Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold
On 05/07/2020 at 08:23, KNP said:

So, I had a thought, and tried something I should have tried ages go, obvious now when you think about it really!!!

Camera same distance but now set on A (aperture), macro setting, post focus and auto ISO.

The result, well sharp and no bleeding/ghosting issues of concern, the only thing I had was it was a bit dark but that was sorted by increasing the exposure/brightness/contrast on editing.

No doubt that can be altered on the camera as well when setting up the picture.

Still a bit dark this one, but it is something to work on especially in the areas of shadow.

Hi Kevin

A bit late responding on this and you may have already worked it out, but when you use Aperture priority your camera should have an "Exposure Compensation" (+/-) setting which you can move up our down in third or half stop increments so I'd suggest stting up a shot and then increasing the exposure one increment at a time until you are happy with the outcome. If you can see the image on the back screen of the camera it may be possible to see the effect that this has but taking a series of shots should not wear out your pixels!:)

Hope this helps.
tony

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, KNP said:

Banana van out and about on shake down trip....

I did have an issue with the running number as the transfer sheet said 105563 but this is a Y4 diagram model and my reference only went on to 105547.

Now it might be right but I then had a brain wave and swopped the last two digits around so it became 105536 - problem sorted.

Slippery characters, these banana vans!

Waiting patiently for some close-up shots. I We need to see how well you've done this one! :good:

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

Slippery characters, these banana vans!

Waiting patiently for some close-up shots. I We need to see how well you've done this one! :good:

They certainly are.

Took me ages to apply the transfers as   soon as I got near, off it slipped across the work bench.

Is this close enough?

EBF9521E-7345-4D7D-A46F-3BC6D0CE4F20.jpeg.79bb96279dd9663958985ee95e51721a.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 6

On 05/07/2020 at 21:19, St Enodoc said:

Were they frozen assets?

They had thawed and dribbled away to almost nothing of much by the time we wrote them off....

(US Ice Refrigerator cars were cooled by chunked  ice and salt mixtures in the end bunkers. Later cars had internal fans to push the cold air through  false floors  to cool the shipment. Fans were driven off belt attached to axle.)

• Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 minutes ago, autocoach said:

They had thawed and dribbled away to almost nothing of much by the time we wrote them off....

(US Ice Refrigerator cars were cooled by chunked  ice and salt mixtures in the end bunkers. Later cars had internal fans to push the cold air through  false floors  to cool the shipment. Fans were driven off belt attached to axle.)

Sounds like a simple and practical solution. (apart from the ice supply) At least that kind of refrigerator car wouldn't be full of unsociable chemicals.

• Agree 1

Well, to be fair to our Engineers a century ago, dry ice isn’t unsociable either.  

It’s solidified carbon dioxide, which is usually an industrial by-product that would be released to atmosphere anyway.  

Though I’d agree that cyclic cooling as applied to modern day container & truck traffic is arguably much more of an issue - refrigerants, and compressors run electrically or from a diesel donkey engine are hardly environmentally friendly.  

Still we all want our veg from a gazillion miles away fresh every morning in the supermarket...

atb

Simon

Edited by Simond
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 2

10 hours ago, KNP said:

No glitch this end....

It would seem that planned obsolescence has finally caught up with this phone, no longer supported blah blah... In short, we are forcing you to buy a new one despite the fact that all functions except internet access still work perfectly. Keeps the manufacturers pockets bulging.

I bet the so called engineers have dreams of being able to make such utilitarian items as yard brushes and hammers with chips and circuitry, so we bought a new one every couple of years. I'll be seeing you all again when I can get the cash together for a new phone! :D

• Friendly/supportive 3