Little Muddle

KNP

42 minutes ago, Ray H said:

What about unloading that crate while there's a meeting planned!   :jester:

I believe that won't happen until the demarcation dispute is settled. Apparently there a three unions involved.

The first is the Box and Crate Movers and Unpackers Union who are refusing because they haven't received standing around pay at time and a half; the second are the Packers Union who are claiming that as they packed the crate they should be paid to unpack it (an ancient and ongoing dispute); while the third are the members of the the Workers who have forgotten what's in Crate, Box and Packages Union who will not be moved, or see anything else moved, until they can find the forms in triplicate that reveal the contents of the crate.  

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Malcolm 0-6-0 said:

until they can find the forms in triplicate

As per Douglas Adams...

"without orders signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters."

Al.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

That last view is brilliant Kevin.  Model U really have revolutionised things, and your application of the figures is superb.

I don't remember, is the ground done with DAS and toothbrush here?

• Agree 8
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Mikkel said:

That last view is brilliant Kevin.  Model U really have revolutionised things, and your application of the figures is superb.

I don't remember, is the ground done with DAS and toothbrush here?

Thanks

I am a great fan of Modelu figures so much so that another box arrived today with another complete set of eight GWR loco crew figures.

More will be added no doubt in the near future as Alan keeps coming out with new ones.

The ground is a mixture of Treemendous earth, sieved sand and filler rubbed into selected areas to smooth over in trafficked areas.

Then a selection of grey washes from light to medium to dark applied randomly before the previous application was dry so they could all be merged and blended together

I would point out that this was a multi faceted operation and I kept adding, tweaking, repainting etc etc until I got the look I was after - took days as I had to let the previous work dry before carrying on.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 3

19 minutes ago, vulcanbomber said:

Green Scene also produce textured paint, this is their "Devon Soil"

1583512488_Farm32.jpg.9bf2e34801071246ee2c4dbab9a80454.jpg

On Modbury for Devon soil I simply mixed burnt sienna with white emulsion, and painted the whole scenic section before applying static grass. Probably not quite as dark as that shown in your photo but seems to get positive comments at exhibitions.

Ian

• Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, vulcanbomber said:

Green Scene also produce textured paint, this is their "Devon Soil"

Both of my cuttings used this, a superb rendition straight out the jar.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

On 28/12/2019 at 23:02, KNP said:

CG3.jpg.84cd66231331d5adbdf2016bf22ad3fa.jpg

Him "It's all right for 'im, he's got all this money and likes to flaunt by boyin' new engines, and I'm still stook with this old delivery bike!"

Lady in blue hat "Now Bert don't be upsetting the Squoire, he'll only put the rents up again!!!"

Lady in grey hat "I sez the revolution can't coom sooner, and leave Bert alone, 'e's been forced to wear that same ratty old cap for years - it looks loik a bird's done its business on it!!

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, KNP said:

2251 progress.

Brass side number added.

Real coal in tender.

All black plastic painted with Vallejo Black/Grey.

Light dusting, 3 times, of Dullcote.

CG6.jpg.c532a1739d72a95194b86d6bfdfaacb9.jpg

A fall-plate too wouldn't go amiss to my old friend.;)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1