Little Muddle

KNP

5 hours ago, Mick Bonwick said:

Absolutely excellent! Without any word of exaggeration, this could be a photograph of the real thing.

What do you mean 'could be' it is isn't it? :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

Kevin, your latest series of pictures are absolutely stunning and the attention to detail in your modelling is outstanding. I am in awe.  Brian

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I’ve just started the Little Muddle Harbour Extension campaign - we need permanent moorings for these and potentially further vessels. Much more use than HS2 or Heathrow 3.  Fantastic modelling and photography!

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

Many thanks for all your comments about the boats.

I understand there has been a suggestion about organising a campaign for the extending of the harbour to allow for more vessels.

The harbour is an extension anyway with the present harbour wall being the original profile board line.

The siding was to serve a gasworks which I abandoned early on as it didn’t look right and altered it to it’s current configuration with a harbour/buildings added.

So I’m afraid I will be unable to carry out this extension request regardless of the result of the campaign.

There is one slight issue that I should mention and that is if I extended the harbour then I couldn’t open the door into the room! I suppose I could fit a stable door and only use the bottom half crawling into the room on my hands and knees!

• Like 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 3

6 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

Wasn’t her Port of Registry Ilfracombe?  Now there’s a nice long word fora curved surface...

Re-registered in 1938 due mainly to not having enough 2mm letters to do Iffracombe!

nor could I spell it...!!!!

I can do Iffracobe but that just didn’t look right........and I’m sure someone would tell me of the mistake.

So Newport it is.....anyway I’m sure rule 1 applies to boats as well.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 4

25 minutes ago, Benbow said:

The trouble with this thread is that when I look at the standard achieved I feel like giving up! :cray_mini2:

Benbow,

I am sure Kevin will tell you that he didn't instantly get everything right when he started!

I don't expect to reach the standard shown, but it spurs me to keep going and see where I can get.

I don't think Kevin will mind if you ask questions or raise problems you are wrestling with. A problem shared is a problem halved, or with luck solved.

If readers here don't know the answer, they usually know a man (or woman) who does!

So keep at it Benbow

While I think of it, anyone know when "enparts" vans first bore that wording? I thought it was the 70's but just came across the term in a 1961 coach/van workings appendix, so I guess it was then, if not earlier?

Thanks

Cheers

Paul

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

56 minutes ago, Benbow said:

The trouble with this thread is that when I look at the standard achieved I feel like giving up! :cray_mini2:

The results you see now have taken me years to get right or to a level that I am happy to post.

In fact, I would say that since posting on this site it has spurred me on even more.

So please press on but never give up as one day you will get the results you are happy with.

• Like 6
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I do think as well as aspiring to improve, we need to enjoy modelling at the standard we can achieve. It's clear that we can't all be Pendon or MRJ standard and it's no good allowing that to spoil your enjoyment.

I play 5 a side every tuesday and enjoy every minute, despite the fact that I'll never get called up for Norwich City ......

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

This layout is always an inspiration, to me and it it always encourages to improve on what I have been doing.

My biggest encouragement recently was when a friend of mine asked if his grandson could come and visit the layout  and the look on the nine year old of amazement.

He has been back since with lots of questions, and fortunately there is always something he hasn't spotted before. I demonstrated static grass to him last time since he was amazed by the grass on the layout.

Best of all I managed to run the full schedule ,which I don't do very often, with out any problems.

So please keep posting KNP

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1