Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold

How utterly splendid, Kevin.

All we need now are David Niven and Leslie Howard sat discussing the merits of the Spitfire after it's latest test flight.

Charming.

Rob.

post-14122-0-95370900-1491635659.jpg

Edited by nhy581
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold

I fully agree. I've enjoyed all your photos Kevin but that garden shot made my eyes widen. It is very, very good.

It would grace the frontpage of any modelling mag - except everyone would think it was an issue of Country Living  :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

How utterly splendid, Kevin.

All we need now are David Niven and Leslie Howard sat discussing the merits of the Spitfire after it's latest test flight.

Charming.

Rob.

How interesting that you should say that Rob.

I was driving to our local model shop this morning and the first piece I heard on the car radio was Walton's "Spitfire Prelude and Fugue".

• Like 5

It's good to see that the pesky buddleia has been kept out of the garden. It grows so predominantly near railways. I guess the shiny dog doesn't get to "go" in that garden. Did you buy the plants or make them Kevin? A very convincing display.

Re the new build, will we see deliveries of windows etc arriving on site? I imagine they arrive by train due to the close proximity.

post-5402-0-50410800-1491638934.jpg

Kevin

Please follow this swinging watch with your eyes.

With your eyes, Kevin, just with your eyes

Keep watching the watch, Kevin

Now repeat after me - I must write my techniques up for the magazines - I must write my techniques up for the magazines - I must write my techniques up for the magazines

Keep repeating it, Kevin

Keep repeating it.

And when I snap my fingers, you are going to write up your techniques up for the magazines

SNAP!

Because I thought at first that it was a pic of your garden. Then I realised.

• Like 2

It's good to see that the pesky buddleia has been kept out of the garden. It grows so predominantly near railways. I guess the shiny dog doesn't get to "go" in that garden. Did you buy the plants or make them Kevin? A very convincing display.

Re the new build, will we see deliveries of windows etc arriving on site? I imagine they arrive by train due to the close proximity.

Thanks

Regarding the plants they are adapted from mainly MiniNatur products using garden flower strips cut into individual stalks and pushed into a predrilled hole in the flower bed.

Others are lengths of reed, Woodland Scenics I think, bunched together as one, ends dipped into glue then coloured flock and again planted in a hole.

Long flowers top end rolled in coloured flock and planted.

Small foliage clumps used , potato strips cut into individual plants and stems with coloured flock on.

Base was sundela so I carved out the flower beds to give the recessed border effect, one of my favorite materials Treemendous Earth Powder to form the flower beds. Path created with silver sand and wash painted with different shades of grey (50 I think....!!!!!)

Windows delivered from LCut last week by Royal Mail and hand delivered to storage yard.....

attachicon.gif post-14122-0-95370900-1491635659.jpg

Kevin

Please follow this swinging watch with your eyes.

With your eyes, Kevin, just with your eyes

Keep watching the watch, Kevin

Now repeat after me - I must write my techniques up for the magazines - I must write my techniques up for the magazines - I must write my techniques up for the magazines

Keep repeating it, Kevin

Keep repeating it.

And when I snap my fingers, you are going to write up your techniques up for the magazines

SNAP!

Because I thought at first that it was a pic of your garden. Then I realised. 

One day........

post-8925-0-91385000-1491649648.png

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

How interesting that you should say that Rob.

I was driving to our local model shop this morning and the first piece I heard on the car radio was Walton's "Spitfire Prelude and Fugue".

Sorry what radio station are you listening to that plays that?!

• RMweb Premium

Sorry what radio station are you listening to that plays that?!

Classicfm also play it a lot too!

Very relaxed on this thread.

Other threads woukd be screaming "get back on topic". It must be the therapeutic affect of that garden.

We're not considering some of the posts on A Nod to Brent, now, are we?

This one hasn't got to sausages and parsnips yet.

• RMweb Gold

I'm still looking at your garden and I'm fascinated by the layers of shrubs and trees laid out so realistically.

After handling all that foliage texture with adhesive you must have green fingers! It shows.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thank you but I don't really have green fingers in the real world.

The trick with planting them was to put the glue on the model first and then offer the plant to it with a pair of bent nose tweezers.

For some reason I haven't many recent pictures of the garden until I was messing about with the camera at low level the other day when that shot was taken.

I built the ground on a slope which helped with the effect seen.

The best picture I have at the moment was taken a while ago but gives you an idea of the garden and it's layout even then it's missed a bit.

What a lot of gorgeous detail - even the greenhouse is full of plants width a vine growing up the wall. I'm feeling guilty that we a keeping you from your modelling- you could e digging foundations raher than reading this!

What a lot of gorgeous detail - even the greenhouse is full of plants width a vine growing up the wall. I'm feeling guilty that we a keeping you from your modelling- you could e digging foundations raher than reading this!

Many thanks, but I am working on the building site.

See, one of a couple of the building frameworks knocked up ready for brickpaper.

It's a small stable building in case you were wandering with a forge at one end.

post-8925-0-64087300-1491724922_thumb.jpg

Edited by KNP
  • Like 9