Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, KNP said:

2251 progress.

Brass side number added.

Real coal in tender.

All black plastic painted with Vallejo Black/Grey.

Light dusting, 3 times, of Dullcote.

CG4.jpg.0e989097c8c3266e7f16c7d9d8d77c3e.jpg

CG5.jpg.783e10b9fa7cd601e31af875f9782bf5.jpg

CG6.jpg.c532a1739d72a95194b86d6bfdfaacb9.jpg

CG7.jpg.11eb4b9c69f3e1046d8b797d55bdff2e.jpg

Two things I have noticed.

Do NOT eat a shortbread before picking up the model, because no matter how much you dust your hands you'll still have crumbs that stick to it.....!

The three lamps brackets on the front footplate now look to big and plus they don't fit the Modelu lamp slots - change is in the air...

Don't forget the two spare lamp irons on the firemans side.

• Agree 1

Happy New Year to everyone that follows this thread.

One wonders what a new decade will bring but not having 2020 vision (without my glasses on) one can only wait and see......

but one thing I can promise is that Snowflake will be finished (in due course) and those troublesome points will also be sorted and Little Muddle will be fully operational again...

See, a plan is starting to come together already.....

All the best for the coming year and I hope I can keep this meandering and sometimes modelling thread going without running out of ideas!

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Happy New Year Kevin.

Im intrigued about what Hattons will be talking about this afternoon, they have a special edition of their a Youtube show, talking about models for 2020. I doubt they will spill the beans on Hornby release schedule..... 

Anyway, looking forward to seeing the further exploits at Little Muddle as the year progresses.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sjrixon said:

What did you use on the coupling rods? 

Looks very nice, just covering the amazing, super shiny coal really lifted it. 

At present just painted with Vallejo Black/Grey but lots more weathering to go...

Agree about the coal as just painting the original with matt varnish just didn't cut it.

• Informative/Useful 3

No more videos of 2251 for a moment until she has her crew and weathering done.

One thing I will pass on as it might be useful to someone.

This loco is fitted with a Zimo MX616R chip and I just could not get to set up as Railmaster kept saying read error. Frustrated I left for a while, then going back with fresh eyes I noticed one of the sand pipes was bent and touching a wheel, after sorting that out everything went fine and you saw the end result.

So if you have problems just check that nothing is out of place and touching where it shouldn't.

Edited by KNP
  • Informative/Useful 2

Funny what you end up building.

Looked after my grandson last night whilst the rest of the family went to see Cats.

Made of thick card that just pushed together.

760mm tall and separates into the three Saturn V stages complete with lunar module in stage 3.

Fun to build but will not be ending up on the layout.....

IMG_1047.jpg.47745237e048ac04db14e6814027564d.jpg

Not sure exactly how much of this my grandson built....?

Edited by KNP
  • Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Kevin,

I'm just catching up (as you're most probably aware with other more pressing matters in hand ) and I must say that your video has certainly brought LM to life for me, it puts a new perspective on your excellent work and would love to see more time permitting.

Or maybe ask Buzz Lightyear to help ?

G

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 05/01/2020 at 09:41, KNP said:

Funny what you end up building.

Looked after my grandson last night whilst the rest of the family went to see Cats.

Made of thick card that just pushed together.

760mm tall and separates into the three Saturn V stages complete with lunar module in stage 3.

Fun to build but will not be ending up on the layout.....

IMG_1047.jpg.47745237e048ac04db14e6814027564d.jpg

Not sure exactly how much of this my grandson built....?

Just out of interest --- where are you going to put that on the layout? and then explain its appearence to the village council?

just found this thread and cant believe the standard of modelling you have created. just 200 more pages to peruse through

• Thanks 1

' Snowflake update '

Work has been concentrated on the stern area with the rudder assembly and control cabling added.

Few other bits added as well.

IMG_1055.jpg.64c5f03f4ce8cf710b288705ebfbb1de.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg.fd85ffdf876ce6ddbddce2879202dd21.jpg

I have taken a bit of modellers license here and used cabling for the wheel/rudder controls as I couldn't get chain small enough to go through the pully wheel brackets.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 17
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2