Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, KNP said:

After referring to the occupational bridge previously I thought I would take some pictures of it because this area hasn't really been looked since I built it 6 odd years ago....it's sort of there in the corner but never seen?

Aerial view of the bridge and bridleway with the footpath leading off at the bend leading down the hill

2104.jpg.6b57b9864a30c5b38f79cd1a9077db2f.jpg

View between the trees

2105.jpg.c8cb614a3d1eeda4d9f8921d66582e5a.jpg

From the track leading back up the hill

2106.jpg.f2ed83afd2f0aba46dbf64074bf4f89e.jpg

I did have plans to put some hikers on the bridge watching the trains, or a horse with a standing rider holding the reigns doing the same thing but never got around to it as other things cropped up.....

I’ve been admiring the weathering of the wooden deck of your occupation bridge and the marks left by the wheels of carts and perhaps tractors, and bearing in mind the steam traction engine lurking in Encombe,  I think perhaps there should be a weight limit on this bridge.

Something like this would be appropriate, I couldn’t see a GWR example on Google, but I’m sure images are available!

A712E941-6C62-413D-81FA-A9B2073BB3EB.jpeg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Limpley Stoker said:

I’ve been admiring the weathering of the wooden deck of your occupation bridge and the marks left by the wheels of carts and perhaps tractors, and bearing in mind the steam traction engine lurking in Encombe,  I think perhaps there should be a weight limit on this bridge.

Something like this would be appropriate, I couldn’t see a GWR example on Google, but I’m sure images are available!

Thanks

Somewhere in one of my folders I do have some Sankey signs for bridges so is this the time to dig them out.....

Note to self - add to list of things to do!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mulgabill said:

Reckon Mick could put in a word, and Kevin be invited to run a canopy nudging course at Pendon..... Perhaps.

OR, Do the Canopy Nudging Judging?:laugh:

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

I've just come across a really good book called 'The Art of Canopy Nudging' it is only 3 pages long but it clears up a lot of things I've wondered about for a long time.

That's my last word on nudging as its starting to get silly:crazy_mini:

• Like 2
  • Funny 4

30 minutes ago, SteveTheSteam said:

Inspirational pics as ever.....

however, me not being an authority on Permanent Way, could someone tell me what this is?

PW thing.jpg

Thanks

I was working on the pull out work top that fits under the creamery board and I trimmed some plastic. A bit shot off who knows where....well I do now!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, SteveTheSteam said:

Inspirational pics as ever.....

however, me not being an authority on Permanent Way, could someone tell me what this is?

PW thing.jpg

Looks like someone has thrown down a gauntlet?

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
23 hours ago, stock_2007 said:

I've just come across a really good book called 'The Art of Canopy Nudging' it is only 3 pages long but it clears up a lot of things I've wondered about for a long time.

That's my last word on nudging as its starting to get silly:crazy_mini:

Far be it from me to wish to prolong anything silly on this forum but I also found a suitable book.

'How to Win Friends, Nudge Canopies and Influence People'................C Nudger.

Sorry, I'll get my coat.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

Well this is unusual, it appears 8701 has been tasked with taking charge of the local passenger service as there was a minor problem with the Prairie 4550......

It was still in the storage box under the layout!

Anyway it made the old girl feel important....

2113.jpg.59a47e787b9627a4ceadc9fe2ef84953.jpg

Edited by KNP
  • Like 14

Rolling into Encombe Town the fireman is still looking for his lunch box!

2114.jpg.79716b7856197824299b957905d8585f.jpg

2115.jpg.ff252c330a039211a5da68a9b18b6bf5.jpg

It was at this point looking at the picture that I realised this loco has no lamp brackets on the front..

Another job for the to do list.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 16

9 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

No sandbox operating mechanisms either, but we won't mention that. Oh! Darn it!

It is an old model so it won't have all the mod cons!!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1