Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Stubby47 said:

Son to Dad - Why has it all gone dark Dad ?

Dad to Son - Dunno lad, but keep your head down, I think I can hear a Messerschmitt overhead

Mum to Daughter - (Stupid bloke, that's a Sopwith Camel if ever I heard one)

Daughter to Mum - Ooh, can I have the camel instead of my teddy bear ?

Is that a cue for the "those Fokkers were Messerschmidts" joke?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

For the sake of completeness it may well be that whatever leaves Encombe Town  in 1935 doesn’t arrive in Little Muddle until 1938 or vice versa so the aeronautical possibilities are variable. No mention of train or ‘consist’ whatever that is.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

3 hours ago, KNP said:

Red Leader to base, Red Leader to base, over.

Base receiving, over...

Red Leader here, target acquired and concealed in goods shed, commencing fly past for pictures. Out.

Base to Red Leader under no circumstances let PC Dibble get your identity. Please respond. Over.

Red Leader to base, he is chatting and I am wearing dark tinted goggles so he shouldn’t recognise me. Out.

After completing his mission the Squadron Leader returned to base and the pictures were urgently developed.

At this point please imagine 30 minutes have past

and here are here they are!

3C869026-3960-4AA2-89C4-29795D77DC85.jpeg.81baea0a87615aac16c9ab20fe5f5e9e.jpeg

F6BF7C5E-A810-4983-86D7-09F02814784C.jpeg.9db4beffc0073d21b32b6b8ad165e82f.jpeg

Clearly showing the railcar in the goods shed.

Hiding or loading....?

I leave that to your imagination....!!

I thought the upper photo rather reminiscent of a tortoise.  Specsavers, perhaps?

• Agree 2
  • Funny 6

6 minutes ago, Simond said:

I thought the upper photo rather reminiscent of a tortoise.  Specsavers, perhaps?

Looks nothing like a point motor ! :laugh_mini:

• Agree 3
  • Funny 7

4 hours ago, CDGfife said:

If the Railcar is being loaded in the goods shed (and referring earlier debate), does that make it a freight train, goods bus or Railvan?;)

Chris

Hard to say, everyone was too busy having a Fokke about to give it the proper consideration.

• Agree 2

Hi KNP, I finally signed up to RMWeb after following this thread and a few others for the last few (6+) months.  I just wanted to say that your layout with your journal of progress and thoughts and humour, have been an inspiration for me to actually 'model' something rather than just have a train set.  While my bank account and free time have taken a hit, it's been thoroughly enjoyable especially during this period of 'lockdown', so many thanks, and keep up the fantastic work, it isn't wasted!!!  

• Like 8
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 minute ago, MoonMonkey said:

Hi KNP, I finally signed up to RMWeb after following this thread and a few others for the last few (6+) months.  I just wanted to say that your layout with your journal of progress and thoughts and humour, have been an inspiration for me to actually 'model' something rather than just have a train set.  While my bank account and free time have taken a hit, it's been thoroughly enjoyable especially during this period of 'lockdown', so many thanks, and keep up the fantastic work, it isn't wasted!!!  

Welcome aboard.

Thanks for your kind comments and hope to see some pictures soon of your efforts.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

13 minutes ago, MoonMonkey said:

I just wanted to say that your layout with your journal of progress and thoughts and humour, have been an inspiration for me to actually 'model' something rather than just have a train set. 

I don't think you could have found a more inspirational thread !

• Like 2
  • Agree 11
  • Thanks 1

Loving the shop front and signage Kevin, may I ask what software you're using ?

I have Affinity on my MacBook which seems to do the job quite well for my purposes.

G

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, bgman said:

Loving the shop front and signage Kevin, may I ask what software you're using ?

I have Affinity on my MacBook which seems to do the job quite well for my purposes.

G

Thanks.

Serif PagePlus 8

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

16 hours ago, westerhamstation said:

Hi Kevin, i just love your attention to detail, for example the letterbox. Was Hank Marvin with the shadows when you took the pictures. All the best Adrian.

Very kind.

Postman complains though as he has bend down to post the letters.

Regarding Hank and the shadows they where here earlier but couldn’t do much as there where to many clouds about so the sunlight was a bit apache!!!!!
Everyone a gem.....

Edited by KNP
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, KNP said:

Very kind.

Postman complains though as he has bend down to post the letters.

Regarding Hank and the shadows they where here earlier but couldn’t do much as there where many clouds about so the sunlight was a bit apache!!!!!
Everyone a gem.....

I now have earworm!

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, KNP said:

Regarding Hank and the shadows they where here earlier but couldn’t do much as there where many clouds about so the sunlight was a bit apache!!!!!

Where's that blasted 'Groan' button?

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Stunning as usual.

The shop - you feel you could walk in an ask when My shoes will be ready.

The railcar scene - another great couple of photos.

If only I could achieve the same standards, thanks as ever for the inspiration @KNP.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1