Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold

We don't have a "stunning" button - maybe we should have for your modelling, Kevin.

It wouldn't look out of place on Andy's Postcards of Pendon thread.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Then in the post the MiniNatur plants arrived from the States ..............................

These must be the most traveled scenic materials in existence!  :)

I may be stating the obvious here, but these products are made in Germany. There must be a more direct, and possibly cheaper, way to get them direct from the manufacturer?

Here: http://mininatur.de/shop_onlineshop.php?lang=en

or here: https://www.langmesser-modellwelt.de/shop/mininatur---silhouette

David

• RMweb Gold

These must be the most traveled scenic materials in existence!  :)

I may be stating the obvious here, but these products are made in Germany. There must be a more direct, and possibly cheaper, way to get them direct from the manufacturer?

Here: http://mininatur.de/shop_onlineshop.php?lang=en

or here: https://www.langmesser-modellwelt.de/shop/mininatur---silhouette

David

Vielen Dank.

Any idea why I can't get this loco to run correctly, I have checked the electrical supply and it seems to be earthing OK?

The chap in the shop said it needed a bit of oiling and a some water to the floral display to make it run just like the real thing.

Also on further inspection there appears to be no socket for a DCC chip in it either.

I did try on the layout earlier but the board ended up on the ceiling!

IMG_2803.JPG

Edited by KNP
  • Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Any idea why I can't get this loco to run correctly, I have checked the electrical supply and it seems to be earthing OK?

The chap in the shop said it needed a bit of oiling and a some water to the floral display to make it run just like the real thing.

Also on further inspection there appears to be no socket for a DCC chip in it either.

attachicon.gifIMG_2803.JPG

Is that the Hattons' one ?

I'm not convinced the colour is correct.

Are the pig pens in post 501 scratch built or bought?

Scratch built using my favorite method of brick paper on card and postcard roof tiles with microstrip used for the gates.

Even the troughs are made out of folded postcards part filled with varnish...

Is that the Hattons' one ?

I'm not convinced the colour is correct.

No my Hatton's one is running.........

It's GWR concrete grey, there was very few finished in that colour - especially done for rural roots.

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifIMG_2803.JPG

The wheels look too far apart. Is it P4?

• RMweb Premium

I showed my wife the photo of your troublesome engine and her response was "why couldn't you have been satisfied with one of those?!"

Not light engine then!

Definitely not light, it took my son and I to lift it from the car to the back garden.

It is of solid concrete construction and even the wagon was on the limits of what one person could lift.

The poor old car was a bit light on the front end whilst driving back from the garden centre!

• Like 3

I showed my wife the photo of your troublesome engine and her response was "why couldn't you have been satisfied with one of those?!"

Sorry...............

The wheels look too far apart. Is it P4?

Well I'm not moving them as it would take a heavy duty Kango hammer drill to sort it out...............................

• Like 1

On 11/05/2017 at 19:09, sandwich station said:

Are the pig pens in post 501 scratch built or bought?

Following on from my previous response I've now found an early picture of it, I knew I had one but could find it when I replied last night. 

DSC_1281.JPG.5f97806d37f5566505c569f63d9dea45.JPG

As you can see I varnished the roof to protect it and though matt it ended up with a sheen.

So I repainted the roof and used some of my UV matt varnish which sorted the problem.

Not everything goes to plan.......

Edited by KNP
  • Like 14