That is the question

Whether it is nobler to have a horse in the box or not

With slings and arrows of outrageous claims

There is the question.....

Is it or isn't it in the box???

2479.jpg.5be0dd1812598a7887f3f27ce231e448.jpg

Edited by KNP
  • Like 12

Had one of those, ought to that moments.

Brought a couple of new storage boxes a few months ago and didn't do anything with them.

Well, today I did, and now every bit of stock I possess for Little Muddle has somewhere it can be stored.

The two gaps are for the two recent Collett coaches that are being worked on at the present moment.

IMG_0769.jpg.d4cae1b96989489702e9e4ec8575d3c3.jpg

Plus I still have the 6 wagons I got in Swindon to add as well but I do have a bit of spare capacity to that...….for now!!!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Yep, everything that appears on the layout is in those boxes plus a few, top right, that haven't been seen yet.....!

You might have guessed over the months following this thread that the rolling stock is important but secondary to me and just provides a supporting role to the layout as a whole...

Compared to 18mths ago where I had just 2 steam locos this is a vast improvement.

No doubt more will appear....

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

WOW that is some discipline you have got.

So many things tempt me that my wife says I need a room the size of a Boeing factory to run all my stuff.

Strangely she won't agree to approach the bank about buying such a big space.

Your instincts are probably more finely tuned than mine.

• Friendly/supportive 2

16 minutes ago, Neal Ball said:

Do you do your carriage roofs by hand Kevin?

Yes

Each individual roof panel was painted by hand using a Slate Grey, Light Grey, Weathered Black, Roof Dirt mix that is slightly changed for each application to give the variation.

Then a finger applied Smoke powder rubbed on lengthwise with Graphite dust also applied to highlight raised areas. (Still to do on the two new additions).

Matt varnish applied again by brush width wise

Pictures taken to see how the tonal variation looked.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

Kevin,

I very much like the coach roof treatment, may well copy your approach.  Sincerest form of flattery and all that!

I hesitate to make two minor negative observations, one rather easier to address than the other.  The difficult one is the mould shut line along the top of the loco boiler and firebox, which detracts from the scene to my eyes at least.  Rubbing down will damage the paint, and possibly be difficult to blend in.  Perhaps some subtle soot might disguise it a bit?  The easier one, I feel the loco would breathe easier if you opened out the chimney somewhat.

Atb

Simon

Edited by Simond
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, KNP said:

Yes

Each individual roof panel was painted by hand using a Slate Grey, Light Grey, Weathered Black, Roof Dirt mix that is slightly changed for each application to give the variation.

Then a finger applied Smoke powder rubbed on lengthwise with Graphite dust also applied to highlight raised areas. (Still to do on the two new additions).

Matt varnish applied again by brush width wise

Pictures taken to see how the tonal variation looked.

Thanks Kevin