Little Muddle

KNP

Like others, I've just "found" this thread and read it from the start.... Wonderful modelling.

If you prefer to just cut and paste your Word document on tree production, you could do so in a blog on this site.

I know that a proportion of RMweb's population are not keen on blogs, but as a tutorial it seems to me to be an ideal way. ( Egg sucking mode..)with the pasted document, Just click to make a new paragraph where you need to add a picture.  (Egg sucking mode off!)

Please, just remember to add a link to the blog in this thread, discussions and advice could continue here. 

You may have seen the it " how-to-do-it"  blogs by "Snitzl" and "Mikkel" as examples.

Don  

More excellent photo's Kevin you really must enjoy your modelling to produce a quality layout like yours.

Thanks, I sometimes feel that the model railway is just an excuse for me to build scenery and buildings, I can go weeks without running a train and when I do it's to check it still works!!!!!

• Like 2

Like others, I've just "found" this thread and read it from the start.... Wonderful modelling.

If you prefer to just cut and paste your Word document on tree production, you could do so in a blog on this site.

I know that a proportion of RMweb's population are not keen on blogs, but as a tutorial it seems to me to be an ideal way. ( Egg sucking mode..)with the pasted document, Just click to make a new paragraph where you need to add a picture.  (Egg sucking mode off!)

Please, just remember to add a link to the blog in this thread, discussions and advice could continue here. 

You may have seen the it " how-to-do-it"  blogs by "Snitzl" and "Mikkel" as examples.

Don  

Thank you and I'll will give it a whirl.

I've written 10 'how to' articles for Justin on Railway Modellers to date with another one in preparation so I'll see what I can dig out.

Edited by KNP

I was introduced to this Kevin, by your comments on AndyP's thread.

Only one word for it, two I suppose-a masterpiece.

Makes me wonder what I've been doing all this time!

Makes me too appreciate the more  your "likes".

Kindest regards,

Your comments are appreciated and what you have been doing all this time is building your excellent layout Hintock.

I can't say why I looked at this topic but I am glad I did. I usually avoid the GWR BLT topics as they are so often models of models - and follow much the same pattern with very little to distinguish them from hundreds of others.

Not so this layout which I have to say is beautifully done with lots of excellent modelling. I particularly like the way you have included the junction with the double track main.

The buildings are excellent and the way they sit in the landscape (as indeed does the railway) is very convincing. All we need now to complete the picture is the promised track-plan....

Chaz

Edited by chaz
  • Like 2

Just out of interest does the double track section carry on or is terminated at the wall? I take it the station section hides the fiddleyard entrance? This has given me ideas for another small portable layout :)

Its a main line to nowhere, just for decorative purposes only and to give the branch line from Little Muddle somewhere to terminate.

The overall plan is to leave the RH side finishing at the backscene (unless I want to knock through the cavity wall and build over the shed of course!!! the management might have something to say on that one though) but to the LH side (Encombe Station) a 3 or 4 line traverser is envisaged - when I've no idea......one day?

Thanks for the comments

• Like 1

I can't say why I looked at this topic but I am glad I did. I usually avoid the GWR BLT topics as they are so often models of models - and follow much the same pattern with very little to distinguish them from hundreds of others.

Not so this layout which I have to say is beautifully done with lots of excellent modelling. I particularly like the way you have included the junction with the double track main.

The buildings are excellent and the way they sit in the landscape (as indeed does the railway) is very convincing. All we need now to complete the picture is the promised track-plan....

Chaz

Many thanks, as I have said to an earlier member I did actually, no word of a lie, design the scenery first with the woods, rolling hills, valley and stream all planned out and then said, right then now put a railway line through it.

I must confess it has worked rather well and by some of the lovely comments I'm getting implies I hit the nail (or spike!!!) on the head so to speak.

Regarding the plans still no luck in finding them, so it looks I'll have to get my level and staff out and carry out an 'as built' survey......

• Like 4

The trees are top notch - that big one in the "V" between the main line and the branch curving away is quite stunning. I have made upwards of forty trees for my On30 layout so I can fully appreciate the quality of yours.

Chaz

That sand bunker is a nice little touch I bet a few of them will be sprouting on various layouts.

It's based on an actual one I saw in an old B&W photo, can't recall where I saw now as I built it a couple of years ago.

Edited by KNP

That is a lovely layout and the photo's are great.

Been watching RMWeb for some time now and getting loads of inspiration from quite a few layouts.

Have joined now (obviously!!) and need to make a decision on a trackplan etc etc.

Spent too long faffing about. Building, wagons, buildings etc with nowhere to run them.

These sort of postings give "inspiration" and are a pleasure to look at.

So pleased you were cajolled into posting the photo's.

Now then, what shall I put on my baseboard ???

Nice one will continue to watch with interest.

Really enjoying the photos of your layout, Kevin.

Re the shadows in the last one. It is often said that we should all strive for uniform lighting on our layouts.

Personally I think people are missing a trick if they do this and photographing it with natural light, imho, achieves a much more realistic result.

Looking forward to seeing more of your photos and many congratulations on achieving this standard of modelling.   

Kevin,

Have you thought about making trees and selling them ?

Stu

To be honest no I haven't as I feel I'd need to work on them as a production line. I tend to work on one thing say the steam drifter, get fed up, move onto to something else and then come back to whatever I put down a week or two later.

My worry would be I'd let people down plus the cost of getting the armatures from the states has gone up and up.

I luckily had a good friend going to Florida about 15mths ago so she able to pick up some for me and bring them back in her luggage which made them cost effective.

This the site I got mine from is http://modeltreestore.com/ and as you can see even a 5" to 7" medium version is currently $15 for 5 plus postage, I picked mine up for around 20 for $10 so quite a difference in that relatively short space of time.

That is a lovely layout and the photo's are great.

Been watching RMWeb for some time now and getting loads of inspiration from quite a few layouts.

Have joined now (obviously!!) and need to make a decision on a trackplan etc etc.

Spent too long faffing about. Building, wagons, buildings etc with nowhere to run them.

These sort of postings give "inspiration" and are a pleasure to look at.

So pleased you were cajolled into posting the photo's.

Now then, what shall I put on my baseboard ???

Nice one will continue to watch with interest.

Thanks for the comments and hopefully inspires you to crack on with your layout.

With regard to what to put on your baseboard how about a model railway!!!

• Like 1