Little Muddle

KNP

Many thanks for the responses but.....

The answer is.......

30 second wait..........

A fresh piece of toilet paper direct from the roll, pulled into individual layers and glued onto the roof like glass fibre matting

Once dry it sets rock hard! so mould into shape whilst still wet (talking from experience here as the first shed roof covering I couldn't bend around the edge so had to be scrapped)

post-8925-0-44670000-1492968995_thumb.jpg

post-8925-0-93057700-1492969100_thumb.jpg

post-8925-0-96754300-1492969021_thumb.jpg

Edited by KNP
  • Like 6

Would it work with a sheet of Izal ?

Didn't know you can still get that.......wouldn't think so as the glue has to soak in plus there is very little relief to it (no toilet humour please) as this is a very serious debate on toilet paper and it's modelling merit's.

All untoward comments will go straight down the pan......

I'm feeling a little flushed now so back to building the factory yard for Cathcott Field

Edited by KNP

Steady progress on Cathcott's Field, new buildings finished apart from superficial detailing (signs, notices, etc), existing building base module altered and located back in place.

The factory area module has been separated from the main template so I can work on it easier on the work bench.

Next up, main factory building and the completion of the factory module itself.

IMG_2769.JPG

Edited by KNP
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Didn't know you can still get that.......wouldn't think so as the glue has to soak in plus there is very little relief to it (no toilet humour please) as this is a very serious debate on toilet paper and it's modelling merit's.

All untoward comments will go straight down the pan......

I'm feeling a little flushed now so back to building the factory yard for Cathcott Field

Get all the jokes out of your cistern.

Flushed with success ..

This is enough to drive you around the bend.........

We're now firmly in Black Country Blues territory!

Welshmen have feelings too, y'know...

(and in case no-one understands the BCB / toilet references - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/63554-black-country-blues-stubby47-builds-w-e-millward-ltd/?p=912583)

• RMweb Gold

Whilst waiting for some glue to dry I have been playing with Serif PhotoPlus x7 and added steam to my recent picture of the 48xx.

Now be honest, is it worth the effort.

I have spent ages trolling though photos of this loco in steam to see where and how it would smoke. No huge cloud as at this point she would be slowly down for the station so the pressure would be off, whistle on to warn of approach and I have assumed a still day - to make things easier.

attachicon.gifA1.jpg

I think it enhances the picture. I wonder if you could modify your video too, so we can be sure!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Which stockists do you use for these products please Kevin.

Robin

Scenic Express ( scenicexpress.com ) in the US (their choice is extensive just costly to get) and in the UK - New Railway Modellers ( newrailwaymodellers.co.uk ).

Hope this helps.

Kevin

• Informative/Useful 1

I do know that Green Scene do some of the Mininatur range, mainly the tufts.

Agreed and many of their products appear all over the layout but the quantity I needed, about 17 strips made buying them in the UK rather expensive. With the demise of International Models we lost a very useful stockist of these items at exhibitions.

I also use a wargame site www.antenocitisworkshop.com for this range as well.