Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold

OI love that last picture - your close up of the 48xx would cheer up Mr Jones, I’m sure.

The new lighting rig has been a triumph, I think your photographs seem to be much more natural and clear, if that’s possible. I ended up with the warm/ cool led strip combination a couple of years ago but they need a separate transformer each so it’s more wires and gadgets , as my wife would grumble!

Edited by Limpley Stoker
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Limpley Stoker said:

OI love that last picture - your close up of the 48xx would cheer up Mr Jones, I’m sure.

The new lighting rig has been a triumph, I think your photographs seem to be much more natural and clear, if that’s possible. I ended up with the warm/ cool led strip combination a couple of years ago but they need a separate transformer each so it’s more wires and gadgets , as my wife would grumble!

Thanks

I am pleased with the effect, still trying to work out the right colour settings for the camera though.

I in fact, at times, have to much light but that's where the dimmers come in and there is a continuous band of light with no dim areas where there was gaps between the striplights.

Luckily my LED lights come already fitted with a plug and dimmer so all I had to do was work out the length and plug it in.

Edited by KNP
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Re dimmer for the lights.

Here in Spain they don’t really do dimmers - for any kind of lights. I was going to get a set to run the length of the layout and power them off an old 12v transformer.

they sell strips of LED by the metre in the local Chinese shops.

• Informative/Useful 1

30 minutes ago, colin penfold said:

You are getting some amazing depth of field Kevin, presumably another benefit of the additional light levels?

The extra lighting is a bonus but it is all down really to the camera and post focus. The last picture for example was made up of 69 separate frames focused from macro to infinity then merged together in Affinity to give the feeling of a fully focused picture.

• Informative/Useful 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

Interesting Kevin, thanks. Is there a setting on your camera that enables the 69 different focus positions? I have tried some focus stacking with decent results but I can only focus my SLR manually which realistically limits me to about 6 frames from near to infinity.

41 minutes ago, colin penfold said:

Interesting Kevin, thanks. Is there a setting on your camera that enables the 69 different focus positions? I have tried some focus stacking with decent results but I can only focus my SLR manually which realistically limits me to about 6 frames from near to infinity.

The camera actually takes much more but the media player I use to abstract the individual pictures works out where the focus points change and in this instance 69 was the result. Somewhere on this thread I did run a post showing the operation, can’t remember when that was!!!

Why can you only get 6 frames on your camera when in manual?

• Informative/Useful 1

57 minutes ago, colin penfold said:

Simply a matter of how small an adjustment I can physically make on the focussing ring. There's no computerised focussing on my camera.

That does surprise me, is the focus ring on a thread? I used to count the finger serrations on my Nikon D5100 when manually moving the focusing ring.

• Informative/Useful 1

10 hours ago, KNP said:

WHAT THE...…******

Who is the idiot that left the horsebox at the end of the line from the last photo shoot...…!

2018.jpg.0603dcf8d440a9aaf3b554dcc2f79dd2.jpg

Grrr…….now I will have to stop and walk to the office for my cup of tea!!!

leave it there till someone paints the ends black

• Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

A criticism; let my state unequivocally that your modelling is quantum better than mine before I arouse the justified ire of your legions of supporters, but; the barrows should be parked parallel to the platform edge, not at right angles to it.   This is because, should the handbrake fail, they need to roll along the platform and not over the edge. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

A criticism; let my state unequivocally that your modelling is quantum better than mine before I arouse the justified ire of your legions of supporters, but; the barrows should be parked parallel to the platform edge, not at right angles to it.   This is because, should the handbrake fail, they need to roll along the platform and not over the edge. 

Nah, they'll be stopped by the horsebox...:o

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

"Quantum modelling"?

You mean the horse in the horsebox is simultaneously alive and dead, and we don't know which until the trolley hits the side, knocking the door open and quantum superposition ends?

Edited by Harlequin
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold

You have a better understanding of it than me, Phil, Shroedinger's Horse!  Which of course pulls Shroedinger's cart, enabling it to exist or not exist in several places simultaneously on Little Muddle, or even on different layouts.  Or not.

Edited by The Johnster
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2