Little Muddle

KNP

3 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Is it my age Kevin, or are the background fields new?

Excellent mate.

Thanks

No original, I have just tidied up the edge between two layers that was annoying me by adding with a felt tip pen another line of trees.

Nearly there, few places that need attention but that is where these pictures come into there own as they do focus the eye.

• Informative/Useful 1

6 hours ago, Limpley Stoker said:

At the end of that definition there is mention of ‘fistulous withers’  ; that sounds even worse so I can understand the colonel’s anxiety to avoid the awning!

And there’s me thinking Fistulous Withers was an actor of some fame...

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, KNP said:

Now Ken is in on the scene.

He apparently was at Middle Farm when the loco past so rushed up the barn steps and took some pictures from the landing.

2362.jpg.5fbe69d46f8a396849131b305cb379cb.jpg

2363.jpg.19a337cee1139f559a1f26e9f928641b.jpg

2364.jpg.ce908e161f2bd6b6156340f4a63d0851.jpg

Is it my imagination or are we seeing the first hint of autumn in the trees? It must be late afternoon as sunset approaches to give such a warm light. Really lovely!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Morning Kevin, just a quick question please. For your up shots from below the Viaduct, do you have a high backscene or do you have to photoshop in some more sky?

Morning to you as well.

The backscenes are 450mm high, occasionally I will clone a few bits normally in odd corners etc.

• Informative/Useful 2

2 minutes ago, KNP said:

Morning to you as well.

The backscenes are 450mm high, occasionally I will clone a few bits normally in odd corners etc.

Same as me then, my New Mills is 18 inches, (sorry I don't know the metric of that,) but Seven Mills is only 9 inches so is always a problem for me, plus I have the window behind that one.

I'm always impressed but the pics on here, superb Kevin.:good:

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Same as me then, my New Mills is 18 inches, (sorry I don't know the metric of that,) but Seven Mills is only 9 inches so is always a problem for me, plus I have the window behind that one.

I'm always impressed but the pics on here, superb Kevin.:good:

Thanks.

The last set of pictures the top edge of the board could be seen so I just cropped it to cut it out

Here's one of the stills from the MP4 sequence from yesterdays pictures (so some will be blurred because of the focal plane change)

P1120510.MP4_snapshot_00.00_%5B2019_09.21_08_56.28%5D.jpg.542c6f958456f1f2c8fe5c47e84fba3d.jpg

The other thing I had to clone out was I knocked the top handrail bracket out when fitting the front lamp and it slid down the wire.....

It has now been fixed back again....

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, KNP said:

Now Ken is in on the scene.

He apparently was at Middle Farm when the loco past so rushed up the barn steps and took some pictures from the landing.

Always nice to see a tail lamp fitted.;)

• Agree 2

On 21/09/2019 at 14:06, stock_2007 said:

I've been meaning to ask you this for a while, but when you were given your class 45xx was it in the shirt button livery or did you re-do it. I've not been able to find one in this livery:drinks:

No, originally she looked like this

972.jpg.059fe524b3be2e8c13796cf2d4bc4adb.jpg

Then it was pointed out for my era the writing on the side of the tank was wrong along with some other small discrepancies

she ended up looking like this....

1758.jpg.532d0732749c6962507a44642bc824ac.jpg

Edited by KNP
  • Like 18
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

17 minutes ago, KNP said:

Time for some self indulgence...

My favourite shots are when the camera is low down at scale eye level to the model or even below that line looking upwards, so here are a few I did last night......

So looking for that elusive catch all picture!

First one from the lane that passes under Overbrook Viaduct (been a favourite angle for a while now)

2369.jpg.751713ae4fc58f07a1476af161d51732.jpg

Second, from the bank behind Middle Farm, a tree was removed (some are loose fixed just for this purpose)

2370.jpg.f94e543a361a3722fa0b569dbe186ec7.jpg

Last one from in front of the pig sty

2371.jpg.e8338076cc891efd86329aad56e083c7.jpg

For me, the viaduct is my favorite as it is easier to set up.....

Any thoughts?

LIKE isn't enough, we need a; STUNNING button for shots like these Kevin.:good:

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1