Little Muddle

KNP

1 hour ago, Martin S-C said:

The lamp irons are looking much better now Kevin... except their fine profile shows up how enormous the handrails are! Once you start...

One day, one day when I have nothing to do I might change them but the 'to do' list never seems to be done!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Talking of my 'to do' list, I ended up working on something not on the list.

I looked at both my Panniers and realised neither of them had lamp brackets at the front.

IMG_0512.jpg.b1e96f76e3bb99dfca84348ec2f74b22.jpg

Bunker missing the top ones but I will leave for now whilst I work out how the best way to fit securely as the moulded top is different on both locos.

Looking through my Pannier Papers all these brackets seemed to be fitted differently, almost like local sheds have either fitted them or altered them to suit their need.

I went for the most common version that most seem to have.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

11 minutes ago, KNP said:

Now the Panniers have got the lamp bug.....

IMG_0516.jpg.3a3f46024955cd2a5d1626a64f854a9f.jpg

iPhone picture but I do like the composition so this will get redone with the main camera.

Those Panniers do look good with the lamps on Kevin ..excellent ......I can see debates starting on this thread about what right and whats wrong regarding lamp positions :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gismorail said:

Those Panniers do look good with the lamps on Kevin ..excellent ......I can see debates starting on this thread about what right and whats wrong regarding lamp positions :laugh:

Thanks

So can I!

• Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, KNP said:

And a retake of the earlier picture, taken from a slightly different position as even the TZ100 can't get where a slim iPhone can.

2172.jpg.9fe812afd41847d894a17037593cba2f.jpg

Have all Pannier Firemen lost something? :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

I don't want to be picky... but what about he spare lamp irons?

(I will admit that none of my locos have any irons, yet. so tell me where to go if you like. As long as

I can have return to Encombe Town.)

All the best

TONY

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mulgabill said:

I don't want to be picky... but what about he spare lamp irons?

(I will admit that none of my locos have any irons, yet. so tell me where to go if you like. As long as

I can have return to Encombe Town.)

All the best

TONY

Not a problem.

I have a few left so will be using them in the important areas first, mostly front ends. 

Need to get some more!! Surprising how many you use on a loco...

Edited by KNP

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, KNP said:

Not a problem.

I have a few left so will be using them in the important areas first, mostly front ends. 

Need to get some more!! Surprising how many you use on a loco...

You might need even more than you think because I'm sure you know that crews used to stow spare lamps on the footplate.

The Hattons/DJM 14XX even has extra lamp brackets as per the real thing.

Depending on your timeframe there might still be some red-bodied lamps in use - especially on the lesser routes. Main line services made the change over to white lamps very quickly as far as I can see.

Edited by Harlequin

Agree.

I have just ordered three more packets from Wizard to cover all the additional ones I have noted.

The Mogul, as far as I can see has 10 of them but in at least one picture an additional 3rd spare lamp bracket has been fitted on the footplate....!!!

• Like 1