Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

Dinjies, Petunia, they call em dinjies...

Prizes not awarded for first person to show his age and identify this reference in a correct Brummie accent.

Perhaps not so old. Wikipedia says that Petunia (and Joe) made a return appearance in 2018, 50 years on.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 02/02/2020 at 01:42, St Enodoc said:

Perhaps not so old. Wikipedia says that Petunia (and Joe) made a return appearance in 2018, 50 years on.

Still very funny after all those years and Petunia still has a prehensile lizard tongue:

Edit: I love the way Joe very carefully reads the speech bubble through his binoculars.

Edited by Harlequin
  • Like 8

Fan bloomintastic layout  Kev! Words fail me. Up to page 126 and the references to Pendon are more than  justified.

I've visited  that master piece for more than 40 years and have every decade since and yours is equal in almost every scenic department if not better. 

Would love to see more of the characters that populate the place but relaise at about 3 quid a piece that could cost a fortune. Keep up the good work as its never finished!

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

That rigging is exquisite! The whole build is so realistic - itreminds me of hours spent as a youth in the science museum admiring the intricacies of  model ships!  Mr Basset Lowke didn’t weather his ship models though. Today he has overdone the weathering with steampunk.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, KNP said:

The Squadron Leader was out and about on a tourist trip over the channel and spotted a ship steaming slowly along.

Swopping down and flying into the afternoon sun he caught the vessel from both directions

SF13.jpg.b3f33e80bb21d41729261de7ecf5527e.jpg

SF14.jpg.1cea77ba3eecae3ff9c2a2e138eeb46a.jpg

PS - not quite astronomically correct as the as the sun seems to have changed 180 degrees!!!!…….but I don't think anyone will notice!

Sorry Kevin, first thing I noticed even before I’d got to your postscript.  If she’d been at anchor you might've been able to claim the tide had turn and she’d swung to it...

Looking better with each posting, though, utterly believable!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Limpley Stoker said:

Mr Basset Lowke didn’t weather his ship models though. Today he has overdone the weathering with steampunk.

Do you fancy getting down with the kids by gluing some pointless gear wheels on the side, Kevin? 

No, that's too far. Maybe just a Skull and Crossbones flag!

:jester:

Edited by Harlequin
  • Funny 5