pulled out by owners but that being said it was still a great day and nice to catch up with fellow DEMU members and meet some new ones.

It was widely publicised by the organisers well before the event that these layouts would not be appearing. It should not therefore have been a disappointment on the day. The room they were allocated to was withdrawn by the council  at very short notice in order to facilitate the organisation of postal voting for the upcoming election.

• Like 1

Pete,

Yes I'm fully aware it well publicised. I wasn't disappointed with my visit to Showcase I thoroughly enjoyed myself and I apologise if you read my post that way.

Here's to next time!

An excellent weekend spent exhibiting in what resembled the Great Hall at Hogwarts Castle.

The organisers kept us in check by booking security personnel for the hotel, a certain former MP known as "two Jags" parking his large red 'battle bus' in the hotel car park.

Entertainment was also booked for the exhibitors staying overnight, in the form of one Jimmy Osmond.

Oh ! and the show.....................excellent, first class exhibits, a good selection of traders and plenty of old and new acquaintances with whom to chew the modelling (prototype) fat.

Can we come next year ?

Brian R & 'naturol'

Vopak Terminal

Edited by br2975
  • Like 4

But was it really him? It certainly looked like him.

He opened in Bristol last night (Monday 5th.) for a week long run of "Moon River and me".

I don't know where he was appearing before that.

The wife is still too distraught to check !

• RMweb Gold

He opened in Bristol last night (Monday 5th.) for a week long run of "Moon River and me".

You now have the prfect excuse to attend any exhibition you like, Jimmy Osmond might be stopping at your hotel.

Sorted!

Mike.

Probably Liverpool, wasn't he once a long haired lover from there. 

Sorry but someone had to say it.

Okay,

To bring this thread back on topic and for those who didn't go to Showcase, here's a few quickly grabbed photos. I didn't manage to get to all the layouts because there was a lot of visitors and I spent a LOT of time talking.

Werrington Road

post-6773-0-06922300-1496781697.jpg

Troutons

post-6773-0-26436400-1496781725.jpg

The Sidings

post-6773-0-96725000-1496781750.jpg

Another view of The Sidings

post-6773-0-60660100-1496781763.jpg

Railfreight display celebrating 30 years since Sectorisation

post-6773-0-60557100-1496781780.jpg

Sheepcroft

post-6773-0-36922400-1496781792.jpg

Second view of Sheepcroft

post-6773-0-69459800-1496781801.jpg

That's all from me. I had a cracking day and I look forward to next year!

Cheers

Wayne

Edited by Wayne 37901
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

The MODEL RAILWAY EXHIBITION banner and more importantly the mains extension leads have all been collected from the Stafford Railway Circle clubrooms this evening.

Looking forward to Saturday

Eltel

All leads and banner returned back into our clubrooms tonight

Thanks

I have to say that I have seen Dave with one of his layouts - carried it into the venue before the start of the day, then back to his car at the end. He does have a large visiting Operational Team - some appear to be uncertain until Dave reminds them of this fact. One of our Members purchased one of his fine designs, then promptly added another board.