Little Muddle

KNP

On 15/03/2019 at 22:19, KNP said:

Things are changing as the development creeps on.

The view is different.

IMG_0994.JPG.63b59bf9b94eebf4c2ddfb00a793c061.JPG

It is doing exactly what I want it to do and that is make the station feel part of the town.

As they say, you cheeky so and so to swindle that in, most unexpected. I had noticed the new shop quite a few pages back but never commented. Looks the part Kevin.  

Edited by Tex 'n' Taz
missed wording
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, KNP said:

Then you do the next one that is made up of 57 individual focus shots and you think that looks OK

1833.jpg.51168fd0e5381c9ed0a548ab4c208fbb.jpg

But then you think.....what if I do this?

1835a.jpg.3b9f43e57eb80844129c0597080f54da.jpg

And to me it seems to transform the picture

That top photo would have to be the most realistic photo I've seen of any layout. (both are) To my eye everything has fallen into place, I'am standing there between those tracks. Absolutely stunning, may we all hope to achieve such a standard.

Tex. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

10 minutes ago, Tex 'n' Taz said:

That top photo would have to be the most realistic photo I've seen of any layout. (both are) To my eye everything has fallen into place, I'am standing there between those tracks. Absolutely stunning, may we all hope to achieve such a standard.

Tex. 

Many thanks for your comments, glad you like them. 

• RMweb Gold

One can sense the temporary excitement as the arrival of a stopping train on platform 2 closely follows the departure of the train on platform 1, which was not the train granny is waiting for. Mind you the signalman was very swift returning the signal to on.  I don’t think any of my buildings will ever stand up to such close scrutiny- I do like thes close up eye- level views!

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Limpley Stoker said:

One can sense the temporary excitement as the arrival of a stopping train on platform 2 closely follows the departure of the train on platform 1, which was not the train granny is waiting for. Mind you the signalman was very swift returning the signal to on.  I don’t think any of my buildings will ever stand up to such close scrutiny- I do like thes close up eye- level views!

Thanks

I prefer the eye level views because that is how we would normally see it.

Right from the outset it was designed and built for close up pictures, what I didn't allow for was the advancement of compact camera so I can now get in areas I could only dream of when I started.

I will now have to paint a lot of the rear of the tracks as that is now showing up as not done....?

Edited by KNP
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

Had you thought of using the forward facing camera of your iPhone to photograph the ‘other ‘ side of things, suitably cropped to  remove the full-sized you  from the image? 

• Informative/Useful 1

Hi,

i also prefer the eye-level shots you can only take with a smartphone.

Although i have a proper camera and lenses, i mainly use my iphone for pictures of model railways.

You just get to viewpoints you could never get any camera into.

Apart from the viewpoints, i like your layout a lot, there is so much detail to spot.

But what i like the most are the overall colours, which look so natural and real.

Is there a special app for the iphone, which does the focus stacking or are you using some pc software for it?

Regards,

Bjoern

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, outatime said:

Hi,

i also prefer the eye-level shots you can only take with a smartphone.

Although i have a proper camera and lenses, i mainly use my iphone for pictures of model railways.

You just get to viewpoints you could never get any camera into.

Apart from the viewpoints, i like your layout a lot, there is so much detail to spot.

But what i like the most are the overall colours, which look so natural and real.

Is there a special app for the iphone, which does the focus stacking or are you using some pc software for it?

Regards,

Bjoern

Thanks for your comments.

My main camera is a compact Panasonic TZ100 which I use their version of photo stacking called Post Focus run through a Media Reader so I can access individual shots from the MP4 sequence that has focused from close to infinity then stack them through Serif Affinity as one merges picture.

The iPhone is a 6s but does not have stacking but it will fit in places that even the TZ100 can't go.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

That is a remarkable result for a phone camera - it even shows the hitherto unseen roof on the Cottage row. I have just acquired the XR myself and it seems to perform as well as my TZ-60 in wide angle mode. There is a primitive focus stacking App - ‘FocusCamera’ in the Apple store, but it only works on three focus zones so it’s too primitive for serious use.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Limpley Stoker said:

That is a remarkable result for a phone camera - it even shows the hitherto unseen roof on the Cottage row. I have just acquired the XR myself and it seems to perform as well as my TZ-60 in wide angle mode. There is a primitive focus stacking App - ‘FocusCamera’ in the Apple store, but it only works on three focus zones so it’s too primitive for serious use.

Thanks, I must say for the 10minutes I had it I was impressed.

I was aware of the App for stacking and that it only used 3 shoots, primitive when you consider the last picture (Grandma) was made up of no less than 71 individual shots.

• Agree 1

Then you take a picture that highlights that this layout was originally conceived to be viewed from one side....

1840.jpg.505dcd0e9acbc533d5fed9d04847d3a7.jpg

Looks like a bit of 'through the keyhole' painting needed to the platform edge and the track is unpainted.....

Edited by KNP
  • Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

On 22/03/2019 at 13:11, Limpley Stoker said:

What a good view of your excellent rainwater plumbing on the station awning!

Thanks.

And to think no one sees them, they actually run along to a hopper then a downpipe...

You can see them in this upside down picture of the canopy.

ES3.jpg.d73b941d585c2c1e79ee54d3424f51de.jpg

Edited by KNP
  • Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 9