Little Muddle

KNP

7 hours ago, darren chpamn said:

Hi kevin

I would like to rack your brains with regards your b set.

When you filled the extra window in how did you match the colour  or did you  repaint  the coach? 

Thanks daz

Morning.

I mixed some Vallejo colour starting with Buff until I had a near match then weathered the area.

The rest of the coach is original.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

50 minutes ago, KNP said:

Thanks for all the comments and likes for the cottages.

Though to most they looked finished to me they weren't, so over the last few weeks I have been working on them.

Not fully finished, because do we ever finish our layouts?, but to nearly finish.

I have added, seats. washing lines, bikes, dustbins, chairs, gardening tools, wheel barrows, actually fixed the building to the base and sealed the gap at the junction, shrubs, more plants, weeds and things I have now forgotten about.......!!

So here are a few of my favourite views.

2959.jpg.c64c9caf831f939883d2e3c7a44d530f.jpg

2962.jpg.2f25bb0480d5f2b5eb2660fd592e3550.jpg

2964.jpg.30e9c6b1adb14f180ebc8fa0034fa251.jpg

Hopefully, the modules will not be removed again, easy to do but heart in mouth job nevertheless as one slip and.........

Fantastic modelling!

• Like 2
  • Agree 7
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, KNP said:

Thanks for all the comments and likes for the cottages.

Though to most they looked finished to me they weren't, so over the last few weeks I have been working on them.

Not fully finished, because do we ever finish our layouts?, but to nearly finish.

I have added, seats. washing lines, bikes, dustbins, chairs, gardening tools, wheel barrows, actually fixed the building to the base and sealed the gap at the junction, shrubs, more plants, weeds and things I have now forgotten about.......!!

So here are a few of my favourite views.

2959.jpg.c64c9caf831f939883d2e3c7a44d530f.jpg

2962.jpg.2f25bb0480d5f2b5eb2660fd592e3550.jpg

2964.jpg.30e9c6b1adb14f180ebc8fa0034fa251.jpg

Hopefully, the modules will not be removed again, easy to do but heart in mouth job nevertheless as one slip and.........

Kevin - Brilliant modelling and detail.  Fantastic scene.  What more can I say !  

• Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

I do like what is known as vernacular architecture (I am a connoisseur of home made sheds!) people used to put a lot of effort into building them with anything that they could find and still come up with something that looked good. Modern DIY store sheds garden make good kindling, that's about it.

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Yes, using as small (f22 for example) an aperture as possible, will ensure subjects in front and behind the actual subject you are focusing on are all in sharp focus.

Using a large aperture (f1.8/2) will ensure only the subject, or part thereof, will be in focus. 

It's known as depth of field.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depth_of_field?wprov=sfla1

Edited by Tim Dubya
hangover
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 minute ago, Tim Dubya said:

Yes, using as small (f22 for example) an aperture as possible, will ensure subjects in front and behind the actual subject you are focusing on are in focus.

Using a large aperture (f1.8/2) will ensure only the subject, or part thereof, will be in focus. 

It's known as depth of field.

Agree, my old Canon DLSR would go to f22 but then it would have taken half the layout with it......as even with just the 50mm lens it was large and heavy.

The Panasonic TZ100 is small, powerful but will only go down to f8 hence the use of post focus, sometimes when editing I select which stepped focus frames I will use in order to play with DoF.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3