Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, vulcanbomber said:

By my initial calculations I need to standard home signals and 2 bracket signals as  a starter.

Like you I would like working signals, it's just the cost if a bit of putting, we are looking at spending about £150 if my calculations are correct.

I might stat slowly by adding first 2 working Home signals and then add the bracket signals as Ratio one's to be replaced later as a compromise.

Depends what make you want. These work well and won't cost you anything like that much:

https://peco-uk.com/collections/4mm-oo/products/gwr-home-signal?variant=7435747524642

https://peco-uk.com/products/gwr-junction-bracket-signal?variant=7435635556386

Usual disclaimer.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

21 minutes ago, KNP said:

And we come to a halt on Overbrook Viaduct waiting for clearance into Little Muddle.

2341.jpg.a64d137f80faf9ebf454276d6e65383f.jpg

I have to say, The Colonel appears to be concentrating so much on his fishing that he has failed to notice his train on the viaduct.

If this was today you could say he had some ear pieces in listening to music from his mobile phone but what the excuse would be back in 36 I don't know!!!

I do love your Viaduct shots Kevin, especially the Lane and the way it goes off around the bend beyond. That is one thing I really must try to incorporate into my next project.

The Colonel is probably day dreaming of the Stable Lass he has just employed!:o:nono::yahoo:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I do love your Viaduct shots Kevin, especially the Lane and the way it goes off around the bend beyond. That is one thing I really must try to incorporate into my next project. 

Do go on.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, KNP said:

And we come to a halt on Overbrook Viaduct waiting for clearance into Little Muddle.

2341.jpg.a64d137f80faf9ebf454276d6e65383f.jpg

I have to say, The Colonel appears to be concentrating so much on his fishing that he has failed to notice his train on the viaduct.

If this was today you could say he had some ear pieces in listening to music from his mobile phone but what the excuse would be back in 36 I don't know!!!

Probably deaf due to shooting without ear protectors in WW1 and more recently game!

• Agree 1

Now we are back from the town and had my lunch, magically the signal dropped and the train was able to continue....

Peering through the trees we catch sight of it trundling past the Croc.

2342.jpg.93687896046d4c9bdc02a9ac5611a7df.jpg

Edited by KNP
  • Like 19

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, KNP said:

On one particular day I fell over taking the driver with me and both ended up lying in an undignified heap on the ground.

That will not be happening anymore...…!!!!

I'm sure that the driver will be eternally grateful.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

Now, I do feel I have to explain why the loco stopped where it did and not close to the buffers as usual.

Well, and I do have this on good authority, the Colonel asked the driver to stop short so when his horse got off it could step on the platform tarmac and not the concrete slabs where it might slip.

Also there was concern that it might bang its head on the canopy as well!

2349.jpg.9265bf45ba5a1ad7f34392d0e433b246.jpg

When the Station Master asked what about the passengers the Colonel replied I paid a lot of money for that horse......the passengers can walk that little bit extra....after....my horse has got off!!!

That's that sorted then....

Edited by KNP
  • Like 15
  • Funny 2

Now a test for you all.

Did anyone notice the mistake on the first two pictures of this recent sequence?

No...…..

Nor did I at first,

I forgot to put the running lamp on the loco.

Funny for years it never worried me so I never bothered now it looks so wrong...…!!!!

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

You could excuse yourself by claiming that the loco as already arrived, and that passengers and horse have detrained and parcels unloaded, and the loco is setting the train back prior to run around.  In the first 2 pictures the fireman has already removed the lamp. and the guard has not yet placed the tail lamp on this end of the train...

Guards usually made this their first priority on arrival at a terminus in order to be clearly doing something important that gave them an excuse to avoid anything like helping unload the van or being buttonholed by passengers.  It didn't always work, but it was usually worth a go...  by the time you'd done it the passengers were gone and the van unloaded.  So you walked back up the train, closing the doors as you went in preparation for the setting back move, carried out under the supervision of the stationmaster or someone he'd delegated.  

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Simond said:

Poll evil is a thing you don’t want...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poll_evil

and nothing to do with Brexit...

atb

Simon

At the end of that definition there is mention of ‘fistulous withers’  ; that sounds even worse so I can understand the colonel’s anxiety to avoid the awning!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2