Little Muddle

KNP

I am hoping that the new builds will be constructed substantially better than the tumbledown cottage. It seems to have been built with whitewashed timbers forming the roof rafters and trusses.

Can I presume that the steam roller is an ancient Roman one? It appears to have a seam on the rear rollers and I believe that this was for the purpose of forming chariot wheel ruts.

The RSPCA are concerned that unpainted dogs may be leaching chemicals into the atmosphere or is this just radon coming to the surface?

Noted and the new build will be built to quality that enhances the surrounding area or what I have kicking around...

What don't you recognise a superstar when you see one, its Rolly from Bob the Builder, do you want his autograph?

OK 'll get a coat on him to cover up, he was ill you know but now he's been re firred.......

Chairman,

My concerns are

1 The need for 10 new dwellings in Little Muddle has not been demonstrated.

2 Highways Department are concerned that safe vehicular access has not been provided

3. No off-street parking is available

4. The development detracts from rather than enhances it's surroundings

5. The high roof profile will deprive the ladies lavatories in the station building of light

However I am pleased to see small business units. These will be able to employ agricultural workers displaced by the introduction of powerful tractors powered by internal combustion engines.

It is 1936 so the only off street required needed is for the horse and that can chew on the grass.

The rest are noted and will dealt as part of the planning conditions......

• Like 1

You didn't mention the Peoples Independent Republic of Horrocksford and the Haverfordwest Community Paradise, both of which stand firmly, shoulder-to-shoulder, with all those resisting the ever-advancing encroachment that seeks to subjugate our green and pleasant land and turn it into a totalitarian enclave for elitist rivet counters.

All comments noted and past onto the Parish Council for them to discuss with the Muddlites

Some fantastic scenic modelling and weathering here! The colours are really well chosen to give a natural effect of distance. I particularly like the wooden station building and the track ballasting.

Many thanks for your comments and some when I will get on actually building something, somewhere on the layout!

I think it's time to finish the field by Encombe Station with potato plants.....

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It is 1936 so the only off street required needed is for the horse and that can chew on the grass.

The rest are noted and will dealt as part of the planning conditions......

Actually it is for the occupants of the yet-to-be-built cottages to object to the arrival of the Railway, reading back to your background notes. Nothing to fear from planners in the 19th century!

If they could have seen how wonderfully the railway would blend into this area of outstanding natural beauty they would have had no fears!

• Like 1

Kevin

When you started this thread not three weeks ago did you have any inkling that it could develop in this direction?

P.S. I think it's great!

Not in the slightest.

I was nudged and pushed by a couple of members into doing something as a stand alone forum on Little Muddle because prior to that I had been sending odd replies to other forums on this site on an ad hoc basis.

So I thought OK give it a go, let's see what happens and off we went.....

But when I put that billboard up about land redevelopment and how I was planning to do it sort of caught everyone's imagine and the replies have been fantastic, so thank you all for that.......the only thing now is I've got to build it otherwise I have sense of foreboding if I don't.

One problem is that I've ended up on this website more than I have been on the layout, or so it feels at present, so the layout has progressed slowly but I have only myself to blame for that.

Saying that I have just been working on layout getting the field ready to plant the potatoes tomorrow when the glue dries to the planting rows.

Thanks

• Like 3

Now if the Barn were to be like Pop Larkins I would be moving there like a shot ......just the thought of having Catherine Zeta - Jones as a neighbour would be worth the move .....

attachicon.giflarkins barn (304x353).jpg

Darling Buds of May, wow that's going back a few years.

Barn looks nice but I do think a Kent barn would look a bit odd on my West Country layout?

I suspect I would have another group of objectors coming out the woodwork to complain........I'd keep the Little Muddle Gazette in print!

• Like 1

Quote ....

"Barn looks nice but I do think a Kent barn would look a bit odd on my West Country layout"

Sheer heresy ! I can see pastys being thrown, smocks burnt and copious amounts of cider being consumed throughout the county !!!

Just a stones throw from where I'm sitting ( almost in tears ! ) this can be found....

post-20303-0-82531200-1490906640.jpeg

A proper job barn !

Dev Onian

• Like 4

Now if the Barn were to be like Pop Larkins I would be moving there like a shot ......just the thought of having Catherine Zeta - Jones as a neighbour would be worth the move .....

attachicon.giflarkins barn (304x353).jpg

Thanks for posting that picture, as I'm thinking of basing a model I'm planning on it. And it's an oast house, not a barn!

• Like 1

Quote ....

"Barn looks nice but I do think a Kent barn would look a bit odd on my West Country layout"

Sheer heresy ! I can see pastys being thrown, smocks burnt and copious amounts of cider being consumed throughout the county !!!

Just a stones throw from where I'm sitting ( almost in tears ! ) this can be found....

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

A proper job barn !

Dev Onian

How idyllic is that photo?

If they can grow tea in Cornwall I am sure you can have a Kentish barn, an oasthouse and a vineyard.

I apologise for distracting you from the modelling. Will the houses be built by Italian POW's who stayed in Devon after WW11 ended?

• RMweb Premium

Quote ....

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

A proper job barn !

Dev Onian

That your new railway room Grahame?

• RMweb Gold

If they can grow tea in Cornwall I am sure you can have a Kentish barn, an oasthouse and a vineyard.

I apologise for distracting you from the modelling. Will the houses be built by Italian POW's who stayed in Devon after WW11 ended?

Not if it's 1936...

It struck me last night having caught up with all the developments in Little Muddle that this wonderful thread is turning into a mini soap opera, which is strange in many ways as I know that a lot of members on here tend to escape into the railway room while their  wives / partners watch the soaps on the telly .......think we'd better keep this quite  :jester:  :jester:

• Like 1

It's official!

Little Muddle has been declared An Are Of Outsranding Natural

Beauty---AONB. Well deserved I'd say.

Hope not as that will be another set of regulations I'll have to comply with before building anything.........

Thanks