5 hours ago, KNP said:

Ladies and Gentlemen....

Honoured guests and followers of this thread

I give you

5934 Kneller Hall

KH28.jpg.58c7c4f6676a7e87aecad7f0297745e2.jpg

KH29.jpg.ee4ec7d5b2ca1d58f225980bfbbd1daa.jpg

KH30.jpg.f9125b83173bac25d9a2707e4f3d3f28.jpg

Though not totally finished as I am still trying to track down the Hornby Hall cylinder and gear spare part, 5934 was seen resting in the bay platform with her new Modelu crew waiting for the Dullcote and coal to thoroughly dry before handling anymore.

Though Tony kindly gave me this loco for free as it was destined to go to his version of Barry Island (or whatever they have in the Southern region) I took on the challenge of seeing if I could update it to a background prop.

I have spent less than £25 on materials renovating it and only cut my finger once in the process!

All in all a fun little project to do.

That looks great Kevin, hard to think it is the same loco!

4 hours ago, Wellyboots said:

Neal, could you be thinking of the Monty Wells conversion featured in Model Railway Journal issues 5 & 6? 

Thanks.

I doubt it as I have hardly taken any of the MRJ - particularly those early ones. 

I must have been dreaming!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, KNP said:

Ladies and Gentlemen....

Honoured guests and followers of this thread

I give you

5934 Kneller Hall

KH28.jpg.58c7c4f6676a7e87aecad7f0297745e2.jpg

KH29.jpg.ee4ec7d5b2ca1d58f225980bfbbd1daa.jpg

KH30.jpg.f9125b83173bac25d9a2707e4f3d3f28.jpg

Though not totally finished as I am still trying to track down the Hornby Hall cylinder and gear spare part, 5934 was seen resting in the bay platform with her new Modelu crew waiting for the Dullcote and coal to thoroughly dry before handling anymore.

Though Tony kindly gave me this loco for free as it was destined to go to his version of Barry Island (or whatever they have in the Southern region) I took on the challenge of seeing if I could update it to a background prop.

I have spent less than £25 on materials renovating it and only cut my finger once in the process!

All in all a fun little project to do.

Well worth the wait, superb young Kevin.:good:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, KNP said:

5934 Kneller Hall

Kevin

I'm amazed by what you have done - she now looks great, plus, I have saved myself the effort of lifting my lump hammer out of its drawer :crazy:

An excellent job, and if I find anything else GWR lurking in the scrap line I shall let you know!

Tony

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tony Teague said:

Kevin

I'm amazed by what you have done - she now looks great, plus, I have saved myself the effort of lifting my lump hammer out of its drawer :crazy:

An excellent job, and if I find anything else GWR lurking in the scrap line I shall let you know!

Tony

It was an enjoyable project and thanks for letting me have the loco.

Just need to track down replacement Hornby part X6640/1 cylinder and gear then I will be really happy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mick Bonwick said:

I don't recall any shops being that close!

Red arrow marks possible location of camera shot from adjoining shop next to station building.

Inked2024_LI.jpg.7d32ddea7963f91eaacf999fccb90c30.jpg

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 2

4 hours ago, KNP said:

Red arrow marks possible location of camera shot from adjoining shop next to station building.

Inked2024_LI.jpg.7d32ddea7963f91eaacf999fccb90c30.jpg

Good evening Kevin, your layout is a real inspiration, absolutely stunning modelling. 

Thank you for sharing.

Regards

Peter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

The Squadron Leader's in the Red Arrows???

Yes.

But he is in the Red Arrow a single plane formation group flying 'so low' moves in unison with his shadow!

Edited by KNP
  • Informative/Useful 1

Another very old model that I got off the bay..

A Lima Express Dairies milk tank wagon that normally hides under cover in the Creamery yard.

2629.jpg.c1ddaea0f13af8221f449e5ac9a3dd39.jpg

A lot of weathering went into this using washes, dry brushing and powders.

One thing though, never quite worked out how the brakes on this worked - lateral movement I believe!!!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 9

• RMweb Gold

One of the problems with 00 RTR of that vintage.  The brake blocks are not far off the correct position, but the 16mm wheels are not!  Do you mount the brakes incorrectly to line up with the wheels (yes, in my view), or build to P4 standards?  The easy way is the compromise shown here, as getting the brakes in line means another piece to produce.  

Airfix construction kits got this right nearly 60 years ago. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 04/12/2019 at 23:00, KNP said:

Soaring this way and that...……….forever after that picture

2626.jpg.012347da80d07ef0252b0ea5ec1eeb2e.jpg

2627.jpg.fd25f657955c1ff590516e2c13884eee.jpg

I note those workmen (assuming they do some work from time to time) cannot even be bothered to look up when the Squadron Leader flies over.

Must be some interesting conversation they are having.  That, or they all put their necks out lifting the box onto the truck!

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, KNP said:

Another very old model that I got off the bay..

A Lima Express Dairies milk tank wagon that normally hides under cover in the Creamery yard.

2629.jpg.c1ddaea0f13af8221f449e5ac9a3dd39.jpg

A lot of weathering went into this using washes, dry brushing and powders.

One thing though, never quite worked out how the brakes on this worked - lateral movement I believe!!!

That is some top class weathering. Amazing job Kevin.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, Bogie said:

I note those workmen (assuming they do some work from time to time) cannot even be bothered to look up when the Squadron Leader flies over.

Must be some interesting conversation they are having.  That, or they all put their necks out lifting the box onto the truck!

I think they have been frozen in aspic.... they've been talking about that crate for ages :-)

• Funny 1