Little Muddle

KNP

Another picture worked on.

Notice the new Modelu standpipe to the left on the coaling station by the wheelbarrow, fitted the other day.

Very nicely made, came in a pack of three so now I'm looking around for other places for the other two!!!!

attachicon.gif1160.jpg

Sorry Kevin, but I have to ask.  There are two of us here wondering how on earth you did those rows of what look very much like spinach ...

A few more pictures showing the station platform items that I liked.....

post-8925-0-63387200-1517424623_thumb.jpg

post-8925-0-45362900-1517424635_thumb.jpg

post-8925-0-52195300-1517424645_thumb.jpg

And the clutter that looked particularly effective

post-8925-0-92584600-1517424657_thumb.jpg

And when we had all finished we jumped on my new tricycle and set off for home!!!!!?

post-8925-0-65238000-1517424786_thumb.jpg

Not always going in the right direction for Bicester from Swindon I might add!

The only thing I tripped over was the sign saying uneven floor?

Edited by KNP
  • Like 14

The things I hate are those stupid yellow “wet floor” signs that cleaners leave all over the place. They’re about eighteen inches high, and completely invisible if you’re coming round a corner or talking to someone.

Bah humbug!

Simon

The things I hate are those stupid yellow “wet floor” signs that cleaners leave all over the place. They’re about eighteen inches high, and completely invisible if you’re coming round a corner or talking to someone.

Bah humbug!

Simon

When they do that at work on silly places I fire off emails complaining of "Installation of Trip Hazards".

Since I do that with my H&S hat on the silly placement of such signs has markedly declined.

• Like 2

When they do that at work on silly places I fire off emails complaining of "Installation of Trip Hazards".

Since I do that with my H&S hat on the silly placement of such signs has markedly declined.

You could always put up a sign warning of the trip hazard sign warning of the wet floor.

Then another sign warning of the warning sign etc.etc.etc. until the entire floor was covered in signs making it impossible to walk on thereby removing the original hazard.

Simple really when you think about it logically!

• Like 2

And here are the two reasons why LM is chugging along at the moment.....

post-8925-0-58486600-1517429343_thumb.jpg

Now hopefully with these two finished Little Muddle can recommence but after seeing that van unloading onto a horse drawn wagon........

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Bah humbug!

Simon

What something like this Simon.  :jester:

post-8647-0-06830000-1517689415_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

A few more pictures showing the station platform items that I liked.....

attachicon.gifIMG_3736.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3737.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3739.JPG

And the clutter that looked particularly effective

attachicon.gifIMG_3738.JPG

And when we had all finished we jumped on my new tricycle and set off for home!!!!!?

attachicon.gifIMG_3742.JPG

Not always going in the right direction for Bicester from Swindon I might add!

The only thing I tripped over was the sign saying uneven floor?

"A full size tablet of Nestle's milk chocolate and your weight". I wonder why those machines never caught on.

• Like 1

Thought it was time for a few more pictures of Little Muddle as the Cakebox Challenge does seem to have taken up a lot of time both modelling and photographing.

Also, now that most of the construction work for my new dedicated work area is nearing completion with power and lighting all to hand, just three shelves to fit I can turn my attention to LM before starting the third challange.

I used to have one but when I decided to extend LM to form the current 'U' shape this meant that Encombe Station was built over my old work bench, since then I have been using a converted picnic table with a table lamp plugged into an extension lead to work from.

Anyway back to the layout, the small prairie 4550 visited Little Muddle today and called in at the coaling stage to top up. 

So I gave Ken Dobettar a ring and he popped over and took a series of pictures, here is the first batch.

attachicon.gif1167.jpg

attachicon.gif1169.jpg

attachicon.gif1171.jpg

Good to have some pics again Kevin, very nice indeed.

Nice bit of therapy for me mate.

Good to have some pics again Kevin, very nice indeed.

Nice bit of therapy for me mate.

Thanks.

It dawned on me this morning that I hadn't taken any pictures of the layout for quite awhile rather been using up my stock of them taken a while ago.

So this afternoon I thought forget the work bench, the CBC and took some pictures in the afternoon sun of Little Muddle - so I did.

Hope you are well, been following your topic/s and still smile at the fact that in many of your pictures you have more rolling stock visible than I do for my entire LM layout.......mind you the situation was helped somewhat when I found those two wagons down the back of the storage drawers when I removed them!!!!

So much for my 'stock control'.........

Edited by KNP
  • Like 3

What are the origins of the brick base coaling stage please Kev ?

Scratchbuilt using my own imagination.

It was built about 10 years ago based on something I saw in a book and of course back then, it was only me looking the layout so worrying about basing it on something real was not a major concern to me then, it just had to look and feel right.

Now I'm posting on this website and the comments that go bantering around I am tending to check that I have a prototype I can refer to........just in case?

Seeing that nice loco you have been posting on ANTB I realised I ought to get something in that ilk for the main line and I don't have any loco's with a tender behind....!

A static one would do for display purposes only....well like most of my layout as I haven't run anything for weeks.....so if any one has a defunct Hall/Castle they wish to dispose of give me a shout.