Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold
56 minutes ago, KNP said:

Must remember to do something with those wagon numbers!!!!

The excellent weathering means it's not noticeable.

Love those rusty rings and shackles on the quayside - such a lovely bit of detailing.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Now I don't want to be awkward (what me!!!???) but how are those poles/logs/pit props by the Goods Shed staying in place? If I stacked them like that they would roll all over the place :lol:. Is there some rope round them I can't see?

I like the black and white view.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Benbow said:

Now I don't want to be awkward (what me!!!???) but how are those poles/logs/pit props by the Goods Shed staying in place? If I stacked them like that they would roll all over the place :lol:. Is there some rope round them I can't see?

I like the black and white view.

They are glued together!

They are meant to be a wagon load but have never made it into one!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, KNP said:

Another one of those...

don't know which is best...

so here are both for you to decide

2655.jpg.228440a8b1b06a4aef816e0bc1cefe16.jpg

2655a.jpg.5f8aa74eb4518ff356269ea9b7e77c3e.jpg

Can I do TWO LIKES for both equally?

The first has clarity, the second nostalgia and atmosphere.:good:

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Kevin,

I'm blown away by what you've achieved, particularly when you revealed the TARDIS-like space you've squeezed so much atmosphere into - and if people hadn't already compared you to that pioneer of layouts that seem to spring to life, John Ahern already I would be doing so now!

This is a looooong thread and it might have been covered already (I did have a quick search), but I wonder how you operate that lovely layout of yours - do you have a timetable, just run a couple trains now and again, or is it mostly about the model making for you?

Keep up the inspirational work!

Stuart

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, StuartMc said:

I wonder how you operate that lovely layout of yours - do you have a timetable, just run a couple trains now and again, or is it mostly about the model making for you?

Looking forward to the answer . . . . . . . . . . . .  ^_^

• Informative/Useful 1

8 hours ago, StuartMc said:

Hi Kevin,

I'm blown away by what you've achieved, particularly when you revealed the TARDIS-like space you've squeezed so much atmosphere into - and if people hadn't already compared you to that pioneer of layouts that seem to spring to life, John Ahern already I would be doing so now!

This is a looooong thread and it might have been covered already (I did have a quick search), but I wonder how you operate that lovely layout of yours - do you have a timetable, just run a couple trains now and again, or is it mostly about the model making for you?

Keep up the inspirational work!

Stuart

Thanks for the kind words and with regard to running this layout.......incidental is the best way to describe the operating side.

That part is very much of secondary concern to me. With no word of a lie I can’t recall a time where anything has run to a timetable or come to that at all.

It has been referred to as one large photo prop which suits me down to the ground as in the last few years photographing the layout or staged scenes has become the main driving force.

For example, the last batch of pictures was organised beforehand and everything lifted into place..

You never know I might fire up Railmaster and get something moving......

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2